X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gulp - copy from another board

copy and paste. I need help with this.
    gulp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or should that be gasp? Hubby wants to go to the mountains for 2 weeks. Camp and fish away from availability. As opposed to rehab. I wish I could say it was for just me. We fly fish. Standing in that mountain stream and fly fishing allows you to do nothing else. It's grounding. But it produces no income. I am supposed to start the personal trainer thing this week. I haven't finished the black hole. He is crying out to me, but I don't have my plane going down mask on. What am I going to do? I'm in a panic!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Hmm,

If you and he went to rehab, would it be any different?

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Beaner

Beaner ..... Questions in PM
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

hmm..

well..If i am reading between the lines correctly gb,Iit sounds like he needs to go take care of himself the same way that you need to be taking care of yourself.My heart tellks me that it would be safer for you (and i am coming from the angle of what is best for YOU here) to not yet throw yourself into such a position,as you are still on shaky ground yourself,you know what i mean?It seems like you have come a long way here and don't need to do anything that is going to emotionally skake you anymore than what daily life brings you anyway.I guess what i am trying to say is that maybe he would be better off w/ a friend who has no issues w/ dependcy to anything who can be his rock for a couple of weeks and YOU could have your time to really dig into yourself w/ NO interruptions during that time.I think it is good right now for you to be close to the things that are helping you,such as AA,the friends you have seem to bonded w/ here,etc.I know you and i have not really "talked" much and i really haven't read many of your posts,but i hope i am not too far off in left field here ...Just going from what your post says here today and you seem really tormented about this decision...I think that tells you a lot about what decision you want to make right there ..good luck sweetie,hang in there!!!
        :lRebecca

Comment

My honest opinion is talk to HIM (ie. your partner) NOT us..... he should be the first consideration ..ask him what he feels is best for BOTH of you...he must have some understanding of both your needs. It appears that he does want to re-connect (as tkeene says) and I would jump at that IF that is what you want....but I get the feeling it isn't.....
          ?We are one another's angels?
          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Thank you for your responses. Allow me to clarify. Last summer we went for 2 weeks. Neither of us engaged in our addictions. Well I did have a couple bloody marys one day, but I walked, rode my bike, fished. But when we got back... well it's a little more complicated that I can say, (extenuating circumstances) but we fell into the same pattern. I guess that is where meeting and therapy come into play. Perhaps is is the day to day grind and old habits that get you. I would do this in a heartbeat but I don't know if we can afford it. I have to get things in order first. Maybe I should just send him off and hope for the best. for him. I tend to land on my feet. I don't think I'll go on a drinking rampage. I have the gym, the therapist, AA, MWO.. sigh.
            sigpic

Comment

Greeneyes,

What Heavenly said... Between you and your hubby.

Huge thing there. Do not let his addiction bring you back down, please? But if you and he can reconnect addiction free with two weeks fishing, wow, it just may well be worth the two weeks without money and people asking for money and the usual noise.

I have done that in the past with my hubby. We just took off in my Ford F150 4-wheeler and went camping and fishing. Yes, bills were piling up and there was no hope of paying them because we were off together and he had lost his job.

It is still a beautiful memory in my mind. Greenie, I taught him how to trout fish. I showed him a pool at the bottom of a little waterfall and I said, "if you cast your line right there in the quiet spot, you will get a trout." He cast his line and caught a trout right off. I mean right off!!

I'll never forget the smile on his face and how relaxed he became. Life is not so complex, really. It is just figuring out what you truly want to catch and then where does it make sense to cast your line.

Figure out what you want and where to cast your line.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Greeneyes,

Sorry, cross posted. I still remember that time and cherish it and will cherish until the day I die.

Love,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

I posted on your other thread. I didn't knwo there were 2 of them.
                  Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Wow Cindi. I will never forget that last line. Ever. We call it the sweet spot. Will you be my therapist? Or my fishng guide? :h
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah, I shouldn't have done that. It' a bit of work.
                      sigpic

Comment

Cindi, I need a new personal psychologist ..... fancy a long, hard slog ?

May take a few years to complete though to get me in order !!!!

Heavenly
                        ?We are one another's angels?
                        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Me, too, Heavenly,

The blind leading the blind.

However, I believe we all have those "perfect" moments in life.

We just need to remember and understand why they were perfect.

Love,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Greeneyes, maybe you could join him for the first couple days and make sure he's ok and stable?
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, I'm kind of thinking that. Driving that little sports car through the mountains with the top down is not a hardship. :H I don't mean to be flippant, this is very disconcerting. I just can't help myself. Inappropriate laughter is my middle name.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X