Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Booze Busters 30 Day AF Challenge!!! It's BACK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!! Those of you who were around last summer / early fall may remember the Booze Busters. This was fun challenge meant to support us in our quest to get Alcohol Free. Thanks to everyone who has welcomed me back after my struggles. I am more determined than ever this time.

A couple folks PM'd me suggesting we resurrect the Booze Busters 30 Day Challenge. So here it is!! Got Questions???

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more days consecutive days are welcome.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'. Fugly Green Suit and a Big Butt Kickin'

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the fall!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. You are welcome to use that idea or any other idea that suits your fancy. Don't let us miss your 30 Day Celebration because you are too quiet about your stats!

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

HUGE thanks to Music Man and Buffy who got this whole thing started oh so long ago.

DG aka Alpha B*
    Day 4 AF ****
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Hi all. I'm in for 30 days, that's for sure. Back in the old days, you got to collect a :award: for every 30 days completed. An infamous Booze Buster that comes to mind at the moment is Satori, who I believe has a trophy shelf like this now :award: X 8 He could exchange all that gold for a LOT of Handbag Vouchers for She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Anyway, I'm here on Day 4 loud and proud. For much of my adult life, 3PM used to be the "witching hour" for booze. Well, until the witching hour got much earlier. 3PM is still my "witching hour" but NOT for booze any more. It's signals the time of day I dumped out my booze. (see avatar) SO..at 3PM CST today, I tear off another page and move on to day 5.

I've had enough of the Fugly Green Suit.

Come join the Booze Busters 30 Day Challenge!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

well im up for it, all these ideas u all come out with is great. i was like that dg, i used to start at 3pm and then it got earlier. it depending on how stressed i was and if i slept. but yep 3 was my time when i had it bad.

im day 17 AF

Comment

Whooeee DG!!!! I am ON BOARD!!!!

It's gonna be a fun ride!

So glad to see this thread back, it was always very near and dear to my heart. Anyone who is up for a challenge, and whole lotta fun, please feel freee to join us!

Welcome, Barebones - Cute avator! You are off to a GREAT start, :goodjob:with 17 days AF under your belt already! Good for you!

Look out, BoozeBeast - you're in deep trouble now! :alf::alf:

8 Days AF
        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

I'm In

Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

I'm in

Okey Dokey little Doggie I'm in too!! Don't want to be wearin that green suit and I love the :bling for the gold - so her I am 77 days lookin for a lot more 30's -

Liv
            AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Ok, I am in! This is my 6th day of working the program, and my 3rd day completely alcohol free.

I will need some help with how to put in the stars... am kinda new at the forum techie stuff...

One thing that has helped me at that witching hour is to listen to the CDs of the day.

I work the schedule exactly as it is laid out, because I want it to stick this time, and turn into a "forever" life choice to be liberated from the "Venus Fly Trap" that sucks me down at the very first sip!

Comment

So good to hear such a positive attitude by everyone!

Count me in Doggygirl....I'm glad you're back..

Don

Comment

WHEE!!! We're gonna take down the Booze Beast 30 days at a time.

Welcome barebones and congrats on 17 Days AF*****************. Doesn't it feel good to be able to admit our former horrid habits to people who understand, so we can get it out and move past it?

HannahB - The Lady of the Pictures! Um. I daresay us Booze Beast Busters are better lookin' than the Ghost Busters were! Congrats on Day 8 ********

Hi Beck! Everyone who knows me tells me I need to learn how to "make a long story short." (ya think??) Will you teach me??? Glad you're in.

Hey Liv in those pretty new shades!! Blingin' for Gold. I like that slogan. Congrats on :award: X2 + *****************

Welcome fieldmouse and congratulations on Day 3 AF***. The program works if you work it. (and as I discovered, if you slack off working it, the Beast'll be back to kick your ass) The star is hiding in plain sight on the "8" key. You can make any text you want to a different color by:
                  1. Highlight the text (in this case, your stars)
                  2. At the top of the text screen where you are typing, there is a capital "A" just to the right of the "Sizes" box. Click on the little down arrow next to the "A" and a color palette appears. Just pick the color you want.

Chief!!!! I'm so glad you're going to join us. We NEED the wisdom of people like you and Liv who have multiple 30 day consecutive stretches under your belt. :award:X6? or 7? + some *****

Every day that somebody hits a milestone of 30 days, or a 30 day multiple, it's party time. We can't afford a secretary because we need all of our budget to buy all the Bling we're gonna need. SO...do NOT be shy about shouting out your stats and claiming your Bling. (Liv, I LOVE that word. You might be sorry you brought it up!!)

WHEE!!! 31 more minutes until I'm officially on Day 5. (I promise I'll stop with the "witching hour" day roll overs before too long. But for now...I like it!)

Kiss my petutie Booze Beast...

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Okay, DG, you are ON!!

Starting the 30 days AF with you!

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

me too!!!

Count me in on it too!! Glad you are back DG!! Hey everyone,let's ralley together for a 30 day stint of AF time!!:happy::yougo::wd:

YAY!!!:yay:

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Well, I guess I'll come along for the ride but if we are going to do some serious Booze Busting I figure let's do it right, so I brought along some help. OK everybody cough up the goods!!
                        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                        Watch this and find out....
                        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Who let the DOGS out, Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!

Oh, I just love the booze buster.. brings back old memories, most good - but had to wear the fugly green suit more than once before I got MY OUN SUIT!

Right on!!

xoxoxo

MM
                          Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

woof woof woof. let it roll baby let it roll. wow i think it is booze buster day 77 or thereabouts for me. so party on like a rock star
                            :welcome:

Comment

Me too!!! Count me please.

Janice xxx
                              20 days AF
                              AF since 9 May 2012
                              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Working...
                              X