PDA

View Full Version : A Journey Of A Thousand Miles...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 01:45 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/MsPrint/footprints2.jpg

Begins With One Single Step

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Hello & welcome!

To all that enter here .... welcome.
Join me in the journey... the discovery... the magic of embracing life as a new person... one that is sober & full of gratitude for being given a 2nd chance for a whole new life.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/MsPrint/journey3.png

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Let me introduce myself

Although I am new to this site, I have been AF for 7 months. Recently I went looking for a place that I could find support, and also lend a helping hand with what I have learned so far in my quits.

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. By the time I reached my 1 year milestone, I had gone through a total transformation of the person I was only 12 short months previous. With my new knowledge & experience of winning the battle over one addiction, I felt ready to take on anther. Two days after my 1 yr smobriety milestone, I quit drinking.

And so began my journey to find the the person I lost so many years ago.With a strange combination of determintaion & fear, I set forth.... wondering who I would find.... would I like this person, and even more importantly.... would they be able to forgive me for all the years that I have abandoned them?

These past several months have taken me through a gamut of emotions... everything form "f**k it".... to "this is the BEST day of my life!" .. oh man, what a rollercoaster ride it's been.... lol ... and I know it's going to be a long time until it rolls to a stop & that I can get off, and stand on my own.... with both feet planted firmly on the ground.

I was fortunate to have a good online friend that helped me through the first couple of months...without their support, I don't think I could have made it through the first stages, let alone quit in the first place. Although they are no longer a part of my life, I will forever be grateful for their friendship & support.

Others that I have relied on for support have also faded into the distance, but what I have come to realize is that this is a natural cycle of life, and that we should be thankful for the time that we did share with these people & what they had to offer us at the time.

I would like to share a beautiful sentiment with you, unfortunately I do not know the author:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met , our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

KatieSmiles
March 15th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome Fallen

Congratulations on 7 months! Very well done!

K:)

AMELIA
March 15th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome Fallen.
I liked your posts and quote very much.
I am very much in that place (your first post). I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it. I have recently moved and managed to rid myself of much of the external stress that I felt.
I have managed to get myself to an environment that is relaxing and will enable me to live out my long held dreams (on the work front).
Alcohol is no longer an option for me if I want to realise my dreams.
Thank you for both your posts, they struck a chord with me.
Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your 7 months of sobriety. I can imagine that what your write is so true about being sober for an extended time.
I look forward to experiencing it for myself.
xx

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=KatieSmiles;291700]Welcome Fallen
QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the welcome & congrats Katie:)!
I may have fallen, but I did manage to get back on my feet again ;)

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hi Buddy!

tkeene;291733 wrote: I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

It's about time you got your butt over here!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/MsPrint/thWORKOUT.jpg

Ready for the ride of your life?? LOL

Doggygirl
March 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Fallen, what a great story you have to share. Congratulations on your 7 months of sobriety and 1.5 years + of smobriety. You are proof that this can be done!

Thank you also for sharing the story of friendships for a reason / season / lifetime. I haven't been reminded of that idea for a very, very long time. And yet I believe it is true, gives a good way of viewing the many, many people we meet in forums like this one. We will no doubt develop relationships of all three kinds - and all are important to our journeys.

I am only on AF Day 2 (well, technically I started Day 3 at 3PM CST! :)) But I hope I can join you in this thread because my goal is long term abstainance. I've had a couple of false starts beginning with a 60 day AF stretch from early July '07 - early Sept. '07. I was really starting to love my AF life and be happy in it. And then the Beast tricked me into thinking I could have just one drink. For those who are able to moderate - that's great. But this fall and the subsequent one showed me that I cannot EVER drink. I can't entertain those thoughts. After falling on a very happy day in September, it took me until Nov 1 to get back on the wagon. That's one heck of a too long fall. That AF stretch only lasted a week. Mr. Doggy and I got in a argument, and the Beast once again convinced me to use that as an excuse to not care if I drank. And there I was, drinking daily again until March 13 at 3PM when I poured it all out.

I have to fight this Beast with everything I've got. I'm sure I'm damaging my health, and I'm throwing away my life one day at a time. I've written quite a lot about this in "My New Story Starts Here" in the stories section. I'm already being somewhat repetitive but LOL no reason to go WAY over the top! Here I am, and I don't want to drink any more.

I too quit nicotine just over one year ago. I am SO glad to be rid of that demon. My desire for alcohol escalated after I quit smoking. But things were so bad between Mr. Doggy and me over my smoking that I was actually entertaining suicidal thoughts from time to time. (Mr. Doggy quit about 2 years before me, and understandably got really sick of the stench, my hacking cough, etc. etc.) It was difficult and the first couple of months were sheer hell. But it was SO worth it. I rarely think of smoking now. I can't wait to get over the hurdle where I don't think about drinking all the time either.

And yet I know the lifelong vigilance will be required with both of these additions. I never consider myself a non-smoker or non-drinker. I equate those terms to people who have never smoked, or people who never were problem drinkers. These people never have a reason to reach for a cigarette or with for a cocktail to handle a problem, or to celebrate the day, or to buy time to think, etc. They have other coping mechanisms and smoking / drinking don't occur to them.

As an ex-smoker and ex-drinker, I know that to some degree I will always need to be prepared for some level of thought - no matter how mile or strong - of using these addictions as coping mechanisms long into the future. While I would never presume to tell anyone else what terminology they should use, I am trying to re-program myself as an ex-smoker and ex-drinker so I never forget that danger will always be present for me in a way that is NOT the case for Never-Smokers / Never Problem Drinkers.

FA, I look forward to getting to know you better - one step at a time. Do you plan to come her and sort of check in each day? If so, I'll be happy to join you for a daily step if you'll have me.

Thanks for starting this!!

DG

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 06:14 PM
On A More Serious Note...

Aww shucks tkeene, you're making me :blush:
(doesn't mean you have to stop with the compliments though) tee hee

I think things work both ways...
you were the one that extended your hand out to welcome me when I first got here ...and in a very short time we have become friends as well ..... I thank you for your kindness & generousity :)

We are all on the same journey, the only difference is that we join in on the path at different times... following in the footsteps of those before us.
Thank you for joining me on this incredible journey.

OOOO... I just discovered the [More] button! :omg ..do you know what this means???? The MONSTER has been unleashed!! :teeter:

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Welcome my friend!

Doggygirl;291798 wrote: ....until March 13 at 3PM when I poured it all out.

Yes... that was the first post I saw of yours... and I was so elated about you doing that!!
As I already told you, I made the same gesture by pouring 5 gallons of wine down the drain (to the horror of all our drinking friends that cried "why didn't you phone me?? I would have taken it!!). What we did is very symbolic... although a very simple gesture, it's a physical, visual act that we have now attached to the beginning of our sobriety. Even after 7 months, I still look back at that moment which is etched in my mind, and it's like that is the very moment that I no longer let alcohol control my life. Kudos for taking a picture of that DG! ......make copies...keep one in your wallet, one on the mirror that you look at first thing in the morning... and wherever else a quick inspiration is needed. :)

I read your "My New Story Starts Here"... and I could see that we have many things in common.... so much of what you wrote holds true for me also. Like you, I know that I can never have even a puff on a cigarette again.... that would surely turn me back into a full-fledged smoker in no time flat. And that's what I have come to the realization with drinking too... I can't have just one. I would love to moderate my drinking & only have one now & then... but time after time, I have found that this does not work for me. So for as hard as it was to decide to quit for good & never have another drink, I knew it was the only way that I could break free from my addiction.

As far as this thread goes,
I would like to think of it as our "homebase"... a place to hang our hat, a place where we can always find our friends for fun & support. I really like your idea of the daily "step"...that would be a great way for everyone involved to move forward each day in their journey... I like that alot! :)

You know, I should have thought of a better name before I signed up here! LOL ..... not sure if I'm liking being called "fallen" all the time! :catroll:
Maybe we could abbreviate it...let's see.... ummmmm... F'nAngel.....uhhhh no .....how about F**nAngel...no..... that don't work very well either........ Uggghhh! I give up! :surrender: Any ideas??

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
AMELIA;291735 wrote: I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it. I have recently moved and managed to rid myself of much of the external stress that I felt.
I have managed to get myself to an environment that is relaxing and will enable me to live out my long held dreams (on the work front).

Hello Amelia, so nice to meet you!
From what you wrote, you have apparently made some very big changes in your life... good for you!
Taking alcohol out of the equation will make you appreciate life so much more, I know for me, in these past few months I have noticed how much better I am at coping with stress & life in general.
I don't know how long you have been quit, but give it time... you will find little by little, that the days start getting easier & you feel more comfortable in your skin. Of course we will always have bad days.... but at least now they seem more manageable & further apart.

May all your dreams come true Amelia!

Doggygirl
March 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Hi Amelia and tkeene!! t - I'm really excited to pick up where we left off - it's so good to be back. And ditto that Amelia - if you have a gallery or something I'd love to see it too. I can't paint one bare wall beige myself. I KNOW I have talents!! I just haven't found them yet!!

Hey FA - How about Frickin'AwesomeAngel?? Hey - if FindingMyFeet can become FindingMySelf then you can become a different type of Angel too.

OK - I'm off to pick out a movie to watch and just relax. And hopefully get more sleep than last night. But if not, I'm ready to just deal with it. My Valerian Root awaits me.

DG

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
What about MsB.Havin??

Doggygirl;291878 wrote: Hey FA - How about Frickin'AwesomeAngel?? Hey - if FindingMyFeet can become FindingMySelf then you can become a different type of Angel too.
If there's an echo in the room, am I now FA FA???

and... if FindingMyFeet can become FindingMySelf..... does that mean my new name should be FallenAndCan'tGetUp?? :confused:

FallenAngel
March 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I thought you were my friend ;)

tkeene;291931 wrote: Well can you??? FA, FACGU?? who the hec are you anyway?? Why did you pick fallen angel anyho??? Inquiring minds NEED to know...t. (hugs gf..u da bestist :-)_LMFAO!.....
I don't know!!! LOL

Let's see.... it could be something really deep like "I'm an angel that has come down from above to show the way".... :yeahright: Oh, I know!... how about I got kicked out of heaven's gate for being really :devil: (more likely *snicker*)....
ffs.... I don't frickin know..... there I was one morning... :ranger trying to come up with an ID so I could join you guys.....now look where's it's gotten me..... maybe I should go out in the garden & eat worms *sniffle* :anon:

doubter
March 16th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Hello Everyone

Saying hello to all the friends here...
Just gone through all the posts by Angel ( ya, the 'Fallen' truly sucks) and all u outers, I solemnly beseech you to read all his posts once again carefully to find out who he is ( as some of us are curious to find out)....
Then, you will agree with my realisation that..
..He is an author-genius-incognito who wants to use this forum to further his quest for the Man Booker / Pulitzer and all the other million literary prizes that are up for grabs, in the process converting this forum for poor alcohol-afflicted souls like us to a literature/art appreciation course. If Angel continues lurking here for some more time, RJ probably will have to call it quits and start another website as MWO might become a haunt for the literary types....lol..
Warm welcome, Angel. Your posts are simply awesome.
Doubter

Doggygirl
March 16th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Happy Sunday current and future long term abbers!!!

Welcome doubter!! I too was :confused: reading your post until the very end! You got me!! Hey - I could use a little culture too and I bet you could find about 3856395 folks who would agree with that!

How is everyone today? I'm feeling really good today. I've already gotten a head start on laundry and some other stuff, done some thread hopping here, made a nice breakfast for me and Mr. Doggy, made my menu plan for the week and now I'm getting ready to go shopping!

Whenever I whine about craving booze, would you all please remind me how good it feels to NOT be hungover (how would daily drinkers like me every know the difference..)? Kick my butt and tell me to go take a GABA and cut the crap.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Your Future Long Term Abber,
DG

FallenAngel
March 16th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Pffftt... who's name sucks more??

doubter;292067 wrote:
Just gone through all the posts by Angel ( ya, the 'Fallen' truly sucks) and all u outers, I solemnly beseech you to read all his posts once again carefully to find out who he is ( as some of us are curious to find out)....
Doubter

The scene opens as Angel sips contently on her morning java

:ranger

"Hmmmm.... looks like I have a new message posted to me" she mused to herself
as she logged into MWO...... "What the .......????" :wow:

So let me get this straight Doubter (or whoever you are)... apparently not only does my ID name suck, but now there's issues on my gender??? :bat

You know, your ID isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either...
tell you what, maybe we BOTH should look for something more befitting of our personalities.... I was thinking ScreaminBanshee might be suitable for me. As for you my friend, I've been giving this alot of thought...let's see..... SmartArse is good, but probably already taken... FavouritePasttimePokingAngryBearWithStick..... suits you quite nicely, but I think your PC connection might time out before you get logged in...... HowAmIeverGoingToLiveThis OneDown is a good one too, but refer back to FavouritePasttimePokingAngryBearWithStick for possible complications.
See... this is my point... coming up with an appropriate name isn't as easy as one would think.
You know what I'm thinking??
I think we should run a contest & have the members of MWO decide on our handles.... since we both suck at choosing our own!! LOL

;)

Btw.... was it my reference to "going out to the garden to eat worms" that gave away my literary skills.... oar mi goud speling?

FallenAngel
March 16th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I was hoping someone would come to my rescue ;)

tkeene;292085 wrote: Wow doubter...when I first started reading your post, I was all shocked reading your thoughts on my dear sweet Fallen Angel! I thought you were so wrong about HER (BTW he is a SHE) being a part of this forum in any manner except to share her journey with us.
Sheesh... I don't know why it is, but it seems everywhere I go there's someone waiting to poke me with a stick....
it certainly can't be any of my doing....
by chance do I have a "kick me" sign stuck to my backside??
(Or maybe mine says: now that I'mFallenAndCan'tGetUp, you might as well kick me too) lol

Good Morning to you tkeene!
From reading the posts this morning, it looks like we're all in good spirits & are going to have a great AF day!!
I'm really looking forward to forming a support group where we are accountable to one another & reaffirm our sobriety committment each day.
I'm going to post a thought for the day in awhile, I think it would be great if we came up with something on a daily (or semi-daily) basis to ponder & reflect on. It might take awhile, but I'm confident that we come up with ideas as a group of what we need & what works to keep us on track.

Btw... did I mention I love the icons here?? tee hee
This is so cool.... instead of typing my fingers to the bone, I can just point-&-click to tell you about the worst hair salon experience I ever had:
:pull :onfire: :boohoo: :anon:

FallenAngel
March 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Doggygirl;292140 wrote:
Whenever I whine about craving booze, would you all please remind me how good it feels to NOT be hungover (how would daily drinkers like me every know the difference..)? Kick my butt and tell me to go take a GABA and cut the crap.
Good afternoon to ya DG!
Your wish is my command! And for about 9 months out of the year, I can deliver a swift kick to the butt with a frozen boot.... how's that?? lol

Wow! I'm impressed about you getting the week's meals planned... I always mean to do that, but it ends up the meals get made by "what's in the fridge". *sigh*

I love how upbeat you & tkeene sound today...you ladies ROCK!
I'm not sure how the weekends rate on a difficulty level for the two of you, for me it has always been tougher than the workweek... so when I eased through a weekend, it was a great way to start off on a Monday..... and NO HANGOVER! :thumbsup

Thankful
March 16th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Fallen ~ Huge congrats on 7 months! WOW!!

