Thursday, March 20 - Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone- Up getting everyone off to school so thought I would start this for the day.
    Day 20 for me. I don't think I have gone that long is a couple years. I got to 90 days two years ago and then gave in and have up and down since. I feel much stronger this time around for some reason. Maybe some "brain" healing has occurred from all the repeated attempts. Lord knows I need it. We'll miss you next week Mary. Sounds like alot going on between your son and your parents. Hope all goes well.
    Determinator- I can't imagine what it is like to travel and be alone in a hotel. That would truly be overwhelming for me. You should really be proud of yourself to be able to stay AF.
    Doggygirl you sound like you are doing really good. Your attitude and enthusiasm is really
    uplifting and helpful, thanks.
    Hope everyone hangs in there today and has a positive day. Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Hi Aqua! Congratulations on 20 days. You sound like you are doing really well too. Sounds like your AM routine is getting kids up and out to school. My AM routine is getting the doggies up and out for a pee, and Mr. Doggy up and going, which I am about to go do.

Day 7 AF is feelin' good so far. I've got rocket fuel in my Kudzu today.

Just wanted to say hi and congrats to you Aqua, and a big hello and Happy AF Day to all who are yet to come.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Aqua
      Thanks for starting the thread, and "good going" on day 20!!!....Repeated attempts......I had them for years and it became very old!!!!....The same game, day after day with promises to myself that were never kept. Intentions were always good, I think you all know where I am coming from. There just came a time when I knew I was just fooling myself, I was getting older, and everything was at risk...I could either continue this roller coaster for life, or commit to stop...I wanted off the ride!! I think this time my brain agreed with me, and after the inital first week from hell, it just became a mindset..."I will not drink today", making no promises for tomorrow. As I have said before, I have many conversations with myself, and I guess I always will..Its ok....
      Mary, I hope you are able to get in some well deserved R & R, and all to follow...my wish for a good day!!
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Very Nice Aqua!! 20 day are something to be proud of the next 10 will go by quick. First day of spring and it's supposed to be a winter storm here tonight Uggh!

At least it's always cheerful and sunny here in Absville - have another great AF Day Abbers!!! :l
        Is Addiction Really a Disease?
        Watch this and find out....
        http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Hi Aqua,
          Its my 20th day AF too and so let's keep mthis going.
          D
          *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Char: I love what you said about the roller coaster. Been there, done that. It was pretty damaging to my self-esteem to resolve, fall down, resolve again, fall down again, etc. I know that I can get through life's difficulties wo/drinking. Plenty of people go through all kinds of serious crises wo/having to numb out. I'm going to be one of those people. No drinking today or ever for me.

Next week will be OK. My mother has a lot of chores & appointments for us, which will keep us busy. I know I'll miss our g-sons, but it's only for a week. I'll also miss MWO...please keep this thread going while I'm gone. It's my lifeline, & just knowing it's here will make me stronger.

DG: Your first week has been so successful. You must have been ready to give up drinking, because you didn't seem to get attacked by the week 1 cravings. Just use me as an example: I was still vulnerable, even after 2 very long AF stretches. What saved me? MWO. The day after the slips, I came here & 'fessed up. I didn't want to, but I received a lot of support & encouragement. I also got a few pretty serious pep talks. I love your by-line: problems really do get worse when accompanied by drinking. Why did I think they would get better if I drank? There's no logic to that, but drinking doesn't involve logic, does it.

I'll check back later. I'm off w/the littlest g-son to story hour. It's nice to be able to look the teacher in the eye wo/the same of a hangover lurking in my system.

Love, Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Cindi: I hope you're OK. Is the Antabuse giving you side effects? If so, perhaps there's something else that could be prescribed. Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Good Morning All,

Aqua, so glad for you. You seem to be really ready for this change. You all seem so ready for this change - i wonder why I keep fighting it. I feel like the most reluctant sober person on MWO! But I am still sober and that is what counts.

Mary, You are doing great - your resolve is wonderful. We will miss you around here. Have a great trip. Who knows - when you get back I may even have an avatar!

4tB, Will be a glorious sunny day here in Va. Kids are on Spring Break next week which gives me some down time (finally).

DG, I very nearly fell right off the wagon Monday night. But I would have been really embarrassed to go to the Booze Busters and fess up - on the first day. And I'm afraid that if I fall off the wagon, I'll get run over by the wheels.

Char, Thanks for reminding me about the rollercoaster.

Doubter, you are doing very well. You may want to join the Booze Buster thread as well.

Mary, i too am getting a bit worried about Cindi.

Okay - off to my day. Have a great AF one,
                Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Morning All,

I spent yesterday travelling, so I didn't have time to get on and post. I did have a drinking dream last night, where I was sitting around with my family drinking wine, and I suddenly couldn't tell if I was drinking AF wine or the real thing. I felt frantic in my dream. It was a relief to wake up and slowly realize that it was just a dream.

Congrats on your 20 days, Aqua. You sound like you are doing really well this far. It sounds like your slips have really taught you something important, and now you're really ready to go.

Well done on your 7 days, DoggyGirl!

I know what you mean about those intentions, Charlee.

I feel sorry for you 4TBZ--Another winter storm? Not that the weather around here has been great, but some people have had so much snow this year, I think that all the snow would turn off even a confirmed snow lover like me. Keep up the good work with your sobriety.

:goodjob:On your 20 days, Doubter, and Welcome, too!

I'll miss you Mary, but I hope you have a good time and a nice change of scene. We'll all be here with open arms when you return.

Beck, I love your screen name, by the way. Please don't think you are reluctant. I'm doing well AF right now, but I've had plenty of ups and downs and lots of ambivalence before my current AF run. It didn't take much to make me slip--at first. You'll get it and something will click. Trust the process.

Anyway, my sister just arrived, so I'm going to have a cup of coffee with her.

Hi to all that come later. I'm worried about Cindi too.

Hugs to all!

:l :l
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

checking in

I am just checking in today, feeling good at day 3/28....................

Everyone have a great day, very busy one here, so happy about that change!!

Love,:h:l

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Happy Thoisday ABeroonies!

nice to hear me pals all doing so well

on the road again but get to come home to my sweetie tonight...yeah!!!
                      here's an interesting mental exercise for everyone: think back about the period in your life where you were the most vibrant, happy, learning new things all the time, sleeping like a rock and generally "alive". when was that?

I'm going to take a guess and say it's when you were a kid. and .....alcohol wasn't even a nagging thought in your mind. food for thought!

be well friends.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks Deter for the reminder. I'm storing up some pretty wonderful memories (mostly w/the g-kids who bring out the kid in me) now that I'm sober. M
                        October 3, 2012

Comment

hey guys,
                          i've been busy but i wanted to stop in and say hi. determinater- ur so right about that- i had told one of my friends recently that we don't have any of the innocent fun that we used to and it is such a shame! it's like alcohol replaced all of our old activities which is just so boring compared to the things we used to do...day 13 over here- been noticing a lot of postive health changes- my skin has a lot more color- i've noticed and 2 other ppl have too...one of my customers swears i'm pregnant b/c of my new "glow", but i'm not. and my nails have been growing really fast. i guess that's what happens when u stop poisening urself daily

Comment

Working...
                          X