GABA Effexor HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABA Effexor HELP

I was just reading the holistic thread and from it understand that GABA and Effexor are contraindicated with a potentially fatal reaction. Does anyone know anything about this? My pharmacist could not find the contraindication in his database. Right now I am getting the flush and tingling I have heard about - what else should I be looking for? - would appreciate a quick response. Thanks! (So much for controlling my anxiety level!)
    Bunnie aka Time

GABA Effexor HELP

time...I have heard that about the SAMe...but gaba is not recommended either...the fatal with SAMe is from something like too much serotonin...I don't have my print out any more...I will google...and be back...I am sure you are fine...maybe just stop the gaba until you are sure...brb
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

I talked to my pharmacist about a month ago and she looked it up for me. She said there is no problem taking GABA or L-glut with any antidepressant. I don't know about the SAMe though. HTH!
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

those effe3cts could be just from the effexor
        "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

time_after_time;294858 wrote: I was just reading the holistic thread and from it understand that GABA and Effexor are contraindicated with a potentially fatal reaction. Does anyone know anything about this? My pharmacist could not find the contraindication in his database. Right now I am getting the flush and tingling I have heard about - what else should I be looking for? - would appreciate a quick response. Thanks! (So much for controlling my anxiety level!)
          The tingling is normal. some people react to GABA the way one does with niacin. it feels like flushing.
          One thing I did hear is that if you are bi-polar it could trigger either a manic or depressed episode.
          I am no doctor though

I take 1400mg of GABA with no side effects.
          You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

Hi ya time-after-time, took Effexor once and saw grey ghosts around me for three days, scary stuff. Binned them. Two health care professionals validated that experience as others had experienced the same. GABA can cause your symptoms, also have tingling/flush thing happening. Aunty Vic

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

Once or twice I took too many GABA's and had the tingly feeling. Maybe you are dosing too much??

I have never taken Effexor so i can't speak to that.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

GABA Effexor HELP

I suspect that what you are experiencing is entirely from the Effexor.
                "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment -Eckhart Tolle"

Comment

Working...
                X