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate a sense of humor like yours. You are a breath of fresh air!!

Keep it up girl!!

Love, Me
:l

FallenAngel
March 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
A Plea from the Screen Name Challenged

I know that I am new here, and have no right to ask favors yet....
but could you kind-wonderful-good looking-wow did you lose weight, not that you needed to-intelligent people find it in your hearts to add a mere 5 keystrokes when typing my temporary lame ID name? We have a contest started, and hopefully me & Doubter (that's lamer than mine!!) will get suitable names that won't scar us for life like the ones we have now.
TIA
FallenAngel
btw... did I mention it looks like you lost weight?

Thankful;292300 wrote: Fallen ~ Huge congrats on 7 months! WOW!!

Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate a sense of humor like yours.
Hello Thankful (what a beautiful name.... that was my first choice, but I see you already stole it) and thank you so much for the congrats!
I'm nearing my 8th month milestone I'll have you know... can we have a party or something??
Nothing fancy of course.... but you should know that I do prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate (hate for you to have to make a 2nd trip).... male strippers, well... that's just a given when it comes to parties.... theme parties are always fun, but I guess black tie would do in a pinch..... can we have those little paper umbrellas in our drinks too?? Nothing more festive than a orchid blossom print umbrella floating in 37 degree freshly squeezed organic orange juice, slice of mango, 5 glacier ice cubes in a slender crystal glass. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes.
Btw, what band are you planning to book??

Seriously, thank you so much for your kind words. :huggy
Having fun & laughing at myself has always been an important part of my recovery (as well as a few primal screams). Although we need to spend time in self-examination of why we have addictions & what we must do to overcome them, we must remember that the process doesn't need to be doom & gloom... it can be as fun & rewarding as we want to make it. :)
Sometimes, our success lies in taking our focus away from what we are battling, and enjoying the benefits of why we are doing it.

I don't suffer from insanity....
:teeter:
I enjoy every minute of it!

FallenAngel
March 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Any smarty pants out there? I need answers!!

I've got questions...lots of them... but I'll start off simple:

1. What is that pencil/crayon thingy under member's name mean??

2. Why do I have to log back in everytime I go to post a message?
(should I be taking this personally???)

3. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me the meaning of Life, the Universe &
Everything?

TIA
FallenAngel

Thankful
March 16th, 2008, 08:46 PM
LMAO!! You crack me up!

Quote from FallenAngel

.... male strippers, well... that's just a given when it comes to parties.... theme parties are always fun, but I guess black tie would do in a pinch..... can we have those little paper umbrellas in our drinks too?? Nothing more festive than a orchid blossom print umbrella floating in 37 degree freshly squeezed organic orange juice, slice of mango, 5 glacier ice cubes in a slender crystal glass. I'm a simple girl with simple tastes.

Well, if this is your type of party, you need to check out the "Pool Party" thread!
Caution: It's not for sensitive eyes and be sure the little kiddies are not looking over your shoulder!

Love, Me
:l

Doggygirl
March 16th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hey FallenANGEL - tell me you think I've lost weight even though my ass has been nominated for statehood it's so big, and you get what you wish for!!

I don't see a pencil looking thingy under anyone's name. Maybe I should be paranoid!!!

You shouldn't have to re-log in every time you go to post. There is a sticky at the top of a thread somewhere - maybe the main Intro section?? where you can report proplems with the forum. I think it's time to call for support! (and if there is a doG, then maybe support will be provided by a hot looking man wearing nothing but a bow tie...)

LOL - I had extra motivation to get my meals planned and shopping done. I'm a huge figure staking fan, and the world championships are this week. THE SEQUINS!! THE RHINESTONES!! THE TIARAS!! THE WEDGIES!!! And that's just the MEN'S division!! Only a small amount is telvised in the US, but usually one can find illegal internet feeds to watch the whole thing. There is a figure skating discussion board that is positively wild that makes it almost better than being there live. SO...I'm clearing as many of my responsibilities for the week TODAY if I can. ;)

FallenANGEL, you are my kinda party girl!

Waving hi to Thankyou!!!

Well - nighty night all - I'm off for a movie and hopefully some SLEEP!

DG
Day 4 started at 3PM :) ****

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Doggygirl;292453 wrote: I'm a huge figure staking fan, and the world championships are this week. THE SEQUINS!! THE RHINESTONES!! THE TIARAS!! THE WEDGIES!!! And that's just the MEN'S division!! ****
ROFLMAO!!!!

I have an idea!
Why don't we dedicate this week to your weird fetish....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa304/usafs2007/figureskate.jpg

...and next week it's my turn!

doubter
March 17th, 2008, 01:48 AM
waving the white flag

:peace:
Hi Angel,tkeene, Doggygirl and all other sufferers of my obnoxious posts!
Just logged in to find my previous post being hauled over the coals- roasted, fried, smoked and charred.. Just deserts for having a wierd sense of humour and even worse posting skills!!
tkeene & Doggygirl, to not let my error degenerate into an ever embarassing mistake, I hereby clarify that I have found Angel's posts truly endearing and enlightening and was in awe of HER posting skills and hence made my earlier post in true admiration... and wanted to welcome her into this joint journey of de-addiction and self-rejeneration...sad if the post finally appeared otherwise...And the accolade was probably mistaken for a poking stick.:upset:
I think the comment 'the 'fallen' truly sucks ' got everybody's goat. I was only commenting on her screenID. I meant that for a person who comes across so refreshingly wise , the 'fallen' part of her screenID was not apt. (RedeemedAngel sounds more appropriate). I sincerely apologize that I could not convey my thought correctly.
Also, my al-addled brain couldn't discern that such perspicacious posts can only come from the gender feminine.
Angel, I was definitely not smartalecking. Not being a native english speaker, I know that my posts more often than not, come across as too heavy & turgid..... I write the way I learnt writing in my high school English classes. I read English more often than I speak & it tells in my posts.
Anyway, friends I'm here in my quest for sobriety and self-redemption. I found the posts in this site heartwarming and educative and the people here to be delightfully understanding. Lets all continue helping each other in our spiritual growth.( That is assuming I'll not be thrown out of the site for alleged transgressions..)
tkeene, about my allergy-inducing screenname. When I first logged in , I had a nagging doubt whether I should term myself an alcoholic or alcohol-dependent or whatelse. So it came naturally. Also, by nature, I'm generally afflicted with the to-do-or-not-to-do syndrome in all my actions. So I thought the ID was apt... In fact I'm seriously contemplating changing my name to Or-if.
Closing thoughts.... how does the ID Instigatorofstormsinteacups sound?
Doubter
(Again started smoking....the peacepipe!:))

Doggygirl
March 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Hey doubter! I love your posts! Don't be such a doubter about yourself!! ;)

And in my ever not so humble opinion, there is nothing wrong with a good "poke" once in awhile either.

Let's see. New names for our dear FallenANGEL. How about Wings? Or maybe keep the FA name, but kidnap Wonder's former angel for your avatar? (I said he disappeared, but I was lying like a rug. I still have him, and could send him your way!)

Anyway, today has gotten off to a good start. Mr. Doggy is having a meeting right now with a client here at our house. So I was up early cleaning up dog hair and wiping off the counters, etc. etc. This dude is a high priced downtown Chicago lawyer, so I had to tiff things up a bit around here. He pulled up in his Mercedes at 9AM sharp! ;) I'm glad we don't have client meeting here very often!

Here's the good news. In the old days, I would have been stressing by now (it's 9:49AM) hoping this guy will be outa here soon so I could start sneaking drinks. Pathetic, I know. Not so today!! If anything, I'm anxious for them to finish so I can go make a spinach and feta cheese omlette - one of my breakfast faves!!! Now THAT is progress.

Happy wearin' o' the green!

DG
Day 4 AF ****

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM
doubter;292518 wrote:
Hi Angel,tkeene, Doggygirl and all other sufferers of my obnoxious posts!
Just logged in to find my previous post being hauled over the coals- roasted, fried, smoked and charred..
ROFLMAO!!!
oh you're good..really good! LOL I can see we're going to get along just fine!!
Not that we're going to let you off the hook so easily though... get over here & take your 50 lashes with a wet noodle Mr Instigatorofstormsinteacups :b&d:

You weren't smartalecking??? Rats. And here I thought I found someone that could keep me on my toes *sigh*

Well Doubter, if that's the way you want to be.... we can't stop you from leaving our humble little haunt. Geez, I even had picked out a nice room for you down on the west wing & started getting it ready for you too. And the girls... oh dear, I'm going to have to break this to the girls about you no longer wanting to be part of our group. I'm sure the news is going to break their sweet fragile little hearts.... they've been working day & night arranging a welcome party for you.... woe is me, the one that must deliver such crushing news such as this. *sniffle*

(Angel sadly hangs her head & slowly...
slowly shuffles away into the dark cold unknown regions of forumland).

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/MsPrint/thalone.jpg

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 12:14 PM
tkeene;292728 wrote: OK...I can see my simple little mind is going to have trouble keeping up with FA and doubter. Did he say he was leaving in his last post?

So FA...any thoughts on a new name?? t.
No, Doubter didn't leave.... as I recall, I gave him a severe lashing & told him to go to his room... and not to come out until he has written an eloquent post, gushing with praises of what wonderful souls the 3 of us are! *nudge nudge wink wink*

As far as changing my lame name

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
A Simple Realization

Very early on in my quit, I came to the conclusion that more than anything, I am a Liquidholic .... I always like having something to sip on when I'm relaxing. A glass of wine or a beer was always a mindless thing to reach for.
Now I make up a pot of tea, or throw a teabag into a pitcher of cold water, and have that sitting by me when I'm at the PC or relaxing. It really has taken away the craving for a drink at those times of my day.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k110/Princessladybug74/pinups/untitled25.jpg
Another FallenAngel

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Doggygirl;292453 wrote:
I don't see a pencil looking thingy under anyone's name. Maybe I should be paranoid!!!

Aaaaggghhhhh! I'm looking at your post & you got one of those pencil looking thingys under YOUR name!!! Am I the only one seeing these things?? I've heard of seeing spots...and stars... but never pencil thingys. :help!

Cinders
March 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
FallenAngel;292418 wrote: I've got questions...lots of them... but I'll start off simple:

1. What is that pencil/crayon thingy under member's name mean??

2. Why do I have to log back in everytime I go to post a message?
(should I be taking this personally???)

3. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me the meaning of Life, the Universe &
Everything?

TIA
FallenAngel
1. You are a sbuscriber.

2. You did not check "remember me" when you log in.

3. 42 -- and I hope you have a towel...

Love,
Cindi

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 03:46 PM
cindi;292912 wrote:
3. 42 -- and I hope you have a towel...

Not only do I have a towel, I have the Trilogy in Five Parts!
On DH's 42nd birthday, I wrapped his present in a towel! LOL

Thank you so much for the other answers as well...life got a whole lot easier..
now, if I could just figure out how to use my digital watch & climb down from this tree...

Doggygirl
March 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hi Cindi!! I hope you are going to journey with us here. I'm a Long Term Abber In Training!

OK - I grew up in the country, alright?? What's the 42 and towel connection????

Oh and FA - I will send you much chocolate, or the sinful food of your choice if you will provide me a web link to that fruit of the loom billboard!!!!!!

I GOTTA go make dinner now. It's been an awesome AF day, and you guys are all the BEST!!

Luv,
the DAWG!
I'm on Day 5 AF as of 3PM - 3.5 hours ago!!

FallenAngel
March 17th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Don't Panic

Doggygirl;293133 wrote: OK - I grew up in the country, alright?? What's the 42 and towel connection????

42 is the ultimate answer to the ulimate question... and a towel? Well, a towel is about the most massively useful thing an intersteller hitch hiker can have.[unquote]

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
by Douglas Adams

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/elcisitiak/itmustbethursday.png

doubter
March 18th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Chastened Instigator

Hi Doggygirl, tkeene, Angel, Cindi and all friends on this thread,
Logging in, my instinct says that I should again continue in the vein that I was in in my previous post, but prudence shouts loudly in my ear that I should not distract others from the primary purpose of the Forum.
Doggygirl , thanks for having the heart to like my posts and tkeene, I solemnly assure you from now on, I'll move heaven & earth to infuse my posts with less form & more content. ( 'try' is the operative thought here- not ' succeed').
Today, is my 18th day alcohol-free. More importantly, yesterday night, I visited the Bar in my Club first time after the brawl, sat with a few boozing friends for an hour, but was only sipping soda.
This gives me courage to stay al-free for the rest of the month. It's as if I've crossed a major threshold.
Also for the past one week, I've been regularly practising Yoga, Pranayama ( breathing exercises ) & meditation for an hour everyday and this seems to have helped in curbing thoughts of booze. I would like all of you to post your favorite & effective coping strategies to stay alcohol-free.
Set the ball rolling, Angel..Of course, I had to visit the Bar solely to recuperate from yesterday's heartless lashings..
Have fun everyone
D
:)

larissa
March 18th, 2008, 10:23 AM
how do you curb thots of booze when you're a loser parent who wishes they hadn't had kids...and have no time/freedom to do yoga/pranayama????

doubter
March 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Hi Larissa

Hi Larissa,
Yoga/ pranayama sound to be big concepts, but they really are quite simple. A number of good sites are available to learn these for free.
We need to find as little as half-an-hour of time from our daily routine.
Also, the point about doing any physical / spiritual exercise is to feel positive, so that negative thoughts don't immobilize us.
All the best Larissa
D

FallenAngel
March 18th, 2008, 01:03 PM
doubter;293464 wrote: I solemnly assure you from now on, I'll move heaven & earth to infuse my posts with less form & more content. .........

( I would like all of you to post your favorite & effective coping strategies to stay alcohol-free.
Set the ball rolling, Angel..Of course, I had to visit the Bar solely to recuperate from yesterday's heartless lashings..

First of all my Doubting friend, DON'T YOU DARE change your postings...otherwise, I'm so OUTTA HERE!! LOL

Ok,.... I'll start the ball rolling on strategies that I have used over the past months to stay sober.
I think one of the most important issues for me, is that I don't become a "dry drunk"... a drinker that doesn't drink, but still wants to. This is where so much of the emotional work comes in. We must start trying to look at ourselves with total honesty... and search for the real reasons why we drink, even though we keep telling ourselves that we don't want to.
Someone once asked me if I would pour alcohol down a baby's throat. I answered "Of course I wouldn't! Why would you suggest such a thing??" They then replied.... "So why do you think it's ok to pour it down yours??"

So often we forget about that child in all of us that we lost connection with...they are still there...frightened & alone, wondering why we abandoned them when they needed so desperately to be loved & nurtured.
That's where we need to start.
Go searching.... they are there....
but so often, we don't know where to look or if we would recognize them after all these years.

