A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunday current and future long term abbers!!!

Welcome doubter!! I too was reading your post until the very end! You got me!! Hey - I could use a little culture too and I bet you could find about 3856395 folks who would agree with that!

How is everyone today? I'm feeling really good today. I've already gotten a head start on laundry and some other stuff, done some thread hopping here, made a nice breakfast for me and Mr. Doggy, made my menu plan for the week and now I'm getting ready to go shopping!

Whenever I whine about craving booze, would you all please remind me how good it feels to NOT be hungover (how would daily drinkers like me every know the difference..)? Kick my butt and tell me to go take a GABA and cut the crap.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Your Future Long Term Abber,
    DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Pffftt... who's name sucks more??

doubter;292067 wrote:
      Just gone through all the posts by Angel ( ya, the 'Fallen' truly sucks) and all u outers, I solemnly beseech you to read all his posts once again carefully to find out who he is ( as some of us are curious to find out)....
      Doubter
      The scene opens as Angel sips contently on her morning java

:ranger

"Hmmmm.... looks like I have a new message posted to me" she mused to herself
      as she
      logged into MWO...... "What the .......????" :wow:

So let me get this straight Doubter (or whoever you are)... apparently not only does my ID name suck, but now there's issues on my gender??? :bat

You know, your ID isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either...
      tell you what, maybe we BOTH should look for something more befitting of our personalities.... I was thinking ScreaminBanshee might be suitable for me. As for you my friend, I've been giving this alot of thought...let's see..... SmartArse is good, but probably already taken... FavouritePasttimePokingAngryBearWithStick..... suits you quite nicely, but I think your PC connection might time out before you get logged in...... HowAmIeverGoingToLiveThis OneDown is a good one too, but refer back to FavouritePasttimePokingAngryBearWithStick for possible complications.
      See... this is my point... coming up with an appropriate name isn't as easy as one would think.
      You know what I'm thinking??
      I think we should run a contest & have the members of MWO decide on our handles.... since we both suck at choosing our own!! LOL

Btw.... was it my reference to "going out to the garden to eat worms" that gave away my literary skills.... oar mi goud speling?
      AF 6 years
      NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

I was hoping someone would come to my rescue

tkeene;292085 wrote: Wow doubter...when I first started reading your post, I was all shocked reading your thoughts on my dear sweet Fallen Angel! I thought you were so wrong about HER (BTW he is a SHE) being a part of this forum in any manner except to share her journey with us.
        Sheesh... I don't know why it is, but it seems everywhere I go there's someone waiting to poke me with a stick....
        it certainly can't be any of my doing....
        by chance do I have a "kick me" sign stuck to my backside??
        (Or maybe mine says: now that I'mFallenAndCan'tGetUp, you might as well kick me too) lol

Good Morning to you tkeene!
        From reading the posts this morning, it looks like we're all in good spirits & are going to have a great AF day!!
        I'm really looking forward to forming a support group where we are accountable to one another & reaffirm our sobriety committment each day.
        I'm going to post a thought for the day in awhile, I think it would be great if we came up with something on a daily (or semi-daily) basis to ponder & reflect on. It might take awhile, but I'm confident that we come up with ideas as a group of what we need & what works to keep us on track.

Btw... did I mention I love the icons here?? tee hee
        This is so cool.... instead of typing my fingers to the bone, I can just point-&-click to tell you about the worst hair salon experience I ever had:
        ull nfire: :boohoo: :anon:
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

Doggygirl;292140 wrote:
          Whenever I whine about craving booze, would you all please remind me how good it feels to NOT be hungover (how would daily drinkers like me every know the difference..)? Kick my butt and tell me to go take a GABA and cut the crap.
          Good afternoon to ya DG!
          Your wish is my command! And for about 9 months out of the year, I can deliver a swift kick to the butt with a frozen boot.... how's that?? lol

Wow! I'm impressed about you getting the week's meals planned... I always mean to do that, but it ends up the meals get made by "what's in the fridge". *sigh*

I love how upbeat you & tkeene sound today...you ladies ROCK!
          I'm not sure how the weekends rate on a difficulty level for the two of you, for me it has always been tougher than the workweek... so when I eased through a weekend, it was a great way to start off on a Monday..... and NO HANGOVER! :thumbsup
          AF 6 years
          NF 7 years

Comment

Fallen ~ Huge congrats on 7 months! WOW!!

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate a sense of humor like yours. You are a breath of fresh air!!

Keep it up girl!!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

A Plea from the Screen Name Challenged

I know that I am new here, and have no right to ask favors yet....
              but could you kind-wonderful-good looking-wow did you lose weight, not that you needed to-intelligent people find it in your hearts to add a mere 5 keystrokes when typing my temporary lame ID name? We have a contest started, and hopefully me & Doubter (that's lamer than mine!!) will get suitable names that won't scar us for life like the ones we have now.
              TIA
              FallenAngel
              btw... did I mention it looks like you lost weight?

