Tuesday 18th March - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Absters from a beautiful spring morning in England!!! Thought I would jump on early (while my kids are still in bed!!) and get the thread started.

Well, I hit the gym again yesterday and actually didn't sit down last night until it was time to go to bed!! I stood and got all the family's ironing done, which just wouldn't have happened before. (I never used to do anything after tea, would collapse on the couch, with glass in hand of course!!) My husband is starting to notice and is asking where has all my energy come from!!!

Notice you have brought the old Booze Busters back Doggy Girl!! Well, the more motivation the better I say.....bring it on!!!

Anyway must get ready for work.....have a great day everyone.

Much love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

good job janice and thanks for opening this thread.

i made it to gym yesterday afternoon, and then came home to do housework.

whats on the cards today is, housework and maybe try to relaxe. i have AA meeting tonight.

in how im feeling i think im feeling ok today.

oh and janice its great when family memebers start to recognise the improvements we have made.

hope everyone had good evening and i hope today is good for you aswell

take care all

Comment

Hi Everyone, Day 18 for me. It is great Janice isn't it when you start getting so much more done. It's not just the physical energy but also that mental energy and motivation that gets you going.Things that need to get done just don't seem so monumental as before.
      Barebones- Housework is in the cards for me today too. Good job going to the gym yesterday, I still have to get that going and start working out. Hope everyone has a forward moving day. Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Good morning! Day 5 AF here and doing fine.

Janice, you sound so good, and I'm so happy for you!! LOL on standing up to iron. I can relate to that - I was usually in bed the minute dinner was over. Good that hubby is noticing the positive changes!

barebones - is there something in the air about gym and housework??? (hope not!) Now I like the RELAX part of your plan for today!

Aqua congrats on Day 18. Over half way to the 30 day mark. I've gotta get on the workout thing too. I joined Curves awhile back and I really like it. This week however, is dedicated to the World Figure Skating Championships and Man Pant Wedgie Sightings. Which starts in about 5 minutes so I gotta say hi to the Booze Busters and get my illegal internet feeds up and going!!

Hello to all who are yet to come and have a great AF day!!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Everyone: I stayed sober yesterday in spite being pretty down. I did go to an Alanon meeting last night (which helped). I'm taking life ODAT (one day at a time) & realize that this too will pass. It's not just my son, Jimmy. My life is complicated as most peoples' lives are. I know I'll manage...this is just a hard patch. I'll get through it sober. Aenesthesizing myself won't help anything...I have to keep telling myself that. It would only make everything much, much worse.

Take care everyone. I'll try to check in later.

Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning everyone!

Made it through a tough day yesterday. Was acutely aware that AL is lurking in my house (beer in fridge and wine collection). Didn't drink. That feels good. My witching hours are from 4-7 which coincide with the hours my kids need my attention so i don't really log in here during that time. I tough it out with tea in hand. Tonight and tomorrow night the kids have soccer. I run around the track while they practice. Having to drive and wanting to run keep AL from calling.

Glad to see everyone here is doing so well. Janice - good move on your part to tell your spouse and kids you won't be drinking. Aqua and barebones you are doing great. Mary, stay strong. DG, You have a fun day today. Will post on Booze Busters later. Today is day 44 for me.

Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Beck: You sound very strong, & I love your strategies. I will be strong today also. I think I'm 47, so we're neck & neck. Keep thinking of the gift of sobriety you are giving your kids. M
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary,

I do think of my kids - they are at/approaching the age when peers will start offering them drinks. I want them to say NO. They need to see that I can have fun/socialize w/o a drink in hand. It's tough but well worth it. You are a few days ahead of me in the count - I never want to overtake you. Stay strong. Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Been a busy morning already, didn't know where to start. Finally got my 30 days out of the way so I am making all my plans for the next 30. Got the Booze Busters thing going, that's all good! I will continue my daily visits here and as always wish everyone another kick ass AF day!

Retteacher, sounds like you are being tested and pushed real hard. Keep it up and push back *harder*! Going AF is hard enough on it's own without all the other garbage so many here have to deal with.

Everybody Stay strong! Don't let up for a second!! Hugs all around!
                  Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                  Watch this and find out....
                  http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Hi Everyone. Reteacher- HANG IN THERE! I can feel how hard you are struggling right now.
                    I know you know this and it is cliche but- this too shall pass. Like 4Theboyz said you are being tested. We all know what that is like. This is where people who don't have this problem who never comprehend this desparately hard struggle. Try to ride it out because , to repeat myself, IT WILL PASS. Like you've said before,I think, think through the drink. Think what it actually would not do for you. In reality it wouldn't give you relief at all. It will put you in a worse place. It's just the disfunctional part of your brain talking to you for the moment and you cannot listen to it. Stay Strong! Love, Aquamarine
                    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

YEAH!!

I agree that we have to CONTINUOUSLY be on guard against AL...............I for one, know from my recent experience/slip................It SUCKS, didn't think the drink through, sorta "forgot" how un-fun it is to drink...........I have a good "forgetter" and a broken one, in that I really have to exercise it so I remember next time AL comes a callin'!!

Everyone sounds so good, glad to have you all here and helping me, thanks!!
                      :thanks:

love,:h:l

MA
                      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

heya ABskis!

quick in and out......on the road again....check in from the road later

be well
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Aqua et al: Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I know I'll get thru this. This too will pass is so true - I've actually experienced the phenomenon. When things seem really bad, they usually have a way of moving up, even slightly. I will think thru my next drink thought. I won't let it get even slightly out of hand.

Love, Mary
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

hey everyone- how was everyone's st. patty's day?? i never got around to having that o'douls...kind of ate dinner and fell asleep... i feel everyone on the housework bit- i had a small housework tantrum last night- just so sick of doing the SAME stuff over and over and over... my husband has a broken handbone from dirtbike riding and has used that as an excuse not to do dishes for 3 MONTHS!!! it's making me crazy- like literally, i feel a little nuts today- hormones or something i don't know, unusually bitter about housework not enough to drink about it, but maybe enough to not feed my husband for a few nights...day 10?? i think for me- i need to start going to the gym- that could relieve from stress

Comment

back again ABunits!

all checked into my hotel. Mary you ok? hugs dear XXXXXXXX

went to the supermarket and got some snacks. passed by all the wine racks and mused over the fact that in days not long ago I'd have grabbed a bottle or two and hidden in my hotel room in my self imposed alcoholic exile. NOT happening! Productive and happy...just the way I like to be.
                              be well friends and great job on the AF days you all!!!!!!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X