Behind a locked door, huddled in the far corner of the room, you will find them.
Take them into your arms & embrace them..... tell them how sorry you are for leaving... and that you will never abandon them again. As you look into that beautiful familiar face, you will see a glimmer of hope in their eyes...
and forgiveness in their heart.

Welcome back dear child of mine.
I have missed you.
Take my hand as we walk out of the dark
and into the light.

FallenAngel
March 18th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Contemplation

To Thy Own Self
Be True

How many times have we heard this saying... yet,
how often do we stop to think of it's real meaning & how it pertains to us?

Today I was writing to a friend... as I typed out those words, tears welled in my eyes.
It finally hit home... it internalized.... not only did I finally 'get it"...
I finally felt it.

Doggygirl
March 19th, 2008, 05:36 AM
FallenAngel;293755 wrote:
To Thy Own Self
Be True

How many times have we heard this saying... yet,
how often do we stop to think of it's real meaning & how it pertains to us?

Today I was writing to a friend... as I typed out those words, tears welled in my eyes.
It finally hit home... it internalized.... not only did I finally 'get it"...
I finally felt it.

I love your words of wisdom FA. Thank you for all that you share - both the fun and the serious!!

DG

Tony
March 19th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Yes your right. One step @ a time.......but if you take longer strides you'll get thier quicker ! LOL:) (Confucious says: read it in a fourtune cookie....ha!)

FallenAngel
March 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Tony;294092 wrote: Yes your right. One step @ a time.......but if you take longer strides call me a masochist, but for the most part, I'm enjoying this leisurely stroll! LOL

Nice to meet you Tony & :welcome:

FallenAngel
March 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Doggygirl;294073 wrote: Thank you for all that you share - both the fun and the serious!!
Awww Doggygirl....thanks...you're the best! :huggy

I know that you're busy watching Wedgie of the Week & are too busy to come out & play.....
(Angel looking very bored).... have you seen ThornInYourSide I mean Doubter?? Maybe I can go throw some rocks at him until you get back.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/thorn.jpg

FallenAngel
March 19th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hello
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/thstickingouttoungue.gif
Doubter!

doubter
March 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Alive & furiously kicking

Angel!
LMAO!!!!
How in the world can any mere mortal in this dreary world be so creative??
Angel surely must be one of those aliens even Arthur C.Clarke( R.I.P.!) & Issac Asimov failed to divine.
Also Angel, don't resort to unfair tactics in your quest to score brownie points. I was busy practising my skills of repartee trying to soak up all humour wisdom buried in the vaults of previous threads/ discussions.(And of course shamelessly plagiarising those without IPR concerns thereafter...)...Close your eyes...Recollect Rocky Balboa running up the steps of Philadelphia Art Museum or Mental Asylum or whatever...and then entering the ring to emerge victorious... That was how I was aiming to feel after my research exertions. And you in your impatience and probably with a lurking fear that I'm putting the intervening period to good use to sharpen knives and recharge ammunition, have put paid to my vision.
Also, howmuchever I wish to appear all-knowing, sage and wise in my posts, you are succeeding in drawing the child out of me..... Keep drawing him away...
Ya, for the record and to stay however obliquely relevant to the site ( and expecting that this line ensures that I don't get thrown out) , 20th day alcoholfree..
..tkeene..sorry for not succeeding in my earlier intention....
..Doggygirl..this post is actually an endurance test for your liking...
Doubter - Founder Member of the Official Angel Fan Club
P.S.: Probably being ensnared into the clutches of a new addiction.....MWO!!!
RJ! Next business idea..... de-addiction site for MWO addicts.... First subscribers, Angel & D.

LVT25
March 20th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Fallen,
Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread. I'm late for work, but when I get home I look forward to reading all the posts! I'm not an abstainer (except from cigarettes) is that ok?:thanks:

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Not only do we rock, we know how to fling them too

doubter;294629 wrote:
don't resort to unfair tactics in your quest to score brownie points.:blah:

*Angel tosses limited edition 2001: A Space Odyssey over a cliff & watches Doubter bound after*

"There...that should take care of him for awhile" she smirked with an evil grin... "Now where was I??
Oh yeah.... as I was saying ladies....it's all about practice & honing our skills. I have searched far & wide, and have finally come up with highly effective & motivating training course for all of us here. You know, it's very important that we stay sharp & on guard at all times."

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boys%20are%20stupid/boys_are_stupid.jpg
Click Here (http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/index.php?mode=DLG)
(select pink arcade game... speakers on)

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
vettech25;294795 wrote: Hi Fallen,
Thank you so much for inviting me to this thread....
I'm not an abstainer (except from cigarettes) is that ok?
Welcome Mimi! So glad you found your way over here!!:)
(Oh...just for the record, I don't mind being called by my last name....we're very informal around here, except for Mr D LameName that seems to have a permanently wedged stick up his.... oh never mind) lol

Of course it's alright that you're here..... you never know, I just might turn you into a convert ;)
Although there are people here that are not long termers (yet), or are in the stages of moderating... this is a place where I can practice the tools that have kept me sober for this many months, which include humor, reflection & friendship.
That being said, I'm sure as I type this, RJ has been busily setting up a new category & in the process of transferring this thread.... rumor has it, that we will now be located under "Useless". :H

Doggygirl
March 20th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Just popping in to say Hi to everyone! I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over. Just wanted you to know FA that I still plan to continue as a Long Term Abster In Training.

Have a fabulous AF Day everyone!

DG

Jaded
March 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
AMELIA;291735 wrote: Welcome Fallen.
I liked your posts and quote very much.
I am very much in that place (your first post). I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it. I have recently moved and managed to rid myself of much of the external stress that I felt.
Thank you for both your posts, they struck a chord with me.
Thank you for reaching out and congratulations on your 7 months of sobriety. I can imagine that what your write is so true about being sober for an extended time.
I look forward to experiencing it for myself.
xx
Amelia,
I feel the same as you..It's like Al stole my ambition in life...I feel like I'm only a small bit of the person I use to be.

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Doggygirl;294871 wrote: Just popping in to say Hi to everyone! I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over.
And a good day to you my friend! So glad to hear you're enjoying yourself... that's what it's all about! We'll be here..... anxiously awaiting your return :)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d93/simpleplan41192/iceskatingmyantidrug.jpg

Jaded
March 20th, 2008, 03:16 PM
FallenAngel;293641 wrote: First of all my Doubting friend, DON'T YOU DARE change your postings...otherwise, I'm so OUTTA HERE!! LOL

Ok,.... I'll start the ball rolling on strategies that I have used over the past months to stay sober.
I think one of the most important issues for me, is that I don't become a "dry drunk"... a drinker that doesn't drink, but still wants to. This is where so much of the emotional work comes in. We must start trying to look at ourselves with total honesty... and search for the real reasons why we drink, even though we keep telling ourselves that we don't want to.
Someone once asked me if I would pour alcohol down a baby's throat. I answered "Of course I wouldn't! Why would you suggest such a thing??" They then replied.... "So why do you think it's ok to pour it down yours??"

So often we forget about that child in all of us that we lost connection with...they are still there...frightened & alone, wondering why we abandoned them when they needed so desperately to be loved & nurtured.
That's where we need to start.
Go searching.... they are there....
but so often, we don't know where to look or if we would recognize them after all these years.

Behind a locked door, huddled in the far corner of the room, you will find them.
Take them into your arms & embrace them..... tell them how sorry you are for leaving... and that you will never abandon them again. As you look into that beautiful familiar face, you will see a glimmer of hope in their eyes...
and forgiveness in their heart.

Welcome back dear child of mine.
I have missed you.
Take my hand as we walk out of the dark
and into the light.

OMG FA !!! That is so good....that is what my psych said. Are you a psycho?? I mean psychologiest?

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMELIA
I am very much in that place (your first post). I have been drinking excessively for 17 years and I am sick of everything about it.

Jaded;294877 wrote: Amelia,
I feel the same as you..It's like Al stole my ambition in life...I feel like I'm only a small bit of the person I use to be.
Yes, I know what you mean... with AL in our lives on a constant basis, it really did sap the life energy out of us, leaving us tired (with life & everything) that having another glass seemed like the only thing that interested us...
and for yet another day, it controlled our lives .

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Jaded;294987 wrote: Are you a psycho??

I have been called that on occasion.... among other things! LMAO
:teeter:

LVT25
March 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
OK, yeah, I've spent the last 45 minutes reading this thread and LMAO!! First, my aplogies for using your last name only--Ms. Angel. That's my vote. Ms. Angel. :wings:
I too was thrilled to find the "More" button, I'm glad to see you using it to the fullest! Also TG for Cindi to explain some things.....Esp when Doggygirl had the little pencil thingy and didn't know it!:H
I will definately keep coming back here, I love a good laugh. And I agree with the suggestion for a site for people addicted to MWO--I spend way too much time here!!
Hey, thanks again Ms. for inviting me here, it means alot.

:hallo::hallo:

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Doggygirl;294871 wrote: I'm going to have LOTS of cathing up to do once the Figure Skating event is over.
cath'e-ter n. tube put in the bladder to remove urine.

Wow DG.... I had no idea how seriously you take this Figure Skating... I thought for sure bathroom breaks were allowed. I am in awe of your commitment. :bow

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/snow_foozie/un-fan.jpg

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 10:26 PM
vettech25;295008 wrote: That's my vote. Ms. Angel.
OMG OMG OMG!!! >>> you are so right Mimi!!
I don't know WHAT happened.....I guess I must have skimmed over the part too fast about choosing username and thought they were asking after boozing, what's usually to blame...
I get it now...they wanted my name....well no biggy, and I can be all formal & uppity like Mr D LameAssName too and use my full handle: MsGuidedAngel.

Thank you so much!! :h Between you & Cindi, I'm really getting up to speed around here!:racer:

FallenAngel
March 20th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Truce

Hey Doubter...C'mere... :no:
don't worry.... I ain't gonna hurt ya..... see??? No weapons! :peace:
Doubter... dammit...get over here!
:sulk:

Alright... keep a buffer zone between us... sheesh...
all I wanted to do was be the first one to congratulate you on 3 weeks! :clapclap:

doubter
March 21st, 2008, 06:37 AM
:angel:A simple thanks for everything, Angel.:thanks:

.. And rest assured, this crazy old coot will not touch another drink in March come hell or high weather..

And me scared?!!!:boxer:

Think Doubter & think... Rocky....John Rambo.. ( minus those unintelligible grunts..'Hey maan, do you know my Mom used to hit me black & blue when I was a kid cuz she couldn't make any head or tail out of my neanderthalian blabbering and that's why I ended up all harebrained, ketchup-slathered and greasepainted all over my sculpted body pretending to be so macho in my movies..and so vacant in my upperstory...')

Think Doubter & think....the Terminator... all those bulging biceps and outrageously outsized guns minus the vacuous stare ...

It's not only all prim & uppity here... :no:
... Got the picture, Angel....

Hasta lavista, baby
D
P.S : MsGuidedAngel??...goodone but ponder over... MisdirectedVerbalVolleyist?...

And a very warm welcome to you Mimi!!... this place is uplifting!....Let's have fun together...& some learning too..

LVT25
March 21st, 2008, 11:07 AM
Quote for the day:

"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water." --WC Fields

Have a great day everyone!!

FallenAngel
March 21st, 2008, 03:59 PM
The Dawn of a New Day

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/north-pole-sun-moon.jpg

And so it was
That I came to travel
Upon the road
That was thorned and narrow
Another place
Another grace
Would save me...

FallenAngel
March 21st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Care to join me for lunch?

doubter;295237 wrote:

And me scared?!!!:boxer:
Think Doubter & think... Rocky....
Think Doubter & think....the Terminator...

Got the picture, Angel....
Hasta lavista, baby

P.S : MsGuidedAngel??...good one but ponder over... MisdirectedVerbalVolleyist?...

"Do I get the picture?? Oh yeah, I get the picture all right>>>> I see you running away very, VERY fast when you see the fury of Angels' wrath aimed in your direction!:H
Which reminds me... did you notice that huge crate sitting out back??.....Just arrived today:happy:
You can have your wussy guns.... Me??...I'm going high tech!"

*Angel looking up at teetering boulder overhead...bringing her gaze straight down & making final adjustment to table setting*

"And as far as names go Bucko.... what do you mean by "MisDirected"?? Just because calling me Baby might cause momentary weakness, it certainly isn't enough to save your sorry ass.
Now come out from behind that :sofa: ...I've made you a nice lunch".

FallenAngel
March 21st, 2008, 05:34 PM
vettech25;295351 wrote:
"Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water." --WC Fields
Nothing but food and water... oh, the humanity! LOL
Hi Mimi! So good to see you... hope you're having a great smoke-free, AL-free day!:)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/Tayx17wazhere/toast.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrF_K1w2haE&mode=related&search=[/video]]Click here

FallenAngel
March 24th, 2008, 11:38 AM
A good Monday to you all!

Hope everyone had a great long weekend! I know that DoggyGirl still has spandex wedgies dancing in her head! LOL

Today marks 20 months for me being smoke-free! This was the beginning for me of turning my life around. There are some people that quit smoking, and that is all there is to it.... they quit smoking. And then there are others who, for different reasons, have this turn into a life-altering experience.
I was one of them.

I had previously quit smoking for about 2-3 years. I thought I had my addiction beat, but I was so wrong. My mind started wandering to thoughts of having a cigarette again...."just one" I thought to myself.... how could that hurt? I talked myself into thinking that this would prove how much I hate those things, and these whispers that were taunting me, would cease. I could not have been more wrong.
I bought a pack with the intention of smoking a few.... that one pack led to smoking another 8 years... but this time it was worse. Because I was so ashamed of smoking again & the disappointment that those close to me would surely feel.... I hid my addiction... I hid it for 8 long self-degrading years.
Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I think it came to me one day as I was figuring out how long my little smoking stint had been going on. First I was thinking about 2 years... no, I thought again... had to be 3 because of something I could link the time frame to.... and so I kept thinking & adding years..... 5.... 6..... it hit me like a ton of bricks when I realized that my one pack had led to 8 years. I knew if I didn't do something right there & then, the years would keep getting added on... and the sickness would continue.
Although quitting was very difficult, the instant freedom I felt from not living a lie anymore gave me new self worth & respect. As the months progressed in my quit, so did my self-transformation. When I reached my 1 year smoking anniversary, I was a completely different person than I was only 12 months earlier. I felt strong... I felt confident... I felt I was ready to take on another challenge. Two days after my 1 year milestone, I quit drinking.... and started on my journey of sobriety. It has been nothing short of a roller coaster ride these past months... but I have held on.
There have been many joyous & rewarding days that thoughts of drinking don't enter my mind, and there have been ones that I only have strength to get through one minute at a time. This is the new reality I must face.... it may be tough at times, but the rewards that I am now experiencing make it more than worthwhile... for the first time in my adult life, I am finally beginning to know the real me... one that is beginning to see the true wonderment of the world we live in, and the magic of life's gifts that are there for all of us, if we just open our eyes & hearts.