Thankful;292300 wrote: Fallen ~ Huge congrats on 7 months! WOW!!

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate a sense of humor like yours.

Hello Thankful (what a beautiful name.... that was my first choice, but I see you already stole
              it) and thank you so much for the congrats!
              I'm nearing my 8th month milestone I'll have you know... can we have a party or something??
              Nothing fancy of course.... but you should know that I do prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate (hate for you to have to make a 2nd trip).... male strippers, well... that's just a given when it comes to parties.... theme parties are always fun, but I guess black tie would do in a pinch..... can we have those little paper umbrellas in our drinks too?? Nothing more festive than a orchid blossom print umbrella floating in 37 degree freshly squeezed organic orange juice, slice of mango, 5 glacier ice cubes in a slender crystal glass. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes.
              Btw, what band are you planning to book??

Seriously, thank you so much for your kind words. :huggy
              Having fun & laughing at myself has always been an important part of my recovery (as well as a few primal screams). Although we need to spend time in self-examination of why we have addictions & what we must do to overcome them, we must remember that the process doesn't need to be doom & gloom... it can be as fun & rewarding as we want to make it.
              Sometimes, our success lies in taking our focus away from what we are battling, and enjoying the benefits of why we are doing it.

I don't suffer from insanity....
              :teeter:
              I enjoy every minute of it!
              AF 6 years
              NF 7 years

Comment

Any smarty pants out there? I need answers!!

I've got questions...lots of them... but I'll start off simple:

1. What is that pencil/crayon thingy under member's name mean??

2. Why do I have to log back in everytime I go to post a message?
                (should I be taking this personally???)

3. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me the meaning of Life, the Universe &
                Everything?

TIA
                FallenAngel
                AF 6 years
                NF 7 years

Comment

LMAO!! You crack me up!

Quote from FallenAngel
                  .... male strippers, well... that's just a given when it comes to parties.... theme parties are always fun, but I guess black tie would do in a pinch..... can we have those little paper umbrellas in our drinks too?? Nothing more festive than a orchid blossom print umbrella floating in 37 degree freshly squeezed organic orange juice, slice of mango, 5 glacier ice cubes in a slender crystal glass. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes.
                  Well, if this is your type of party, you need to check out the "Pool Party" thread!
                  Caution: It's not for sensitive eyes and be sure the little kiddies are not looking over your shoulder!

Love, Me
                  :l
                  Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hey FallenANGEL - tell me you think I've lost weight even though my ass has been nominated for statehood it's so big, and you get what you wish for!!

I don't see a pencil looking thingy under anyone's name. Maybe I should be paranoid!!!

You shouldn't have to re-log in every time you go to post. There is a sticky at the top of a thread somewhere - maybe the main Intro section?? where you can report proplems with the forum. I think it's time to call for support! (and if there is a doG, then maybe support will be provided by a hot looking man wearing nothing but a bow tie...)

LOL - I had extra motivation to get my meals planned and shopping done. I'm a huge figure staking fan, and the world championships are this week. THE SEQUINS!! THE RHINESTONES!! THE TIARAS!! THE WEDGIES!!! And that's just the MEN'S division!! Only a small amount is telvised in the US, but usually one can find illegal internet feeds to watch the whole thing. There is a figure skating discussion board that is positively wild that makes it almost better than being there live. SO...I'm clearing as many of my responsibilities for the week TODAY if I can.

FallenANGEL, you are my kinda party girl!

Waving hi to Thankyou!!!

Well - nighty night all - I'm off for a movie and hopefully some SLEEP!

DG
                    Day 4 started at 3PM ****
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;292453 wrote: I'm a huge figure staking fan, and the world championships are this week. THE SEQUINS!! THE RHINESTONES!! THE TIARAS!! THE WEDGIES!!! And that's just the MEN'S division!! ****
                      ROFLMAO!!!!

I have an idea!
                      Why don't we dedicate this week to your weird fetish....

