Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Doggygirl;292453 wrote:
    I don't see a pencil looking thingy under anyone's name. Maybe I should be paranoid!!!

Aaaaggghhhhh! I'm looking at your post & you got one of those pencil looking thingys under YOUR name!!! Am I the only one seeing these things?? I've heard of seeing spots...and stars... but never pencil thingys. :help!
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

FallenAngel;292418 wrote: I've got questions...lots of them... but I'll start off simple:

1. What is that pencil/crayon thingy under member's name mean??

2. Why do I have to log back in everytime I go to post a message?
      (should I be taking this personally???)

3. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me the meaning of Life, the Universe &
      Everything?

TIA
      FallenAngel
      1. You are a sbuscriber.

2. You did not check "remember me" when you log in.

3. 42 -- and I hope you have a towel...

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

cindi;292912 wrote:
        3. 42 -- and I hope you have a towel...
        Not only do I have a towel, I have the Trilogy in Five Parts!
        On DH's 42nd birthday, I wrapped his present in a towel! LOL

Thank you so much for the other answers as well...life got a whole lot easier..
        now, if I could just figure out how to use my digital watch & climb down from this tree...
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

Comment

Hi Cindi!! I hope you are going to journey with us here. I'm a Long Term Abber In Training!

OK - I grew up in the country, alright?? What's the 42 and towel connection????

Oh and FA - I will send you much chocolate, or the sinful food of your choice if you will provide me a web link to that fruit of the loom billboard!!!!!!

I GOTTA go make dinner now. It's been an awesome AF day, and you guys are all the BEST!!

Luv,
          the DAWG!
          I'm on Day 5 AF as of 3PM - 3.5 hours ago!!
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Don't Panic

Doggygirl;293133 wrote: OK - I grew up in the country, alright?? What's the 42 and towel connection????
            42 is the ultimate answer to the ulimate question... and a towel? Well, a towel is about the most massively useful thing an intersteller hitch hiker can have.[unquote]

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
            by Douglas Adams

AF 6 years
            NF 7 years

Comment

Chastened Instigator

Hi Doggygirl, tkeene, Angel, Cindi and all friends on this thread,
              Logging in, my instinct says that I should again continue in the vein that I was in in my previous post, but prudence shouts loudly in my ear that I should not distract others from the primary purpose of the Forum.
              Doggygirl , thanks for having the heart to like my posts and tkeene, I solemnly assure you from now on, I'll move heaven & earth to infuse my posts with less form & more content. ( 'try' is the operative thought here- not ' succeed').
              Today, is my 18th day alcohol-free. More importantly, yesterday night, I visited the Bar in my Club first time after the brawl, sat with a few boozing friends for an hour, but was only sipping soda.
              This gives me courage to stay al-free for the rest of the month. It's as if I've crossed a major threshold.
              Also for the past one week, I've been regularly practising Yoga, Pranayama ( breathing exercises ) & meditation for an hour everyday and this seems to have helped in curbing thoughts of booze. I would like all of you to post your favorite & effective coping strategies to stay alcohol-free.
              Set the ball rolling, Angel..Of course, I had to visit the Bar solely to recuperate from yesterday's heartless lashings..
              Have fun everyone
              D
              *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

how do you curb thots of booze when you're a loser parent who wishes they hadn't had kids...and have no time/freedom to do yoga/pranayama????

Comment

Hi Larissa

Hi Larissa,
                  Yoga/ pranayama sound to be big concepts, but they really are quite simple. A number of good sites are available to learn these for free.
                  We need to find as little as half-an-hour of time from our daily routine.
                  Also, the point about doing any physical / spiritual exercise is to feel positive, so that negative thoughts don't immobilize us.
                  All the best Larissa
                  D
                  *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

doubter;293464 wrote: I solemnly assure you from now on, I'll move heaven & earth to infuse my posts with less form & more content. .........

( I would like all of you to post your favorite & effective coping strategies to stay alcohol-free.
                    Set the ball rolling, Angel..Of course, I had to visit the Bar solely to recuperate from yesterday's heartless lashings..
                    First of all my Doubting friend, DON'T YOU DARE change your postings...otherwise, I'm so OUTTA HERE!! LOL

Ok,.... I'll start the ball rolling on strategies that I have used over the past months to stay sober.
                    I think one of the most important issues for me, is that I don't become a "dry drunk"... a drinker that doesn't drink, but still wants to. This is where so much of the emotional work comes in. We must start trying to look at ourselves with total honesty... and search for the real reasons why we drink, even though we keep telling ourselves that we don't want to.
                    Someone once asked me if I would pour alcohol down a baby's throat. I answered "Of course I wouldn't! Why would you suggest such a thing??" They then replied.... "So why do you think it's ok to pour it down yours??"

So often we forget about that child in all of us that we lost connection with...they are still there...frightened & alone, wondering why we abandoned them when they needed so desperately to be loved & nurtured.
                    That's where we need to start.
                    Go searching.... they are there....
                    but so often, we don't know where to look or if we would recognize them after all these years.

Behind a locked door, huddled in the far corner of the room, you will find them.
                    Take them into your arms & embrace them..... tell them how sorry you are for leaving... and that you will never abandon them again. As you look into that beautiful familiar face, you will see a glimmer of hope in their eyes...
                    and forgiveness in their heart.

Welcome back dear child of mine.
                    I have missed you.
                    Take my hand as we walk out of the dark
                    and into the light.
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

Comment

Contemplation

To Thy Own Self
                      Be True

How many times have we heard this saying... yet,
                      how often do we stop to think of it's real meaning & how it pertains to us?

Today I was writing to a friend... as I typed out those words, tears welled in my eyes.
                      It finally hit home... it internalized.... not only did I finally 'get it"...
                      I finally felt it.
                      AF 6 years
                      NF 7 years

Comment

FallenAngel;293755 wrote:
                        To Thy Own Self
                        Be True

How many times have we heard this saying... yet,
                        how often do we stop to think of it's real meaning & how it pertains to us?

Today I was writing to a friend... as I typed out those words, tears welled in my eyes.
                        It finally hit home... it internalized.... not only did I finally 'get it"...
                        I finally felt it.
                        I love your words of wisdom FA. Thank you for all that you share - both the fun and the serious!!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Yes your right. One step @ a time.......but if you take longer strides you'll get thier quicker ! LOL (Confucious says: read it in a fourtune cookie....ha!)

Comment

Tony;294092 wrote: Yes your right. One step @ a time.......but if you take longer strides
                            call me a masochist, but for the most part, I'm enjoying this leisurely stroll! LOL

Nice to meet you Tony & :welcome:
                            AF 6 years
                            NF 7 years

Comment

Doggygirl;294073 wrote: Thank you for all that you share - both the fun and the serious!!
                              Awww Doggygirl....thanks...you're the best! :huggy

I know that you're busy watching Wedgie of the Week & are too busy to come out & play.....
                              (Angel looking very bored).... have you seen ThornInYourSide I mean Doubter?? Maybe I can go throw some rocks at him until you get back.

AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

Comment

Hello

Doubter!
                                AF 6 years
                                NF 7 years

Comment

Working...
                                X