May the stars,
sun, moon & mind
open our world
to the brilliance of nature.
Let it shine on me.
~author unknown

LVT25
March 25th, 2008, 09:58 AM
MsGuided--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:woot:
This is a great post, I'm going to print it and refer to it if I need to. It's no fun being a closet smoker--so why do it? Even though this site is for quitting drinking--it really helps me with not smoking also.
:thanks:

FallenAngel
March 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
vettech25;297781 wrote: MsGuided--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:woot:

It's no fun being a closet smoker--so why do it?
First of all......:l for calling me by my proper name Mimi!! :thanks:

So why do people hide their addictions?
I think it comes from being an addict that is so ashamed of their addiction, and feels that this is the only way that they can cope to keep those around us happy (or so we think)... and feed our addiction at the same time.
What starts out as a whim & a few "fun" smokes, quickly puts us right back into the grip of our old addiction, and we deceive ourselves at first that we can "quit anytime". The frightening part is when we realize we can't stop, and that we are once again, addicted.... and maybe even more so this time around.
This is why I regard my smoking quit as a precious gift to myself... one that I will never take for granted & always keep green.

FallenAngel
March 25th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Shift Happens

I love this!

Did You Know?

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s39/karowen/change.jpg

** click Here ** (http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift)
(speakers on)

4theboyz
March 26th, 2008, 09:25 AM
FallenAngel;297275 wrote: for the first time in my adult life, I am finally beginning to know the real me... one that is beginning to see the true wonderment of the world we live in, and the magic of life's gifts that are there for all of us, if we just open our eyes & hearts.
FA,

Congratulations on the Adult Life part, doing what we are doing can involve a bit of growing up and I know I have my work cut out for me. I love reading your posts you really open up at times and are inspiring with your thoughts you share. I thought it only fair that I pitch in with a thought of the day as well...

"Those who contemplate
the beauty of the earth
find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts."

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 12:09 PM
4theboyz;298318 wrote: I thought it only fair that I pitch in with a thought of the day as well...

"Those who contemplate
the beauty of the earth
find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts."

4theboys~
Thank you so much for your kind words & this beautiful quote... what a wonderful way to start off my day of celebration... thank you again!

Today marks 8 months of sobriety for me...
a day that I intend to celebrate my accomplishment in many ways...
reflecting on the past months.... sharing the joy that I feel today... and pondering on what the next months will hold in store.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/MysticRains/MySpace%20Pics/reflect.jpg

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 01:03 PM
3 a.m. music

One of my favourite bands is the Cowboy Junkies... I find Margo's voice mesmerizing.... if you have ever heard their song "Witches", you know exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHRFZFmEq9o&feature=related[/video]]Sweet Jane
Heavenly widened roses
Seem to whisper to me
When you smile

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Answers

In Search Of Wednesday

?Yes, sir, may I help you??
?Uh, yes, yes you can. I?d like to buy a day.?
?I see. What type of day did you have in mind??
?Well, I really don?t know. What do you carry??
?Well, sir, we have the basic seven days: Sunday through Saturday. Then we also have your weekend gift set. That includes Saturday and Sunday. Over here we have what we call our ?Deluxe Day Gift Set,? which consists of a Friday evening starting at six p.m. and continuing on until twelve a.m. Sunday.?
?That looks nice. But I wonder what you might have in the lone of holidays??
?I?m glad you asked. Step right this way. Over on this counter we have a complete and up-to-the-minute selection of novelty days. They include all your regular holidays, and some others: Woman?s Day, Baby?s Day, Crying Day, and Anticipation Day. That?s going to be a big seller this year.?
?Well, I think I?ll take one of your basic seven days; how about Tuesday??
?A good choice, sir. We just received a new shipment of Tuesdays yesterday. Tuesdays have been very popular.?
?Oh, well, in that case?something more obscure. How about Wednesday??
?:Fine, sir. Will that be cash or charge??
?Cash.?
?Fine , sir. Did you want that gift-wrapped??
?Oh no, don?t bother. A bag will be fine.?
?That?ll be three weeks of hope and four days of despair.?
?Are these on sale or something??
?Oh no. That?s our regular price. Are uh, you from around here??
?No, I?m just passing through. I?m on my way to Tranquility, but stopped to pick up a few things first.?
?Oh, I see. We don?t get many people passing though these parts.?
?It?s a nice little place. What did you say the name of it was??
?Inner Peace.?

Outside the store, the Man stepped into his Insearchov and was on his way. With one hand on the Destiny wheel, the other propped on the window ledge to support his Thought, the Man was off.
It was a warm day, and the sun?s rays danced and sparkled on the Insearchov?s shieldnothing. The Man leaned back in Contentment.
About three miles up the road, the Man took a left at Forgetyourtroubles Road. Down this rocky, unpaved road was a clearing?a beautiful green-grassed knoll hugging a silver stream. This was it. The Man?s spot for the day. Away from everyone and everything. The perfect spot to be Alone with his Day.
The Man took Wednesday, got out of his Insearchov, and stretched out on the cool grass. He looked up at the sky and saw it was cloudless.
Taking Wednesday out of its box, the Man groaned.
?No wonder it was so inexpensive. I have to put it together myself. Now how am I going to put this Day together right??
Muttering under his breath, the Man laid out all the pieces and unfolded the instructions. He read aloud:
?You have purchased a product whose quality cannot be excelled. Using the following directions as a guide in assembling, your Day will be sturdy, rugged and long lasting; guaranteed, or your hope and despair back.?
?Sounds easy enough,? the Man said.
?Now, let?s see here: starting with Part (B)eginnings, connect Part (C)hildhood on the bottom right-hand slot. Part (D)ecisions should now fit next to it. IMPORTANT: Make sure Part (D) is firmly attached early in assembly. This is a basic part on which many others depend.
After securing Part (D), Parts (E)mptiness, (F)rustrations and (H)urt can now be attached. This completes Part I, the basic structure.
?Part II uses Parts (K)nowledge, (L)earning and (M)aturity, which fit into corresponding holes.?
?The third phase of your Day uses Parts (O)ppression, (P)atience and (S)orrow. Simply place the piece in the slot with the corresponding letter.
The Man followed the instructions, and soon his Day was underway. Everything was fitting in smoothly, which surprises the Man a great deal.
He continued reading: ?The next-to-last stage uses only three of the four remaining pieces: (T)rust, (U)nderstanding and (W)isdom. Attach these in the same manner as above.?
?As you will see, the structure is complete, save for Part (A)nswers. This final piece fits snugly over the entire structure, thus completing the assembly of your Day.?
But there was no Part (A). The Man scanned the Land, looking for the missing part, but it was nowhere to be found. (A)nswers was missing. The only thing to do was to turn around and head back to the store. He?d explain to the storekeeper that after having made his purchase, he found that it had a part missing. The storekeeper would either have to give the Man his Hope and Despair back, or give him the missing part. The Man was sure, however, that a little store like that would not have Answers in stock. So probably the Man would just settle for a new Day?one with Answers.

Author Unknown

Palatia
March 26th, 2008, 08:23 PM
That is beautiful..

That is a beautiful post.. I'm going too print it and maybe even frame it.. lol.. When I started reading it, I was about to leave to go get my son.. so read some and got tears in my eyes... "Oh not nowww... ". So finished when I got back...

FallenAngel;291695 wrote: Although I am new to this site, I have been AF for 7 months. Recently I went looking for a place that I could find support, and also lend a helping hand with what I have learned so far in my quits.

I quit smoking about a year and a half ago. By the time I reached my 1 year milestone, I had gone through a total transformation of the person I was only 12 short months previous. With my new knowledge & experience of winning the battle over one addiction, I felt ready to take on anther. Two days after my 1 yr smobriety milestone, I quit drinking.

And so began my journey to find the the person I lost so many years ago.With a strange combination of determintaion & fear, I set forth.... wondering who I would find.... would I like this person, and even more importantly.... would they be able to forgive me for all the years that I have abandoned them?

These past several months have taken me through a gamut of emotions... everything form "f**k it".... to "this is the BEST day of my life!" .. oh man, what a rollercoaster ride it's been.... lol ... and I know it's going to be a long time until it rolls to a stop & that I can get off, and stand on my own.... with both feet planted firmly on the ground.

I was fortunate to have a good online friend that helped me through the first couple of months...without their support, I don't think I could have made it through the first stages, let alone quit in the first place. Although they are no longer a part of my life, I will forever be grateful for their friendship & support.

Others that I have relied on for support have also faded into the distance, but what I have come to realize is that this is a natural cycle of life, and that we should be thankful for the time that we did share with these people & what they had to offer us at the time.

I would like to share a beautiful sentiment with you, unfortunately I do not know the author:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.
When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are.
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met , our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,
things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Good to see you again!

Hi Palatia.... so nice to see you again.... I read YOUR story earlier today!:)
I think you're going to do great... you have a wonderful positive attitude about your quit... that is a key element in being successful. Of course there will be tough spots, but they are only temporary, always remember that. I guess with my quit, I deal with the rough parts by getting through them one day at a time, not thinking about what lies in front of me...
but when I look at the positive side of it & the benefits, then I tend to look at my sobriety as a lifetime commitment.

IAD
March 26th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Because I have know poetic way of telling you, I'll just say : " Take the train, your journey will be quicker !" I can be such a Neanderthal at times....:)

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 09:45 PM
shorter trip too

IAD;298789 wrote: I'll just say : " Take the train, your journey will be quicker !"

Mental wounds still screaming
Driving me insane
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

IAD
March 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Fallen Angel....
Is that the lyrics of an old Procol Harum song ? (Wiskey Train) Loved the band ! Espcially the song about My own tomb stone.....Morbed. LOL :)

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Nope... Ozzy's Crazy Train

IAD;298795 wrote:
Is that the lyrics of an old Procol Harum song ? (Wiskey Train) Loved the band ! Espcially the song about My own tomb stone.....Morbed. LOL :)

Whiskey Train

I'm gonna find a girl to make me choose
Between lovin' her and drinking booze
I'm gonna lose these drinking blues
Ain't gonna ride that whisky train

Those lyrics reminded me of this tune...have you heard it?? Great tune!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXO2eBIgccY[/video]] Real Mean Bottle

A real mean bottle
Poured straight from the devil
It's a miracle you're standin' here today
A real mean bottle
Made you such a rebel
It must have been a real mean bottle
Made you sing that way.

IAD
March 26th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Your right ! Everytime I hear that Rob Zombie song it reminds me of Whiskey Train,,,,,,Same train wreak, if you think about it ! IAD :)

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 10:23 PM
IAD;298806 wrote: Same train wreak, if you think about it ! IAD :)
Speaking of trains..take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo[/video]]Frozen In Time

IAD
March 26th, 2008, 10:46 PM
" If that does'nt scare the Begivies out of you !" IAD LOL:)

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
You haven't congratulated me yet!!! LMAO

IAD;298835 wrote: " If that does'nt scare the Begivies out of you !" IAD LOL:)LOL..I know!! Would that be freaky, or what??

Since you're being such a good sport this evening & keeping me company... I got something else for you to watch... make sure you watch it til the very end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIJtKxdRQzY[/video]]The Painter

IAD
March 26th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Unfrecking beliveable ! This guy must use the other 3/4 of his brain that we don't ! What a revelation. Thanks for shareing......! IAD:goodjob:

FallenAngel
March 26th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Awww...thank you! You're the best!

secondchance;298866 wrote: Wow FA or MG...the Painter is awesome!! Thanks for sharing....here's to your next 8 months AF!! You rock girfrind!!

Take a look at this....it's...it's amazing!LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW-3KwXpkkM[/video]]Amazing Hand Shadow show by Raymond Crowe

FallenAngel
March 27th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Which are you?

A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma The daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

LVT25
March 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Love it, Ms. Will give me something to think about for awhile.:thanks:

P.S. Changed my name--hope you recognize me.:)

FallenAngel
March 29th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Do I know you??? ;)

LVT25;299034 wrote:
P.S. Changed my name--hope you recognize me.:)
I certainly did!
Seems like there's a lot of that going around! LOL
I know...I know.... I should change mine too & get rid of this lame label.... but that could end all the fun... and I hate to leave Doubter all by himself with such a lousy Username... someone should share in his pain. ;)

OMG>>>>> !!!!!! Did you see the new toys we have to play with????
I think I'll go find a way to abuse uh, I mean USE some of these on my friend *pronounced: favourite victim* Doubter :bomb:

hippie37
March 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Hi Fallen! Some great vids and posts here my friend thanks for sharing them here. The paintjam was amazing and reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix painting done by Danny Dent for the Monterey Festival. He is only using a statutory wall though!!!!lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xddN-ysrFlk[/video]]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix live painting by Denny Dent

Love and Happiness
Hippie
xx

FallenAngel
March 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
We should put our talents to use!

Hey Doubter, buddy...pal...

sorry about taking a swing at you last night...but you're such an easy :target:
...let me make that better for you with a :plaster: & a :lipstick:
Better?? Good.
Ok...now listen up....
I don't know if you picked up on this last night, but I sure did... and I think we could make it to the bigtime if we play our cards right!

Britain may have talent... but as a team.... WE are a goldmine baby...I'm talking BIG BUCKS!:elk:
If we can clear a chatroom in no time flat, just think the killing we could make in the exterminator business... or even emergency city evacuations! You know, maybe we've been channeling our energies in the wrong direction... instead of trying to blow each other up & pulverize the other with an armament of rocks... maybe...just maybe... we should join forces to line our own pockets I mean make the world a better place.

No need to answer on this right away.... think about it.... a temporary truce could benefit us both... especially while you're still recovering in ICU.

Your new business partner,
Angel

P.S.
Did you notice how nice I was to you today??
There's a whole new whack of icons for me to abuse.... and I refrained. That's right...I refrained from giving you the finger, blowing you up, and even showing everyone your girlie panties..
See???... that proves what a good friend I can really be!

FallenAngel
March 29th, 2008, 04:42 PM
New play toys!

hippie37;300519 wrote: The paintjam was amazing and reminded me of the Jimi Hendrix painting done by Danny Dent for the Monterey Festival.
Wow! That was amazing!! Thanks for sharing that..I have never seen that before!
I see you used the new option for using Youtube here on the forum...I'm going to have to figure out how that works.

You know, this is such a cool site... I can't believe the Administrators actually encourage us to :moon: run around in our :panties: and :naughtfeet: ........:jumpwow: ..... I think I have found Paradise! :lol3:

doubter
March 30th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Return of the Scorcher

FallenAngel;300524 wrote: Hey Doubter, buddy...pal...

sorry about taking a swing at you last night...
...let me make that better for you with a :plaster: & a :lipstick:

FallenAngel
March 30th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Score: Angel 3,817 Doubter -27

doubter;300823 wrote: wary Doubter logs onto scene of battle after a temporary hiatus necessitated by real world concerns.
Surveys the battlefield, his worthy opponent Angel has put the intervening period to good use in refurbishing her armoury and martial skills.
Shock and awe!.... Angel appears to have a devious ploy sometimes resorted to by unscupulous rivals to weaken the instincts of the Samurai.

