Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it OK work out when

you have a hangover? :sofa:

I just don't want to get too run down or anything and I've never heard any educated advice on this.
    Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
    - George Jackson

Is it OK work out when

I'm not expert, but I think it would be ok. I've done it in the past and it helps to sweat out the toxins.

But please pay heed -

1) Workout ONLY if the hangover is not severe. If you are too hungover there's a good chance you could cause yourself some sort of injury. And that's a big NO-NO.

2) Make it an easy workout. Don't push yourself. A lite jog or an easy swim. I would stay off the weights if you are hungover.

3) Lots of fluids!

4) You must always listen to your body! It will automatically give you answers.

Hope that helps, hun. BTW - I commend for the simple fact that you are even considering working out w/a hangover. Bless you! lol

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Is it OK work out when

I think it's okay, too. So long as you are not DESPERATELY so. In that case, doubt you would want to anyhow!
      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Is it OK work out when

Myheart, I will ask my personal trainer at 5:30 Am Tuesday and call you. Make sure you have the phone nearby :H Really, I will ask. He knows about AL in my life and I have no problem asking him. I'll get back to you. If you belong to a gym that has a sauna I'd get in there and suck down a gallon of water. Tues will be my first session.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Is it OK work out when

Thanks everyone! As some of you know I'm trying to be AF during the week and only drink on weekends. Well Saturday night I was like the fat girl that just got her chocolate back, ya know? I guess this whole thing is a process.

Greeneyes, I have to remain anonymous here but hellyea I want a real answer from a real trainer....please PM me. And the great thing is when you tell the trainer this advice is for a "friend", he's gonna think it's really for you :H I had a trainer a couple of years ago and she used to tell me she could hook me up with any kind of drugs I wanted! I think yours might be a little more serious about health!
          Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
          - George Jackson

Comment

Is it OK work out when

If my workout day falls on a day where I am hungover, I go and do my workout. I make sure I have lots of water. stretching is important. A trainer would tell you to stop drinking. I tend to do light exercise or swimming. when you are dehydrated it is easy to injure yourself, so keep that in mind.
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Is it OK work out when

Oh gosh - I remember the days of going to the gym on a Monday after spending the weekend in the bar drinking cheap draft beer. Oh the smell! ;-)

I think any sort of exercise is Ok and will expedite the booze out of your system quicker. Just don't go if you have high blood pressure. Being hung over and having high blood pressure can result in something very bad.

Other than that - have fun!

Comment

Working...
              X