Really Helpful Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Helpful Book

I'm reading this book called Trauma and Addiction by Tian Dayton. It's about the high connection between those who experienced trauma in childhood or recently and chemical abuse. It's really helpful in explaining how trauma impacts your ability to connect with your emotions. Very indepth but easy to understand. I feel so disconnected to past trauma and think if I could find the tools to feel what I felt, besides terror and numbness, I could establish some context for how I recreate those same feelings in my life now. I highly recommend this book.

Really Helpful Book

Thanks Always, I have recently rediscovered the Library service so I will have a look for this book. I was getting fed up buying books from Amazon/Ebay etc and then them just lying on the shelf if I couldn;t get 'into' them. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lxx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Really Helpful Book

Tea, do you have a place where you can trade your old books for new ones?
      Goal 1: Today
      Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Really Helpful Book

Thanks for the recommendation, Always Wishing. There's another book by the same author which also looks useful called "Emotional Sobriety: From Relationship Trauma to Resilience and Balance."
        With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Comment

Working...
        X