Angel has truly now come up with an elaborate masquerade to defeat the conquerable Doubter by devious deception

the relentless pounding.... Doubter, finally fallen.

doubter
April 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM
Unconditional surrender

FallenAngel;301092 wrote: Dear
FormerlyDoubterCurrentlyInDangerFearingForHisLifeW onderingWhatWasIThinkingWhenICalledPiranhaMyBunny

:iwin:
Quaking in my boots, I slowly realise the enormity of my folly in challenging the sleeping Giant Angel.

What momentary lapse of reason made me throw caution to the winds & take up cudgels against AngeltheAmazon? How can I ever successfully deflect woundedAngel's wrath ? What strategem to use to save my life to fight another day?

Wisdom slowly dawns...For now abject surrender shall be the only saviour.

Hence

O AlmightyAngelwhosebywordisforgiveness !

O AngelwhowasmistakenlyaddressedbyDoubterashisbunny !

O Angeloverflowingwiththemilkofhumankindness!

Please forgive me for all the sins that I have committed in my unknowing ignorance. Have the grace to pardon a puerile prankster who grew too big for his boots. Take me under your protection and I assure you that from now on, I shall remain your trustworthy underling forever.
:busted:
FormerlyDoubterCurrentlyInDangerFearingForHisLifeW onderingWhatWasIThinkingWhenICalledAngelMyBunny
040108 a la James Bond007

IAD
April 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Ya, The journey of a thousand miles is easier if you use your frquent flier miles....LOL !Heppie, Hendrix.....I saw him in person back in 68'. Awsome !!!IAD:cool:

FallenAngel
April 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
You can run.... but you can't hide

doubter;302023 wrote: Quaking in my boots, I slowly realise the enormity of my folly in challenging the sleeping Giant Angel.

What momentary lapse of reason made me throw caution to the winds & take up cudgels against AngeltheAmazon? How can I ever successfully deflect woundedAngel's wrath ? What strategem to use to save my life to fight another day?

Please forgive me for all the sins that I have committed in my unknowing ignorance. Have the grace to pardon a puerile prankster who grew too big for his boots. Take me under your protection and I assure you that from now on, I shall remain your trustworthy underling forever.

Angel scoffs at Doubter's latest feeble attempt to save his sorry ass from the wrath of the Acme D.B. sitting out back. Her fingers glide along the crowbar's smooth cold steel surface....
"soon my precious....soon" she cooed as her gaze methodically surveyed the treed landscape & surrounding hills with warrior precision for her anticipated intruder.
Looking down at the note again... her eyes narrowed & bolted daggers..."and what the hell does he mean by Giant and Amazon??? Is he suggesting my butt looks BIG in this Kevlar?? Her grip tightened around the crowbar..... as the taste of revenge grew ever sweeter.

FallenAngel
April 3rd, 2008, 11:17 AM
A loud knock at the castle gate

"Package for Ms G. Angel" the courier yelled, looking nervously down at the bubbling concoction steaming up from the surrounding moat. :peeky:

"I wasn't expecting any package...... who's it from?"

"Doesn't say, Ma'm... just says Contents: 1 Trojan Horse"

< Angel thinks back to Doubter's last statement:>

doubter;302023 wrote:

"That son of a... :bat
Take it back... and take this with you too :hateputer:
...and this :bomb:"

cmhguy3
April 4th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hello Fallen Angel,

Thanks for the chat last night and I enjoyed reading your thread. It is both insightful and also good old fashioned quirky fun!

Day 12 AF here!

PS...I so love the Cowboy Junkies as well, have been a fan since the 80's. I saw them live here in Washington about a month ago for a sold out club show. It was so cool and still amazing!!! Jealous?

FallenAngel
April 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM
The lure of the Acme D.B.

cmhguy3;304397 wrote:
PS...I so love the Cowboy Junkies as well, have been a fan since the 80's. I saw them live here in Washington about a month ago for a sold out club show. It was so cool and still amazing!!! Jealous?
:lalala:

Jealous? What ever gave you the idea that I might be JEALOUS??

Glad you found your way over here! I know you're anxious... just like everyone else to see what I have under wraps.... tell you what.... since I took such a liking to you last night...how about I give you a front row seat right up where all the action is. When you get here for the fling-a-thon festivities, make sure you you go through the door marked Enter At Own Risk V.I.P.
B.Y.O.D.T.

:shesjealous:

IAD
April 4th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Living near DC while in high school ( Northern Va. ) I have seen all kind of junkies ! Most of them were homeless ! I've also seen " Concreate Blonds " Mostly near the 9:30 Club !" IAD

FallenAngel
April 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Speaking of blondes....

IAD;304443 wrote: I've also seen " Concrete Blonds " Mostly near the 9:30 Club !" IAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDpMfEeo3Q[/video]]YouTube - 4 Non Blondes - What's Up (Video)

FallenAngel
April 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Yay! It's the weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5fU71bAfO4&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - SHAKE A TAIL FEATHER

FallenAngel
April 4th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Important Notice

Attn: All Members of The Sisterhood of Flying Projectiles

As you are aware, recently I have moved our headquarters to a quaint little haunt http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/castles/Castle.jpgon the outskirts of forumville.
I've been busy preparing http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/junkyard.jpg for our big Debut this weekend.
The D.B. http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee208/prodrick123/crate.jpg showed up the other day & I'll have it set up & fined tuned by the time you ladies arrive.

I'm not sure if I mentioned a minor annoyance that needs our attention...
I could certainly handle this myself, but I do know how you girls love live target practice to keep busy, so we can have a little warm-up drill before we hog-tie & have our way with our unsuspecting victim congratulate cmhguy3 on his 2 weeks of sobriety.

Sincerely,
Angel aka Major Pain

Not only do we rock, we know how to fling 'em too!

IAD
April 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Hay Fallen Angel ! Now everthing falls into place ! My first wife must of been a member of your club......It was like "Mars Attacks" in my house hold. IAD:cool:

FallenAngel
April 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Angel, the Neighhorhood Welcome Wagon Lady

IAD;304898 wrote: Hay Fallen Angel ! Now everthing falls into place ! My first wife must of been a member of your club......It was like "Mars Attacks" in my house hold. IAD:cool:
So nice to see you again IAD.... we're always glad to see fresh meat nice men like yourself drop by to visit us here in the Dragon's Den our quaint little abode.
Btw, do you like to fly?? We're starting up a Travel Agency here.... just a sideline thing to help pay for the overhead.... right now we're only doing one-way excursions .... but the girls have been thinking of expanding our horizons & offering return flights.

IAD
April 5th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Ok, Fallen Angel ! I can read between the lines. Happy Trails.......:cool:

FallenAngel
April 5th, 2008, 07:14 PM
IAD;305118 wrote: Ok, Fallen Angel ! I can read between the lines. Happy Trails.......:cool:

:contrat1000:

FallenAngel
April 5th, 2008, 07:24 PM
The high noon sun blazed brightly overhead as Angel skipped cheerfully to the open field where the D.B. has sat still, and silent for the most part, the past week.

The waiting was finally over & Angel could hardly contain herself. Twirling the crowbar like a majorette, she sang & chanted while doing her little happy dance. Around & around the oversized crate she danced until she worked herself into such a frenzy...she collapsed to the ground, gasping for breath.

As her eyes began to focus again, she took notice of a small metal tag on the crate. "Damn Imports" she muttered, and got out her magnifying glass to read the inscription:

Acme Devine Boon Model #42
In Hindu mythology there is a force known as the Divine Boon. It is a protection that cannot be destroyed by man or beast. Arrows were fired, stones thrown, but such trifles were brushed aside. Those relying on the Divine Boon were unconquerable and indestructible

Halfway through reading its legacy, a bright glare reflected off the magnifier's lens. Angel the Warrior Princess had been expecting something of this nature and quickly reacted..... in one swift move she caught a sun's ray in the polished glass surface & aimed it directly into the distant binoculars' eyepiece.

An ear-splitting scream was heard in the trees as a familiar silhouette fell to the ground & ran back into the forest in what appeared to be excruciating pain.

FallenAngel
April 5th, 2008, 08:28 PM
IAD;305118 wrote: Ok, Fallen Angel ! I can read between the lines. Happy Trails.......:cool:
Does this mean we can count on you being here for tomorrow's festivities???
I know that cmhguy3 will be the first, since it's his 2 week celebration. If everything goes as planned, I'm sure he'll be back in time for his one month celebration.
Can I sign you up as well? We're giving out badges for every survivor participant.

IAD
April 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Sure, why not ! IAD

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome aboard!

IAD;305233 wrote: Sure, why not ! IAD

Terrific! :)
Just sign this waiver...don't forget to fill out the back of the form where it says "Next of Kin".... please remove all dental work... place all valuables in enclosed baggy labeled "Angel's Petty Cash Fund"..... fold your clothes neatly & place in incinerator private locker before entering launching pad area.
Any last requests questions?

IAD
April 6th, 2008, 11:32 AM
' I think I'm going to ponder my decision a little longer "

cmhguy3
April 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Good Morning,

I agree with IAD, i may have to ponder my decision a little longer as well! But what the hell, I made it to day 14...bring it on!

Guy

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Do the math

cmhguy3;305523 wrote: Good Morning,

I agree with IAD, i may have to ponder my decision a little longer as well! But what the hell, I made it to day 14...bring it on!

Excuse me? Ponder?
What is it with you guys??? This just doesn't add up.....
everyone knows:

D.B + Multiple Victims = Angel'sReasonToLiveAndStaySober

Are you trying to sabotage my sobriety??

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Let the festivities begin

Hey FlyinHigh..
about time you got here and gave me a hand... these guys have been very uncooperative, to say the least.
Tlrgs was really getting on my nerves....wouldn't stand still :dancingskel:when I was trying to pick him off with my trusty slingshot http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/Slingshot.jpg

IAD's duct-taped to that power pole over there... if he gives you any trouble, just flick this switch a few times... :onfire: I found that quiets him down for awhile after his initial scream. I got him penciled in for the Grand Finale, we should have a back-up though...you never know, the old coot might have a coronary before his turn... that would be so typical... always thinking of himself first.

Glad we had that calf roping refresher course last week...
came in handy when Guy had a change of mind.
No worries... I got him all ready to go

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/memorialweekend034.jpg

...just need your help to get him over to the launching pad.

tlrgs
April 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
say what. hey stay very still no dont move in any way . i got this tread boobetrap. if you make one wrong move boom now i got you ha ha:dancingskel::dancingskel::dancingskel:

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Silly boy...

tlrgs;305691 wrote: i got this tread boobetrap. if you make one wrong move boom now i got you ha ha
who's got the :bust: trap?? LMAO

:busted:

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hello Boys....

It seems like some of you have been very naughty lately...and need a good ol' fashion spankin':b&d:

You have not been very polite to your hostess...very naughty.......

so to assist her in her path, i will join in and make sure you behave!

Believe me, this is a necessary, life-giving, sobriety-fulfilling mission we are on here,

you should be thankful that you were ...choosen....um, invited to participate. I believe you all signed the waiver, so now you should just submit to the torture....do we need to say "pretty please" ?

I need to go oil my whip, I'll be watching you boys with a close eye....no funny business, got it? or else it's over the wall with you!

Good, I'm glad we got that settled down now....

*Snap*

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 07:44 PM
The Sisterhood of the Flying Projectiles Reunion

flyinhigh;305705 wrote: Hello Boys....

It seems like some of you have been very naughty lately...and need a good ol' fashion spankin':b&d:
You have not been very polite to your hostess...very naughty.......

Flyin, so glad you made it.... I knew I could count on you to keep these men in line!
you've always had that special touch.http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25/wolffdream/sexy/thbetolivia20.jpg

Are you ready?
Shall we get MWO's first annual Spring Fling-A-Thon started??

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Drumroll please.....

And now ladies & gentlemen...boys & girls...
The moment you've all been waiting for....

THE DEVINE BOON

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/Trebuchet.jpg

Ain't she a beauty??
(Angel's knees go weak as she swoons)

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 07:55 PM
oohhh

"OOHHH, AAHHH....."
says flyin' as she strokes her whip. Her fingers fondle the tip as she wonders who will fly first...trlgs? guy? iad? or this one called doubter? The possiblities are endless!

"Im so glad to have taken residence here, the toys are fabulous!"
she states aloud from her room in the tower.

tlrgs
April 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
i seen a show where they were throwing watermelons with that type of thing really kool

tlrgs
April 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
body could be fun too.

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Our Guest of Honour

Now Guy....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/memorialweekend034.jpg

just relax....
say your prayers

We know exactly what we're doing... excuse me... "Hey Flyin, could you bring the big red hammer over here... I need to fine tune the D.B. ....I think she was pulling a little to the right on your last practice shot"

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/Trebuchet.jpg

Ok my friend...
ready to meet your maker have some fun??

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Angel's generousity

I'd like YOU to do the honour of pulling the lever on our first fling Flyin....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/8.jpg

try aiming a little to the right of your first practice shot

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
...yum...

Now boys, just relax...

Here's the hammer angel, http://photobucket.com/mediadetail/?media=http%3A%2F%2Fi298.photobucket.com%2Falbums% 2Fmm243%2Fmurdled%2Fthemarchofthehammers.jpg&searchTerm=hammers&pageOffset=1ugh...
after you are done with guy, may i give trlgs the ride he wants so badly?????
psst, did he see us practice with the watermelon, or is he smart or something?
Nah
must of seen us, for he's a boy...

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 08:23 PM
first fling?...what honors....
hold on guy, this will be over shortly (hehehehehe)

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM
this is going to be more fun than i had last night at some kids bday party!

http://th48.photobucket.com/albums/f207/sprite64/th_smushed.gif

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM
The Countdown....

In 5...4....3....
oh what the hell.....
let 'er rip Flyin!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/STS1176.jpg

* fling! *

cmhguy3
April 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
LMAO!!!!!

The Unveiling...it is bigger than I thought! Way more bigger than "you could put an eye out with that" big! I have an old bicycle helmet in the closet, I better dust if off, I think I am going to need it.

Ready fo my first fling! Bring it on!

Guy

PS Will I be provided a small parachute?

flyinhigh
April 6th, 2008, 08:32 PM
did you see that air?

WOOOO_HOOOO

Damn, that was fun....gotta go see how he's doing.....hahahahaha

http://th119.photobucket.com/albums/o142/must_get_out/Photography/th_IMG_1375.jpg

guy, guy, can you hear me?....

yeah, it works..who's next.....

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 08:42 PM
USCWOAP

cmhguy3;305745 wrote:
PS Will I be provided a small parachute?

Parachute?? :chute:

I think this would be more useful

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w73/supergirldesiree/spatula.png

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
D.B. Model #42 Accessory Package

flyinhigh;305747 wrote:
WOOOO_HOOOO
Damn, that was fun....
You know Flyin, I was thinkin.... we really have to be careful....
this forum doesn't have that many silly boys roaming around.... at the rate we're going, we'll have depleted the stock before sunrise.
But never fear my dear... Angel has come up with a plan...

Introducing
The Boomerang Chair

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boomerangchair.jpg

"Keeps Them Coming Back For More"

FallenAngel
April 6th, 2008, 11:56 PM
the end of a perfect day...

