I'm Feeling Bad For My Mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm feeling sad for my mom at the moment. She just got word from her best friend, Yvette, that Yvette has pancreatic cancer, and it has metastisized (sp?). In the last few years, my mother has lost quite a few friends to death, as she is 82. Yvette is only 73, so I was kind of counting on her to keep my mom company in the coming years. She has always been so vigorous and active, and she just loves my mom.

My mom actually called me today to "talk", but I really know that she called me to tell me about Yvette. My mother has suffered a lot and is too brave to let it out, but she never calls me during the day during the week. That just tells me how upset she really is inside.

If you've got just a brief moment for a prayer for my mom (Audrey) and Yvette, I sure would appreciate it.

I'm going up there next week, and I will take my mom out to see Yvette, since I haven't seen her in years. She is a real character, and we are hoping for the best.

Thanks.

:l :l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Sending your mom and her friend prayers, Kathy. I am also sending you prayers too.

Comment

definitely

:wings:

I will DEFINITELY pray about your mom's friend, Yvette, and I am truly sorry for her loss........reminds me of my dad when he lost younger brother to cancer, he took it really hard.

Sorry,:sorry:

love,:h:l

Mary Anne
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

How nice you will be able to see them both soon. I will say prayers for all of you.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi Kathy,
          I will keep them both in my thoughts and prayers. It is so nice that you will be with your mom, very soon. I am sure your support will be comforting to her.
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kathy - hope you have some quality time together.....sending you all my love and prayers. Janicexxx
            AF since 9 May 2012
            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

sending you my prayer and best wishes for you and your mom
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Kathy,
                It is so dreadful when our parents loose one friend after the other. I went through the same with my Mom.
                I hope that you can have a meaningful and fun visit with them this weekend.
                Thinking of you
                Lori
                *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Kathy: I will pray for Audrey & Yvette. My parents are in their 90's & have lost most of their friends & family. It must be very difficult. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Kathy.....I'm so sorry to hear this....I remember how upset my mom would get when a friend died. Just today I said to my dh..."we are at the age where it seems like every week someone we know gets sick or dies"...I guess its a part of life. A sad part ...
                    Father,
                    Please bless Kathy as she ministers to her mom and friend. Help them to have some good times together and comfort them when the time comes to say goodbye for now. Help us to all realize that our time here is short and make the most of what we have. Thank you for your blessings and for helping us to know that we are not alone and we are loved very much.
                    In Jesus name.
                    Amen
                    :hNancy
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Kathy,
                      Hugs to YOU
                      Brigid

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kathy...

Don

Comment

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you all are going through this. They certainly will be added to my prayers.

It is hard to watch a parent lose their friends and family. My dad lost his best friend and his the last 2 of his siblings all in one year. It really depresses him that he is the patriarch of his family, because he just dwells on about his days being numbered. It's so hard to keep his spirits up. My heart goes out to you. I really understand.

Enjoy the time together as best as you can.

Love, Me
                          :l
                          Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Sending healing energy to all three of you. XXXXXXXX Kathy.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Kathy, that is so kind that you are taking your Mom to see her best friend in her time of need. Here is a prayer for others that I took from my "Daily Word" prayer book. My thoughts and prayers go out for you also.

"Dear God, I give thanks that Your spirit of life and renewal is active within my loved ones now. What ever the circumstances or conditions may be, I know that healing is taking place within each person. I am partnering with You and with them in affirming their health and vitality.

I will continue to pray as I move through this day. Each thought of my loved ones is a prayer of faith, and each prayer is an affirmation of their total well-being. Having prayed for the well-being of others, I am refreshed. Thank you God."
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                              X