...and next week it's my turn!
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

waving the white flag

eace:
                        Hi Angel,tkeene, Doggygirl and all other sufferers of my obnoxious posts!
                        Just logged in to find my previous post being hauled over the coals- roasted, fried, smoked and charred.. Just deserts for having a wierd sense of humour and even worse posting skills!!
                        tkeene & Doggygirl, to not let my error degenerate into an ever embarassing mistake, I hereby clarify that I have found Angel's posts truly endearing and enlightening and was in awe of HER posting skills and hence made my earlier post in true admiration... and wanted to welcome her into this joint journey of de-addiction and self-rejeneration...sad if the post finally appeared otherwise...And the accolade was probably mistaken for a poking stick.:upset:
                        I think the comment 'the 'fallen' truly sucks ' got everybody's goat. I was only commenting on her screenID. I meant that for a person who comes across so refreshingly wise , the 'fallen' part of her screenID was not apt. (RedeemedAngel sounds more appropriate). I sincerely apologize that I could not convey my thought correctly.
                        Also, my al-addled brain couldn't discern that such perspicacious posts can only come from the gender feminine.
                        Angel, I was definitely not smartalecking. Not being a native english speaker, I know that my posts more often than not, come across as too heavy & turgid..... I write the way I learnt writing in my high school English classes. I read English more often than I speak & it tells in my posts.
                        Anyway, friends I'm here in my quest for sobriety and self-redemption. I found the posts in this site heartwarming and educative and the people here to be delightfully understanding. Lets all continue helping each other in our spiritual growth.( That is assuming I'll not be thrown out of the site for alleged transgressions..)
                        tkeene, about my allergy-inducing screenname. When I first logged in , I had a nagging doubt whether I should term myself an alcoholic or alcohol-dependent or whatelse. So it came naturally. Also, by nature, I'm generally afflicted with the to-do-or-not-to-do syndrome in all my actions. So I thought the ID was apt... In fact I'm seriously contemplating changing my name to Or-if.
                        Closing thoughts.... how does the ID Instigatorofstormsinteacups sound?
                        Doubter
                        (Again started smoking....the peacepipe!)
                        *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Hey doubter! I love your posts! Don't be such a doubter about yourself!!

And in my ever not so humble opinion, there is nothing wrong with a good "poke" once in awhile either.

Let's see. New names for our dear FallenANGEL. How about Wings? Or maybe keep the FA name, but kidnap Wonder's former angel for your avatar? (I said he disappeared, but I was lying like a rug. I still have him, and could send him your way!)

Anyway, today has gotten off to a good start. Mr. Doggy is having a meeting right now with a client here at our house. So I was up early cleaning up dog hair and wiping off the counters, etc. etc. This dude is a high priced downtown Chicago lawyer, so I had to tiff things up a bit around here. He pulled up in his Mercedes at 9AM sharp! I'm glad we don't have client meeting here very often!

Here's the good news. In the old days, I would have been stressing by now (it's 9:49AM) hoping this guy will be outa here soon so I could start sneaking drinks. Pathetic, I know. Not so today!! If anything, I'm anxious for them to finish so I can go make a spinach and feta cheese omlette - one of my breakfast faves!!! Now THAT is progress.

Happy wearin' o' the green!

DG
                          Day 4 AF ****
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

doubter;292518 wrote:
                            Hi Angel,tkeene, Doggygirl and all other sufferers of my obnoxious posts!
                            Just logged in to find my previous post being hauled over the coals- roasted, fried, smoked and charred..
                            ROFLMAO!!!
                            oh you're good..really good! LOL I can see we're going to get along just fine!!
                            Not that we're going to let you off the hook so easily though... get over here & take your 50 lashes with a wet noodle Mr Instigatorofstormsinteacups :b&d:

You weren't smartalecking??? Rats. And here I thought I found someone that could keep me on my toes *sigh*

Well Doubter, if that's the way you want to be.... we can't stop you from leaving our humble little haunt. Geez, I even had picked out a nice room for you down on the west wing & started getting it ready for you too. And the girls... oh dear, I'm going to have to break this to the girls about you no longer wanting to be part of our group. I'm sure the news is going to break their sweet fragile little hearts.... they've been working day & night arranging a welcome party for you.... woe is me, the one that must deliver such crushing news such as this. *sniffle*

(Angel sadly hangs her head & slowly...
                            slowly
                            shuffles away into the dark cold unknown regions of forumland).

AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

Comment

tkeene;292728 wrote: OK...I can see my simple little mind is going to have trouble keeping up with FA and doubter. Did he say he was leaving in his last post?

So FA...any thoughts on a new name?? t.
                              No, Doubter didn't leave.... as I recall, I gave him a severe lashing & told him to go to his room... and not to come out until he has written an eloquent post, gushing with praises of what wonderful souls the 3 of us are! *nudge nudge wink wink*

As far as changing my lame name
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

A Simple Realization

Very early on in my quit, I came to the conclusion that more than anything, I am a Liquidholic .... I always like having something to sip on when I'm relaxing. A glass of wine or a beer was always a mindless thing to reach for.
                                Now I make up a pot of tea, or throw a teabag into a pitcher of cold water, and have that sitting by me when I'm at the PC or relaxing. It really has taken away the craving for a drink at those times of my day.

Another FallenAngel
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

Comment

Working...
                                X