I want to thank everyone for coming to our first flingfest today.... we had lots of fun...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/reflection%20and%20contemplation/Reflection.jpg

and now it's time to wind it down...
See you tomorrow.

FallenAngel
April 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Rise & Shine!

Good morning!
Flyin'... hope I didn't disturb you.... just couldn't sleep, so I got up early and went out back and did a little practicing.... nothing like a good fling with the sling to start the day off right!

Speaking of which, I see Guy was out having an early morning dip

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/tonitemp/efe2afae.jpg

IAD
April 7th, 2008, 10:38 AM
" Hummmm...! I see some deep rooted problems here ! Dr. Frieud.....may have written a chapter about this in his book !?! IAD;)

FallenAngel
April 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Let me wrap you in tin foil

IAD;305998 wrote: " Hummmm...! I see some deep rooted problems here ! Dr. Frieud.....may have written a chapter about this in his book !?! IAD;)

You look exhausted IAD...
Come sit down & let's talk about these deep rooted problems of yours.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boys%20are%20stupid/2008_0113Firstdaypics0105.jpg

flyinhigh
April 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
ready to enlist another woman...

Good evenin', thanks for letting me sleep angel!

I needed that beauty sleep after a night like last night...must say one of the most fun nights Ive had being sober!

So I was flyin' about today and saw another woman we need to enlist!

She's awesome!

She's foreign too!!!

She kicks or spanks some serious butt!!!

Introducing....Da Lady!!!!

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:qdvBLxUhmVMJ:simondonohue.files.wordp ress.com/2007/02/statue-of-liberty-spanking-george-bush.jpg

Watch out, shes made of steel!!!

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Shine On You Crazy Diamond

No doubt I have 99.9% of this forum wondering WTF is going on in this thread & what does it have to do with long term abstaining... am I right?? lol

If memory serves me correctly, this is the section for long term abstainers to share the tools they have found that works in their sobriety...
and for me, making new friends...sharing my experiences... having crazy fun along with times of quiet reflection is all part of my recovery process. Someone once told me "If you're not having fun while recovering, you're not doing it right!" And that is so true!!

There's something very special & unique about being with others that are afflicted with the same addiction as ourselves... we know what it's like, and can never judge, for we have been in their shoes. Long term abstainers have many things to offer those that are just starting out on their journey.. not only can we share our experience & advice, but more importantly I think, we are examples of the proof of how life can be so wonderful after we cleanse our body, minds & soul of our addiction. The new found joy we start experiencing is overwhelming... and so is the desire to pass on the message of hope & freedom.

Amazing grace
how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Captnjack
April 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Well Im sorta wondering after reading this thread for a while WTF (Im.9%) and can i get the DVD somewhere its kinda long

Head spinning stuff but some beautiful wise words as well
All the best with it though it was ah interesting and a complete spinout

Capt

IAD
April 8th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Capt'n Jack,
I would'nt touch that one with a ten foot whip !!!!!!IAD

cmhguy3
April 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
The wondering is the best part. As I told Fallen Angel last night, this thread has the strange and twisted meanderings like a great David Lynch film (think Twin Peaks). I am ready for the next Fling-A-Thon! I equate it to being flung into sobriety! I am ready to meet the Devine Boon again! Bring her on!

Guy
Day 16AF

PS Thanks for Amazing Grace, it is one of my favorite hymns and I was hearing the Johnny Cash version in my head as I read the words. Great lunchtime fodder, THANKS!

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
IAD;306716 wrote: Capt'n Jack,
I would'nt touch that one with a ten foot whip !!!!!!IAD

I see you have met Flyin'! ... Isn't she just the sweetest little whippersnapper?
:b&d:

I was kind of wondering what Capt'n Jack was talking about... was he trying to imply something???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qG5V2iBvFs&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Linda Blair Head Spin

cmhguy3
April 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
You know how many times I have done the head spin when I was hung over? That is one of my all time favorite movies! SCAREY AS HELL! Not unlike this thread! LOL

Captnjack
April 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Shit thanks IAD should have listened to the wise old senior member, David Lynch hey? Guy well thanks for the trip can't think twin peaks at the moment maybe eraser head and because I am on dial up I cant see the linda blair puke green scene. Is this thred some sort of evil vortex?????? that you get sucked into

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
The Springfest continues....

cmhguy3;306754 wrote: I am ready to meet the Devine Boon again! Bring her on!

GUY!!!
So glad to see you back...WOW...you heal fast!

The crowd has been gathering all morning in anticipation.....

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/comical/Ducttapeuse317.jpg

cmhguy3
April 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Like my Uncle Ohloff always use to say..."If you can't fix it...Duct it"!

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Can I borrow your boat??

Captnjack;306763 wrote: Is this thred some sort of evil vortex?????? that you get sucked intoHello Jack....
Could you think of a better one to get sucked into?? LOL :licked:

Captnjack
April 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Boats all yours I have set you the sails Just dont whip me boss ok!!!! 8 months sober Have the boat I wish I was you must feel fantastic.

flyinhigh
April 8th, 2008, 08:49 PM
oops

Angel were you down in the dungeon, couldn't find you earlier, and I saw this kick ass boat sitting on the dock, so you know me, act before i think....

http://www.funny-potato.com/images/boats/ship.jpg

Angel I would fly away, but...I like this boat and capn is soooo well behaved!

Guy, come around, i need to fling something to keep me away from the damn AL!!!

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 10:39 PM
How to get the babes

cmhguy3;306768 wrote: Like my Uncle Ohloff always use to say..."If you can't fix it...Duct it"!

Pimp Your Ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfnxkixBp4[/video]]YouTube - Red-Green Bike

IAD
April 8th, 2008, 11:02 PM
" Domince & Submission ! I' m
not worthy, I'm not wothy..........! IAD !

FallenAngel
April 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
A Special Dedication To The One That Showed Me Sobriety Was The Only Way

You know it's true...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOkxI2YtZXw[/video]]YouTube - Bryan Adams- Everything I Do

IAD
April 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
" I feel so used ! ( But I like it ! ) IAD !:cool:

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Oooooo.... a boat AND a pair of skilled hands!

Captnjack;306779 wrote: Boats all yours I have set you the sails Just dont whip me boss ok!!!! 8 months sober Have the boat I wish I was you must feel fantastic.
Aye Capt'n...8 months does feel great! Where are you on this journey might I ask??
You don't have to worry about me whipping you into shape, that's Flyin's department be afraid..be VERY afraid
I'm the harmless one...well, mostly harmless....just don't be ruffling my feathers.... or serving me warm lemonade..... or giving an inadequate foot massages.... or cutting my sandwich the wrong way & leaving the crust on.... oh...and don't be putting my drink in a tall glass..has to be served in a short glass.....and don't ever....ever leave the toilet seat up..... and wipe your feet....this castle's not a barn you know......

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 12:14 AM
We've got something VERY SPECIAL planned for you

IAD;307115 wrote: " I feel so used ! IAD !:cool:

We could really abuse someone like you around here!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/comical/hilarious.jpg

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Angel, looking flushed

flyinhigh;306977 wrote: Angel were you down in the dungeon, couldn't find you earlier
*smoothing down her feathers*
Ummmm...yeah...the dungeon... right...that's where I've been the past day..night...

sorry I haven't been doing my duties...I uhhh...been preoccupied with someonething...but you have been doing a fine job of keeping this place running!

I see that Guy wants to go for another round, IAD keeps whining that it's his turn.... I was thinking that we could take him out on a little boat ride, whatdaya think Flyin'... you thinking what I'm thinking??? :happy:

Oh! And look what just arrived today... our new stillettos!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/slingshot-1.jpg

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hi

Im a measly 6 days but feeling better and look forward ODAT

All the best
Cap

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 01:45 AM
We wanna float your boat!

Captnjack;307134 wrote:
Im a measly 6 days but feeling better and look forward ODAT

What are you saying, a "measley 6 days"?? Don't you see??? You have taken the BIGGEST step! :goodjob:
The first week is by far, the hardest,.... that's when you have finally put your plans & desires to stop drinking into action! It's a time that we fight off the cravings & resist the routine of our addiction. The first week is HUGE! You said you wished you were where I am, at 8 months... well, I had to start out right where you are...we all do. But don't wish these months away... embrace every step of the way... rejoice in the new freedoms you start to experience...enjoy your new life as it starts to reveal itself to you!

I've had something kind of special in mind for you.... how about letting the Sisterhood help celebrate your one week anniversay tomorrow? You could show us how to wreck sail your boat... I know Flyin' could use some parking lessons!

IAD
April 9th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Angel ! Back in the saddle again ! Nne of that Domenice & Submission ! I'm an ALPHA MALE !!! LOL !

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM
no smelly dungeons ????

Hi Sisterhood

Appreciate the offer of celebration however looking at the guys before me um I'm a bit worried:confused:

There wont be any one way trips with the fling thing or whippings ect will there?. Seems IAD is up for a bit of domination! Me I'm a gentel soul cup of tea and biscuits ya know :) nothing to freeky:confused:.

Um I'not sure even looking at doubters posts seems to make me uneasy.You made him swallow the oxford dictionary such a horrible torture.

Thanks for the sisters kind offer but I would prefer to let the day pass by quitely ready for the next one ;)

All the best
Cap
Ps I am very impressed with the sister hoods "parking skills" as you say but can I have my boat back please :)and also the appropriate nautical term for parking is mooring;)

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Angel awakes from her dreamscape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sph8dk8t0s&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Advent Children - Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out for A Hero

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hope the pic of my lovely daughter will soften the hearts of the sisters on a mission??? Unfortunately her behaviour LATLEY dictates already SHE is one of you

Oh dear
Cap

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 11:34 AM
chicken

Captnjack;307177 wrote:
Thanks for the sisters kind offer but I would prefer to let the day pass by quitely ready for the next one

All the best
Cap
Ps I am very impressed with the sister hoods "parking skills" as you say but can I have my boat back please :)and also the appropriate nautical term for parking is mooring;)
Mooring? Oh.... maybe if Flyin' had been thinking that instead of how to parallel park the damn thing we wouldn't be in this mess.
Do we have to give the boat back already??? I was getting it all geared up to take IAD out on a little cruise.... I think he's wanting a lickin' taking a liking to us around here!.... :b&d:

Dungeon? Oh yes :h Smelly? Not sure.... what does fear smell like?

That's a shame you don't want to be part of the festivities today, I was so hoping for a group fling....maybe you'll want to join in when Doubter gets back... I hear he's waiting for a Braille keyboard to show up... I can't believe the nerve of that guy... he sent ME the bill, figuring I should pay for it since I was the one who burned his retinas out....sheesh.

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Naa keep the boat its is yours . Ok bring the party on IF YOU MUST!!!

please be gentel though will change my avatar to suit the HARSH CONDITIONS i FIND MY SELF IN.

thanks CAP

tlrgs
April 9th, 2008, 11:49 AM
hi there fallen..love the video.hows it going today.i feel much better took the day off sue has doc app so just playing on the computer .have great day

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Glad you slept well... Angel tossed & turned

tlrgs;307397 wrote: hi there fallen...hows it going today.

It would go a lot better

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/hold_still.jpg

if you would stand still!

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Glad you slept well... Angel tossed & turned
ANGEL too many lashings take care behave. Look after you for a second

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Angel needs some TLC (and more duct tape)

Captnjack;307419 wrote:
ANGEL too many lashings
You think that's what it is?? I thought it was this fever I've been suffering with lately.
Maybe I should take a day off from my duties.... you guys could entertain pamper me for a day... we could start out with a nice cruise out on the ocean....that would be nice...... can I bring D.B. along??

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 01:19 PM
A Mystery to be Solved....

Angel needs your help

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/Real%20Life/my%20projects/IMGP1034.jpg

(to be continued)

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Where's Chuck?

Mosaic

A story by
Charles ****** (to protect personal privacy)
Abraham Lincoln Middle School, Laguna Beach, CA

Ned lived in an old house by the sea. From where he slept, all he could see was the ocean.

The man who built the house had been rich. The house had beautiful stairways and three balconies. There was also a secret door. It led to the mirror room.

The mirror room was only about six feet by six feet. It was covered by mirrors?on the floor, on the walls, and on the ceiling. There was one stool in it, nailed to the floor.

Ned didn?t visit the mirror room very often. It was his secret, and he didn?t want his parents to know about it. They might turn it into another kind of room.

He would go there for about 15 minutes at a time. He sat looking for the end of the endless line of Neds. He looked until his eyes grew tired. Then he would go to his bedroom and watch the ocean.

One afternoon, Ned was sitting on the stool. He was looking down the line of Neds. Suddenly, he noticed something moving toward him. It came closer & closer.
It was a tiny dot, coming right for him. The dot grew. Then he could see arms and legs. It turned into a man, walking down the lines of Neds. The man grew life-sized.

The man stopped, across from Ned, on the other side of the glass. He sat down where the other Ned was supposed to be. He looked at Ned with a strange smile.

?Hello, Ned,? he said. ?How are you? You?re probably wondering what I?m doing here. Well, I?m a business man. I do business with my friend back there.? He pointed in the direction that he had come from. ?Maybe you?d like to hear a story.?
Ned looked at the man with wide eyes. The man cleared his throat, and began.

?Once there was a boy. He lived right by the sea. One room of his house was covered with mirrors. The mirror room was his secret. He loved to come and sit in it. One day a man came through the mirrors. He said that he would tell the boy a story. The story was this:
?Once there was a boy who had a secret room. It was covered with mirrors. The boy was sitting in the mirror room one day. A man came through the mirrors and told the boy a story. The story was this:
?A boy sat in his secret mirror room. A man came through the mirrors. He told the boy a story that went like this:
?Once a boy sat in a mirror room. A man came through the mirror and told him a story. It went like this?.?

After searching all night, Ned?s parents called the police. They broke through the wall. They found thousands and thousands of Neds, in little pieces, twinkling in the light.

Captnjack
April 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Hi
hope you are feeling better A. That story I can relate to, too many Neds. Close your eyes imagine a cruise on a beautiful sparkling ocean where the sea sparkles like diamonds and then imagine a big screeching sound as your sister parks the boat again on a rock. I do believe you guys need a lesson in seawoman ship.
Unfortunatley cant help have to run took the day off work going sailing.

All the best take care
Capt

FallenAngel
April 9th, 2008, 07:37 PM
sounds wonderful

Captnjack;307610 wrote: hope you are feeling better A.
Close your eyes imagine a cruise on a beautiful sparkling ocean where the sea sparkles like diamonds

Mmmmmmmm..... yes, I can imagine that.... thank you Capt'n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB8bBq4_geU[/video]]YouTube - Cowboy Junkies - Mariners Song

The last of man's great unchained beasts lies lapping at my door
I would give it what it wants, but I do know,
it would just ask for more

flyinhigh
April 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Angel , I love the story and it's presentation! Funny how that was written during elementary school years but still resounds today!

