Cider Vinegar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cider Vinegar

I have been told that the latest 'in-thing' with celebs etc is to take Cider Vinegar... hold your nose and just down it, while I don't usually buy into the latest celeb stuff I happend to pick up an old book of folk remedies and unbelievably (coincidence??) there was a part in it saying that ladies who wish to 'decrease their waists' should take two teaspoons of Cider Vinegar daily and that they would notice a difference withing months !!! This book was written in the 50's ------- Anyone know anything about this?? It was a friend of mine whose mother has been diagnosed with colon Cancer that told me about it, she said it was spoken about at one of the nutrition classes she accompanied her Mam to.

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Cider Vinegar

I never know if this is a myth or not but I have read much on apple cider vinegar being good for many things. I have yet to meet anyone who has had experience with taking it daily however. So go ahead Tea. Be our guinea pig and let us know how it goes......
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Cider Vinegar

Ahem, I was hoping as I was the 'finder' that someone else would volunteer to guinie piggy it. We should have a vote:

I vote Lucky as cider goes very well with Duck... or so Lushy told me.

Lxx
      Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Cider Vinegar

I'll be the guinie pig you guys. I'll start downing it right now. I have heard that it's good to balance your ph.
        never heard about the weight loss thing though.

H
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Cider Vinegar

I have read a bit about it myself. Very old folk remedy for longevity among other things. You can can a bit of honey to it to balance yin / yang thing but I forgot the details. Probably along the lines of trixie's comment. Put it in doggies water to prevent fleas but my doggies would give me the WTF? look and turn up their noses. :H Friend swigs it for leg cramps. She refuses to believe me when I tell her she needs to drink more water for that.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cider Vinegar

apple cider vinegar

Hi.
            I used it when I had a bad ulcer. It was helpful. A friend with occasional gastic problems had recommended it.

And for the taste: I put the stuff in a glass of apple cider itself, and couldn't taste the vinegar at all.
            Sounds dumb but it worked.
            Bunny

Comment

Cider Vinegar

That doesn't sound dumb. That sounds smart!
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Cider Vinegar

Here in the UK there's a produce called Honegar.....honey and cider vinegar ready mixed together. It's supposed to be excellent for alleviating arthritis and the big name in that idea is Margaret Hills (although she is now deceased and her daughter continues her work) who wrote a book, still in print, called Curing arthritis the drug-free way...it's an interesting read

BTW....I have tried it myself (mixing it myself, not the Honegar) and it tasted terrible LOL!

Love

Suze xx
                Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Cider Vinegar

I love vinegar...have since I was little...my grandmother used to make what she called a " Vinegar Fizz"....you take glass and put about 2 inches of vinegar...add a little salt and pepper...then take 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and put it in the bottom of the glass fast, while stirring, and it will fizz up over the top of the glass......you drink as much of the fizz as you can when it is erupting....

I did it with my boys when they were little.....they used to make faces and laugh...but would always come back the next time...

To this day, I can just drink vinegar straight up...it's good for you!

Don

Comment

Cider Vinegar

Don, I love vinegar too...and am game to try your V-fizz concoction. I usually mix a little Bragg's raw cider vinegar in a tall glass of still or sparkling water -- very refeshing!
                    ~K.

Comment

Cider Vinegar

Chief;297008 wrote: I love vinegar...have since I was little...my grandmother used to make what she called a " Vinegar Fizz"....you take glass and put about 2 inches of vinegar...add a little salt and pepper...then take 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and put it in the bottom of the glass fast, while stirring, and it will fizz up over the top of the glass......you drink as much of the fizz as you can when it is erupting....

I did it with my boys when they were little.....they used to make faces and laugh...but would always come back the next time...

To this day, I can just drink vinegar straight up...it's good for you!

Don
                      Is this supposed to be good for you? Sounds like fun
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

Cider Vinegar

I hear vinegar may make me ill on the Antabuse. Guess I'll skip Don's vinegar/salt/pepper/baking soda concoction.

Whew, glad I have an excuse.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cider Vinegar

To get any good from it you have to use ACV that has "the mother" in it. Like Bragg's, or I think Spectrum makes one. It is GOOD stuff!! (you may not find this in a conventional grocery store)
                          I love a bit with water on ice. It is very refreshing. I've used it on and off. I crave it sometimes when I eat lots of rich foods.
                          tons of benefits that I read about years ago when I was a health food junkie, but forgot now.
                          FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Cider Vinegar

cindi;297024 wrote: I hear vinegar may make me ill on the Antabuse. Guess I'll skip Don's vinegar/salt/pepper/baking soda concoction.

Whew, glad I have an excuse.

Love,
                            Cindi
                            Very interesting, maybe the vinegar will trick my body into thinking its had the wine...it's my understanding wine turns into vinegar if its over fermented, or something like that?
                            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                            - George Jackson

Comment

Cider Vinegar

Cider Vinegar... With 'Mother'.. unfiltered...

It really is a good internal cleanser.. but it has to be the unfiltered kind... with 'mother' as they call it. You can find it in the natural foods sections or a health food store. The regular stuff isn't the same...
                              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
                              X