Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

st johns wort

can anyone give me some info on st johns wort
    ive been really down as late and need some thing to help with these feelings but i really am un sure if it is safe to take and how long does it take to work
    is anyone taking it and has it helped them with depression
    i really do not want to take the stuff the docs give u for depression

thanks everyone

st johns wort

Hi seahorse,
    I used to take anti-d's then quit. When depression got bad again, I refused to take the meds. I've been taking StJohns Wort, GABA and 5-htp, and it works as well or better than any anti-d I've ever had.

If you want dosages I'll post those later, when I'm at home.
    FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

st johns wort

All I know is NOT to take St. John's Wort and anti-depressants.
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

st johns wort

vitamins D3 helps with depression.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

st johns wort

ive also just read it can damage our livers so is it wise to take when we really dont no how much damage we have done already with the amount we have drunk over the yrs
          just dont know whether to risk taking it

Comment

st johns wort

There are many other supplements that can help with depression.
            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

st johns wort

l take them and my doc said there safe,,,and l feel much better with them,,, l also take omega 3-6-9
              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

st johns wort

I did'nt know that St. John had worts,,,,sorry, just being stupid. LOL

Comment

st johns wort

It is my understanding that it should be taken on a situational basis. Not for ever and ever. Which is true of anti-depressants IMHO. So what is your intent? To take it a couple months while you go AF? Great. Do supps and exercise and the endorphins should reduce the need for the St. Johns. Make sense? Hope that helps.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

st johns wort

Noelle;293725 wrote: All I know is NOT to take St. John's Wort and anti-depressants.
                    Noelle, what happens if you do?
                    :l

Comment

st johns wort

This says it better than I can:

"Research has shown that taking St. John's wort can limit the effectiveness of some prescription medicines, including:

Antidepressant medicines
                      Birth control pills
                      Cyclosporine, a medicine that helps prevent the body from rejecting transplanted organs
                      Digoxin, a medicine used to strengthen heart muscle contractions
                      Indinavir and other medicines used to control HIV infection
                      Irinotecan and other anticancer medicines
                      Warfarin and related medicines used to thin the blood (known as anticoagulants)
                      When combined with certain antidepressants, St. John's wort also may increase side effects such as nausea, anxiety, headache, and confusion."

HTH!
                      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

st johns wort

seahorse;293423 wrote: can anyone give me some info on st johns wort
                        ive been really down as late and need some thing to help with these feelings but i really am un sure if it is safe to take and how long does it take to work
                        is anyone taking it and has it helped them with depression
                        i really do not want to take the stuff the docs give u for depression

thanks everyone

I have used it for years and it helps me with the grey winters..even in Florida. It takes using it for about a week for me to know it is working. *I* am afraid of prescription anti-d's. But that is just me.

Comment

Working...
                        X