Now Capn, what is this? Are you complaining about low # of AF days?
Now truth be told...your # is higher than mine, so I guess I should be the one bowing (and apologizing for having to involve the coast guard in our rescue)

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:5oO3h7aiFGsJ:http://www.uscg.mil/history/FAQS/SOS_Coast_Guard_Poster.jpg
Congratulations and keep up the good work...we are here for morale and support. No slacking in the patting ourselves on the back!:wd::

IAD...what's this...alpha male?

Please take a look at angel's and my last collaboration...enjoy, their will be a test on Friday!!! Don't study the tips too much, publishing dept made us put them in...
http://spiralbound.net/content/images/whiped.jpg

Angel, should we use some photos of Guy's fling in the next issue?

tlrgs
April 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM
321 just a test look out

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Where's Chuck??

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/Real%20Life/my%20projects/IMGP1034.jpg

Back in the 70's in English class, we were given a small collection of short stories that were written by other middle school students in the U.S. The story "Mosaic" captivated me from the first time I read it. I was amazed at the writing skill & imagination that a person of that age possessed... and have saved this story for about 30 years. Several years ago I made a calligraphy project from part of his story. I've been planning on making a book out of glass & mirror with the entire story to go along with the sculpture.
I have always wondered what became of Charles... did he put his talent towards a writing career?? Maybe he is a well-known writer.... I wonder. I would love to find this person, and let them know how their story written so many years ago has been so cherished... and even inspired art projects. I do have his last name, but didn't want to put it out on a public forum... if anyone is interested in helping me "find Chuck".... please pm me... thanks.

Excerpt:
?Once there was a boy. He lived right by the sea. One room of his house was covered with mirrors. The mirror room was his secret. He loved to come and sit in it. One day a man came through the mirrors. He said that he would tell the boy a story. The story was this:
?Once there was a boy who had a secret room. It was covered with mirrors. The boy was sitting in the mirror room one day. A man came through the mirrors and told the boy a story. The story was this:
?A boy sat in his secret mirror room. A man came through the mirrors. He told the boy a story that went like this:
?Once a boy sat in a mirror room. A man came through the mirror and told him a story. It went like this?.?

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 12:42 AM
All in due time

IAD;307077 wrote: " Domince & Submission ! I' m
not worthy, I'm not worthy..........! IAD !

A Masochist is standing on a street corner. A Sadist walks up to him & the Masochist yells out
"HIT ME HIT ME!"
The Sadist looks at him and calmly says 'no'.

IAD-
Just thought I'd let you know that your fling
has been delayed.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/agatha091501/pain-1.jpg

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 01:30 AM
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwRNIJz8DmM&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Red Green Show - Dog Wash

Captnjack
April 10th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Hi
Just checking in hope every one is well
By the way I had the most wonderful sail today to say happy birthday 7 days sober
Kind breeze no work mobile OFF SPARKLING BAY FULL OF DIAMONDS.

All the best Cap

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
For my chatroom Darrens

Kids In The Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGb5453xjxk[/video]]YouTube - Hooker 4 Life

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I'm so proud of you!

Captnjack;307801 wrote:
By the way I had the most wonderful sail today to say happy birthday 7 days sober

.....OFF SPARKLING BAY FULL OF DIAMONDS.

A huge congratulations on your first week! I'm so glad you did something special to celebrate it! And look at you... now you're already into your 2nd week! ...my my.... how time flies when we're having fun! :)

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o237/NymphoHo/5769500017016b25d62c320b2e3a6541.jpg

P.S.
You keep talking like that, you're going to melt the northern ice caps! lol

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Girls Night Out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwnAdT9I_o[/video]]YouTube - Kids In The Hall - Chicken Lady At Strip Show

tlrgs
April 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
:alf::alf::dancingskel:goodmorning

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Why women live longer than men

tlrgs;307934 wrote: good morning

A very good morning to you tlrgs!
I see you've been working on your truck this morning.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boys%20are%20stupid/b708.jpg

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 01:00 PM
First Fling With The Boomerang Chair

flyinhigh;307628 wrote:
Angel, should we use some photos of Guy's fling in the next issue?

Speaking of our favourite victim volunteer.....

I've got him tied up just the way you like them buckled safely in the

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boomerangchair.jpg

You ready Guy??

I hope I have this thing adjusted right ;)

waiting on your countdown Flyin'.....

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
What did you purchase from Kevlar Corp???

Guy...
a parcel, or rather should I say "shipment" arrived for you this morning while you were out. Being the good friend that I am, I signed for it & gave the cute Courier Guy a tip he won't be forgetting for a long time ;)

Anyhoo...
it's not that I don't trust YOU... it's just that WE don't trust boys...
so I've got the girls blowing it to smithereens checking it out before I let you get your greedy little hands on it....
I'm sure you understand that this is purely standard procedure, and it will be a cold day in hell when I trust you again does not reflect our mistrust of you in any way.

Angel

cmhguy3
April 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM
It Finally Arrived!

Ladies,

The UPS Man delivered my new Acme Fling Suit model #8-b12. I am now ready for my next fling! And I am also no longer worried about duct tape!

Bring on the DB!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Guy

http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/spinoff2002/images/065.jpg

cmhguy3
April 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
PS and did I tell you it's HUGE!

LOL

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
teeny weenie

cmhguy3;308107 wrote: PS and did I tell you it's HUGE!

LOL
The suit?? LOL
I got my trusty magnifying glass out to try & see what you were talking about. You said you got the #8-b12???? Looks more like the # RUA Eunuch2

P.S.
Yes... I see you're very cheeky today ;)

flyinhigh
April 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM
its a bird...no a plane...no its...

BLAST OFF!
it's

SUPERGUY

http://th217.photobucket.com/albums/cc147/msanc1206/th_superman.jpg

nice outfit...where's supergirl to save you now?

what's this i see?
http://th300.photobucket.com/albums/nn5/sfacchi/th_samantha7.jpg

oh YOU do love it!!

http://th18.photobucket.com/albums/b146/look_at_the_clouds/pictures/mr%20men%20and%20little%20miss/th_th084317840X.jpg

flyinhigh
April 10th, 2008, 09:37 PM
congrats capn

Sweet capn

Congrats on your week, hope the coast keeps clear!
http://th206.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/Jenniejam07/th_jamRorschachs_FireDance.jpg

flyinhigh
April 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM
IAD!!!!

You are on the docket for....
a treat!!
for your ways are calling for a whippin'!!!

Im on the fitness thread too...what's this sh*t you say...FIVE POUNDS???
what are you eating? def. not the tasty treats, angel and i are serving up!

http://th282.photobucket.com/albums/kk255/acountryfarm/th_ccc16144_96.jpg

Here at our lovely humble home we have some ways for you to lose some pounds the simple way...please make sure the livestock behave!

http://th105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/belgianpancakes/Paint-Comedy/th_Torture.jpg

FallenAngel
April 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
flyinhigh;308417 wrote: 5
BLAST OFF!

Uhhh Ohhhhh......

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/tridentblow.jpg

Back to the ol' drawing board....

Captnjack
April 11th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Hi folks,

Thanx for the encouragement Angel and Flying it means a lot to me," thankyou". You are wonderful . Tonights proving to be bloody harsh though!!!! aaaah. Any way I will not drink!!!! scurvy dog this bugger be:cool:.

Um the Guy launch was not as bad as you think,,,, I think it was a success I just heard a loud thump in my back yard LOL and the dog senses fresh meat mmmmm???But dont worry Guy I wont let her out of the house. Your biggest worry is how to get back to the states and sorry you cant borrow the boat she is still in for repairs after Flyings parking (mooring) effort.
Take care all

Captn:)

doubter
April 11th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Return of the Prodigal

Hello everybody,

Back after quite sometime. Last posted on all fools' day. Great that Angel hadn't fallen for my Trojan horse post of capitulation on first of April and has been continuing on her merry ways. Had a hilarious time reading the posts of the last ten days in this thread and nice that a lot friends have joined in on the thousand mile journey.
After coming across Angel?s delusion of causing me grievious injury, I again itch to get into the ring, but yes now realise the futility of taking up cudgels against the master at present , more so because I post so infrequently. The Devine Boon and the fortification of Citadel Angelville seem to have temporarily scared the wits out of the normally unflappable Doubter.

Captnjack, wonderful to meet you on the Forum and three cheers for being alcoholfree for a week:applaud:. This is an awesome achievement as the first few days are the toughest. Slowly, our natural coping mechanisms take over and the craves ease out gradually. Be on the thread and surely beating booze will be relatively less difficult. By the way are you Hemingway's Old Man? The way you bring the sea to life, you sure must be?
And yes Captnjack, the dictionary that I digested as a kid had a hard time coming out of its normally-designated orifice, and occasionally finds recourse through my digits?:cool:
Seriously, I am not a native English speaker and so sometimes ( truthfully, more often than not), my posts appear stilted.

Flyinghigh! Great to read your posts. You would have made a worthy opponent to Angel, but AngeltheDeviousDemonWhoKnowsWhatsGoodforHer has already enlisted you on to her side. Our loss, but DoubterTheLionhearted doesn?t lose hope easily..still have plans on engineering your defection, especially now that enough guys have converged on to the thread.
? And coming from the developing world and seeing what damage alcohol can wreck on the deprived, I fully agree with your post on bringing back prohibition.

Hello cmhguy, hippie37, IAD and other regulars on this thread. Hope to move forward with all of you in this quest for sobriety. With guys like you around, I feel a little bit safer on this ultrafeminist thread..
Hippie, you had a great post in ?The Cosmic Perspective?:goodjob: and having a nascent interest in spirituality, would like to exchange thoughts. And it was nicely balanced with an even more thought provoking thread ?Hot Topic-?? Such insight,wow..:wd:
Thanks all for listening..And Angel, the field is again left open, bring on the trebuchet, the catapult & the fireworks?DevilmaycareDoubter?s all warmed up and running..

DoubtertheBoozebuster - 42 days AF

Captnjack
April 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Doubter

YOU ARE AN EXCEPTIONALLY verbally gifted funny bugger. As for not being a native english speaker well crap to that you have a command of the language like no other englishman I have met.
I wish I had a voice like Hemingway in the old man and the sea but this old salt is nothing more than cliches and before you take pity dont because its bloody true

You are the gifted writer my freind and calling this a ULTRAFEMINIST thread I believe has just sealed your fate with the sisters!!. I hope your parting isnt to painfull LOL

Take care Captn

FallenAngel
April 11th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Whew!

Captnjack;308537 wrote:
Um the Guy launch was not as bad as you think,,,, I think it was a success I just heard a loud thump in my back yard

You mean Guy is okay??

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/speedymikhail/crater.jpg

cmhguy3
April 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Captn...thanks for confirming to me where i landed! Alas, now I can only hope the delivery team will be able to find me with my latest ACME CO. shipment......I will need their latest inovative product to get back to the States..........

Guy
DAY 19!!!!

FallenAngel
April 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
&#34;...I am the master of my fate, I am the Captain of my soul.&#34; ~William Ernest Henley

Captnjack;308537 wrote: Tonights proving to be bloody harsh though!!!! aaaah. Any way I will not drink!!!! scurvy dog this bugger be:cool:.
Ah yes.... been there myself Capt'n.... many a time... even now, cravings surface once in a while....but not as frequently.
My friend, you have it EXACTLY right!!!....... "I will not drink!!!!"....
THAT is the key to your success right there in those words "I will not drink". Right from the start, my self talk has always been "no matter what life throws at me... no matter how I feel...no matter how much I may want one...no matter what..... "I WILL NOT DRINK".
I remember a couple of months ago I was having a tough time one night... tried to get in touch with one of my online friends, but they weren't around. The next day I saw an email from them asking if I was sober. Of course I'm sober silly!!.... just because I rant, rave & cry doesn't mean that I'm going to have a drink!! LOL
I have made up my mind, drinking is no longer an option for me... although there are times when I want one so bad, it's not going to happen... that is a personal promise I have made to myself. I'm old enough & have gone through enough to know how important these promises are that we make to ourselves... to go back on my word to the person that needs me the most.... the one that I neglected for so many years.....the one that I broke so many promises to... is something I couldn't live with now.

Always remember.... A Craving Is NOT a Command

FallenAngel
April 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Angel to the rescue!

cmhguy3;308724 wrote: Captn...thanks for confirming to me where i landed! Alas, now I can only hope the delivery team will....
get (me) back to the States..........

We can't be having you feeling up any down-under's,.... it's the weekend & we need you back here! We have all sorts of fun activities planned, we'd hate to see you miss out on ANY of them! :b&d:

After threatening pleading with the Coast Guard, they realized I was not one they want to do battle with what dire straits you are in & helped to get Captn's boat off the rocks.
We're USCWOAP again because of Flyin's drivin here.....Ready to go home???

In 5....4...3......

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/fling%20things/f802_SM2Launch02.jpg

*fling!*

FallenAngel
April 11th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Enjoy Your Weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOnImguoWk[/video]]YouTube - Funny Midget Skills

doubter
April 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Hi Captn

Captnjack;308683 wrote: Doubter

I wish I had a voice like Hemingway in the old man and the sea but this old salt is nothing more than cliches and before you take pity dont because its bloody true

You are the gifted writer my freind and calling this a ULTRAFEMINIST thread I believe has just sealed your fate with the sisters!!. I hope your parting isnt to painfull LOL

Take care Captn
Great to see your response, captn. Yes I do have a very romantic notion of the sea, gathered mostly from what I read and also the stories I heard from some of my classmates who went into merchant navy.

And yes I know that I dug a hole for myself with my post, but expect you to be on my side when I take on your sisters ...lol

And captn...I am banking on you to see me sober..we both shall sail together on this ship to sobriety...

..and let the shouting begin..

for me... 43 days al-free !!

and waiting for your shout in response...

Doubter
:)

Captnjack
April 12th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Dear doubter
9 days and struggling but hanging on not shouting yet. Now this faint print thing is quite deceiving they are not MY sisters. They are however very sweet and have been very supportive of my sobriety while they flogg you and Guy to death. However I think my days are numbered ???. Cat and nine tails and ten years before the mast and all that. You must see the wisdom in my ways( is "ways" a word Hemingway would use??) be kind and loving to them and you don't DIE. Simple "math 101" if you get my drift.

You are a kind person doubter and 43 days is bloody fantastic well done my man you are a inspiration.
BEWARE the sisters though 43 equates to 43 lashes with the cat or a 43 mile fling with there fling thing

Take care my freind Captn

cmhguy3
April 12th, 2008, 11:47 AM
return trip

Hey All,

The ACME package arrived and I am headed back to the States after my last fling!

To Be Continued...

Guy

http://www.symscape.com/files/images/jetman_0.jpg

FallenAngel
April 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Say Your Prayers

doubter;309284 wrote: expect you to be on my side
Can't I even sit down for a nice relaxing cup of coffee :ranger without having to deal with you first thing in the morning??

Alright Bucko... you've asked for it :boxer:
no more MsSweetAsSaccharineAngel for you...the gloves are coming off...
how http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/MWO/darren2.jpg-N you

FallenAngel
April 12th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Rocket Man

cmhguy3;309370 wrote:
The ACME package arrived and I am headed back
http://www.symscape.com/files/images/jetman_0.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Fredcat/Cats%2002/Cat-CatAmongBooksItsNotRocketScienc.jpg

Oh wait... I guess it IS!!!

flyinhigh
April 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
oh boys.....

Well, boys...as angel and i relax on this sober sea ride...would you mind fetching a few items for us in preparation of guy's landing. I don't want to move from my observation spot here on the deck...I will need my 12" kangaroo hide whip...and angel my dear sister....what would you like these fine boys to fetch for you?

And doubter...didn't you get the message? All men are to comply...black ties...not red! Next time a consequence will ensue!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h255/BFLDana/3050-R1-22-23A.jpg

FallenAngel
April 12th, 2008, 06:34 PM
a little to the left... mmmmmmmm.......

flyinhigh;309496 wrote:
...and angel my dear sister....what would you like these fine boys to fetch for you?
After I finish having my [COLOR=White]way with them full body massage
*thank you again boys coos Angel dreamingly* I was thinking maybe we could get the fellas to haul the cannon over to the 'Hood.... you know how I just love watching them work up a sweat under the hot blazing sun.

[SIZE=5]I gotta hand it to ya Flyin... you whipped those boys into shape in record time! I had my doubts...
[CENTER]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/boys%20are%20stupid/_38150417_python300bbc-1.jpg

Yes....yes...quite a transformation....

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/amiciziavero/chippendales.jpg

....oh yessssss..... you did good Flyin....

OH MY..... is it getting warm in here??.....

oh dear...
I think I'm feelin faint..... help me...I'mmmm fallen....

*Thud*

doubter
April 14th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Good Day Captn

Captnjack;309308 wrote: Dear doubter
9 days and struggling but hanging on not shouting yet. ...sisters. They are however very sweet and have been very supportive of my sobriety... be kind and loving to them and you don't DIE.

You are a person doubter and 43 days is bloody fantastic well done my man you are a inspiration.
BEWARE the sisters though 43 equates to 43 lashes with the cat or a 43 mile fling with there fling thing

Take care my freind Captn
Yo Captn,
Just wanted to say hello and If things are going all right,
bottoms up for your eleventh consecutive day of sobriety !!!.

Truth to tell Captn, sisters on this thread are extremely supportive and a large part of the credit for my sobriety goes to the princess of this thread who has been keeping me on my toes.

And I am not afraid of being dead on this thread, far from it...this banter is getting my creative juices flowing and giving me a high more enjoyable than booze ever could...

Lets stick together Captn,and move forward One Day At A Time! And yes we can expect tremendous solidarity and enlightening words of wisdom from the sisters and brothers..

DoubtertryingtomorphintoaBeliever - celebrating 45th Day of Freedom from self-inflicted Bondage...

:wave:

FallenAngel
April 14th, 2008, 11:51 AM
A day of celebration in Angel's quirky world

doubter;310156 wrote:
we can expect tremendous.... enlightening words of wisdom from the sisters..

That's what I'm here for... enlightening words of wisdom! LOL
Today is #1 pair of #8 red sassy shoe's 1st birthday..... isn't that thrilling news?? lmao
There are only 4 more pair to purchase...can't decide... do I purchase 2 pair today to commemorate their birthday, or do I wait until the end of July & buy all 4 at once to celebrate 2 years of being smoke-free & 1 year of sobriety?? Decisions...decisions.

excerpt from

The Red Shoe Diary

It was an eventful day for the red shoes...it began simply with the fact that the first generation now had to go in for some minor surgery.

Upon arriving at a well-known physician in the healing art of shoes...it was found that the door was locked & a big CLOSED sign hung in the store window. The Lady of the Red Shoes threw up her arms in disgust at where there could be found another ER for her little darlin's.

A man sitting on a park bench nearby noticed the Lady in distress & came over to comfort her. He was very taken by her shoes, and even more intrigued that the shoes on her feet also matched the ailing shoes in her satchel. He examined the shoes very thoroughly & a discussion in great length began over the heritage of said shoes. Another man wearing a bright red sweater which matched the shoes walked up & now became quite interested in the red shoe saga and joined in the discussion. The Lady of the Red Shoes told them her tale of searching the globe for more siblings of this fine family.....the infamous http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/shoes%20and%20things/golfclap.jpg ...and more. After the entire story was told, the 3 of them parted ways, and the Lady of the Red Shoes knew that the magical powers of her soles had once again entranced new admirers.

She recalled only days earlier a small girl child of only 7 came up to her & said how she loved her red shoes. "Ahhhh....another Lady of Red Shoes in waiting" she cooed to herself.

A new physician of skill was found later that day, but not before 2 others were summoned & did not pass the qualifications. The Lady of the Red Shoes looked sad at leaving her little ones behind with strangers. The staff & surgeons which were all gathered around the patient reassured the Lady that they would take extra special care & would return them to her in better health to live another day of being the sassy little red shoes they have always been.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/shoes%20and%20things/carmina_red_m.jpg

Happy Birthday my Little Darlin's!

FallenAngel
April 14th, 2008, 02:08 PM
You're right...I don't know when to quit! LOL

FallenAngel;310334 wrote:
Happy Birthday my Little Darlin's!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XcPU8VA36Q&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - Elvis Costello - (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes

flyinhigh
April 15th, 2008, 08:53 AM
happy bday

Happy Feet Days to you and your shoes.
I know that they are an essential support in carrying me through some tough days. I'm sure you, Angel , also find true comfort in their beauty and support. Do you think the boys that visit us have a fetish, such as shoes, or boats for that matter? Boys...since you've all run away hiding..how about an easy task for you? What's your vice that helps you through the day?

FallenAngel
April 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
It was fun while it lasted

flyinhigh;310865 wrote:
Boys...since you've all run away hiding..

I think my shoe day was more a Bon Voyage than a Celebration, Flyin.
Yes, I think you're right...they have all run away. I put out a trail of duct tape, and couldn't get either Guy or tlrgs to take the bait. Captn seems to have disappeared just like IAD... and Doubter has seemed to have lost his fighting spirit.

Alas, I think it might be time to pack things up and go back where I came from.
I'll haul the crate out from storage and you & I can start dismantling D.B. later. Too bad we didn't get to break her in properly.... maybe next time.

flyinhigh
April 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
wwaaahhhhh

http://th93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/heavenboundiwillbe/th_shs_babyAngelTornWing.jpg

Captnjack
April 15th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Still around

My dear angel and flying have been flat out with work not much time for anything including my fetish, RED boats ;). I have been ok. Take care my dear friends shall visit in more time

fair winds to ya
Captn:)

tlrgs
April 15th, 2008, 07:54 PM
hey what am i hearing you are throwing in the towel . packing things up . and i never got a chance to try it . ok i will come back later and see what you all are up to . lol..peace and god bless

Captnjack
April 16th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Angel are you ok ?? I have just set up the most wonderful boat FOR YOU most amazing sea to sail on and have made it so special for you!!!! please stick around you are part of my heart now. Please don't leave
A capt'n has 3 parts to make a heart you are one of them.
Please angel stay

Captnjack
April 16th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Angel
shopping for shoes???? . Us guys are getting a bit toey pardon the pun. Please angel come back. I for one miss you like a days sailing AND thats saying something.
OK enough nice bullshit get your sweet wings back here.
Love Captn

tlrgs
April 16th, 2008, 12:59 PM
angel where oh where has angel gone . are you out racing that sweet looking engine of yours. hope to see you soon on the broad

Captnjack
April 17th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Angel and flying goodbye

Dear angel and flying seems this thread is dead :upset:Anyway as a sailor have to set course for the next port. Hope to meet you there:) if not OH well thats life;) take care the captn is always there in case you find yourself in trouble. I love you i wish I could hug you. You have been great friends hard to find these days will miss you but I to have to set sail bye and take care

lots of love the Captn;)

Messenger
April 17th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Don't hate me, I'm only the Messenger

Telegram for Ms Flyin....

flyinhigh
April 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
ummm, yes this is flyin'....what's this a telegram for moi?.....

Messenger
April 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Manuel Labour

flyinhigh;312100 wrote: ummm, yes this is flyin'....what's this a telegram for moi?.....
Yes Ma'am...it says To Flyin From Angel c/o Captn's yaht, paradise... and down at the bottom of the weigh bill under special instructions, it says but don't tell her where I am or I will have to kill you Manuel.

Manuel's face suddenly goes very pale

IAD
April 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Ladies.....I have returned.
Come on with the abuse.....I'm ready ! LOL !IAD
( Fallen Angel/Flying High )

cmhguy3
April 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Flyin, Trlgs and IAU,

Dust of the Mystery Machince cause I smell a caper!

Guy

tlrgs
April 18th, 2008, 12:12 AM
oh yeah lets party. i got duck tape lots of it:dancingskel::dancingskel:

doubter
April 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
An Earnest Plea from the Archenemy!

FallenAngel;311052 wrote: I think my shoe day was more a Bon Voyage than a Celebration, Flyin.
Yes, I think you're right...they have all run away.
and Doubter has seemed to have lost his fighting spirit.

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Angel /Flyin I love you guys BUT:cool:

Im with doubter:) sorry I have never been in the presence of some one with such a bad case of verbal meglomania its exciting. I would like to see him flinged while reciting one of my favorite poems " The Song of the Ancient Mariner" the non abriged (short) version. Can this be arranged . ITS so good to be back in the dungeon of pain :l.
Love always Captn.

How could I leave this place:H I thought it was over and posted as such I was setting sail. I can not do that I have turned around and set course for home into my sweet angels (trap) um i mean arms.

Moored off this site watching and waiting

CAP

Messenger
April 18th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Ms Angel... Ma'am... telegram from the one you call LameAssName...
*handing over message with sweaty palms & quivering legs*

doubter;312366 wrote:

AngelWhoTemporarilyPretendedtobeDoubtersWorthySpar ringPartnerButNowseemtobehavingSecondThoughts !!

:poke:

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 11:31 AM
What is it now Messenger??

doubter;312366 wrote: Hey Hey Hey AngelWhoUncharacteristicallyisspeakingOfThrowingin theTowelInsteadoftheGauntlet !!!
Bon Voyage...my foot...rat's arse...And that too after grandiosely promising a journey of a thousand miles when we have only succeeded in stringing forward a few hesitant steps..

AngelWhoTemporarilyPretendedtobeDoubtersWorthySpar ringPartnerButNowseemtobehavingSecondThoughts !!

That Son of a ...... :bat
Captn... turn the ship around.... I've got some unfinished business back home!
I can't believe that DoubterTheEternalThornInSide has once again ruined
yet another perfect day...

and what are you smirking at Captn??

Hey..... shouldn't we be going the other way???? :question2:

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Nothing dear .Does this mean the house of pain is open for business and I do not need to post and delete anymore Please tell me this is true!!!!!!!

Captn who will have to delete this message because I AM the deleter Doubter save me !!!!!! She and her pirate cats have taken command the scruvy cats/ dogs I am not in command of my vessel Please help DOT DOT DOT SLASH DOT dottttttttttttttttttttttttt AAAAAAAAAAAAAA PLEASE i BEG YOU DOT DELETE>>>>>????????????????POOF

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Listen very carefully.....

Captnjack;312458 wrote: Does this mean the house of pain is open for business and I dont need to post and delete anymore Please tell me this is true

Captn who will have to delete this message because I AM the deleter

If I catch you deleting another post...I'll :stomper: .... I'll..... :b&d: your sorry :bum:

:badboy:

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Sorry can I have my boat back please
Guy AD MR t help

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm not falling for that

Captnjack;312465 wrote: Sorry can I have my boat back please
Is this some ploy that you and that LameAssDoubter have come up with??
I thought you were my friend Captn... we were having such a good time... and now you're bailing out... what about this shipment I was taking back for the girls??

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 12:13 PM
GUY MrT IAD Doubter for F@#$%^&* sake help me out pleseeeeeeeeeee

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Say your prayers Captn

Captnjack;312472 wrote: GUY MrT IAD Doubter for F@#$%^&* sake help me

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj297/peket_20/Bad_Boy.jpg

And wipe that smile off your face
:b&d:

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 12:26 PM
you're missing out on all the fun!

Flyin.... where are you??????

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guys I am dying ShITTTTTTT brothers save my sorry arse I cant believe you guys deserted me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA a feathered wing is engulfing me

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Captnjack;312485 wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO guys I am dying ShITTTTTTT brothers save my sorry arse I cant believe you guys deserted me AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA a feathered wing is engulfing me

Settle down Captn.... it's not ALL bad you know ;)

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/angels/angel4.jpg

Would you be more comfortable if Flyin was here holding you hostage?

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
yes

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
more duct tape please

Captnjack;312495 wrote: yes
Your wish is my command Captn...... now.... let me just finish prepping you for Flyin...
I think I heard her down in her playpen the dungeon basement.... she'll be with you as soon as she's finished making tlgrs, IAD & Guy pay for their bad behaviour as of recently feel welcome.

As for Doubter.... he's mine... all mine.... his punishment will not be diluted among the ladies... his suffering will come from my hands only...... you hear that DoubterThatDidn'tKnowWhenToQuitPokingAnAngryBearWi thAStick?

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/angels/Wrath.jpg

tlrgs
April 18th, 2008, 01:18 PM
:dancingskel::dancingskel::dancingskel::if we keep on m,oving they wont catch us .come on cap grab me hand . ok get up lets go

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Mr t Im fucked you need to keep the others away Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh DONT LET THEM GET YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I thought you were my friend... I thought you were on my side

tlrgs;312509 wrote: :dancingskel::dancingskel::dancingskel::if we keep on m,oving they wont catch us .come on cap grab me hand . ok get up lets go

Don't tell me that DoubterTheDoomed has lured you over to his side too...

thanks.

You could have told me this before I went out & splurged on a present for you.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/SocialReject/Duct%20Tape/52149449.jpg

tlrgs
April 18th, 2008, 01:46 PM
am coming home love the colors . she got tape alot of it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I had to change my original reply...

Captnjack;312511 wrote: Im fucked
:xxx:

... ok
is there anybody else that would like a go at this one? :anyone:

Captnjack
April 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
guys f#$%%^^^^ thanks for the help

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
My knight in shining duct tape!

tlrgs;312525 wrote: am coming home love the colors . she got tape alot of it yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a wonderful welcome home party!!

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb216/jazzyvee/bobby.jpg

And you put on your Sunday best too...
:jumpwow:
you really do know how to make a girl feel special!

hippie37
April 18th, 2008, 02:37 PM
FallenAngel;312526 wrote: :xxx:

... ok
is there anybody else that would like a go at this one? :anyone:
Mmmm.....TOO DAMN RIGHT I'LL HAVE A GO!!lol

I'm onto you!!lol

Love and Happiness
Hippie
xx

tlrgs
April 18th, 2008, 02:55 PM
duck tape man to the rescue here i come to save the day ..............oh wait am underdog thats right

FallenAngel
April 18th, 2008, 03:13 PM
It's all your own fault...

Captnjack;312528 wrote: guys f#$%%^^^^ you thanks for the help notttt

if you would have stayed with me,
you would have been safe...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/teigan_2006/angels/GuardianAngel1.jpg

but, Nooooooo!
I think you're right... you're fucked!