Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soberchallenge Needs to Chat

Hey all,

Just saw soberchallenge's post and I think she could use someone to chat with. She would like to chat with someone who has done abs.

Could someone join in here?

Tx.

yes I'll try...just saw this! Sorry

Comment

Thanks Dolly!

Comment

thank you for you quick response. I am crying my eyes out and it's not like me. I am a strong professional woman and I cannot believe that my man would do this. But he has talked to me about not liking my drinking habits for several months (we have seen each other off and on for 8 years). i'm scared that i am going to lose him after we finally opened up to each other and made a connection. It's the drink.

Comment

Welcome Soberchallenge!

I'm glad you have found us...seems as though you've made some friends already!

I could drink a litre of scotch a day, more if given the opportunity, get up and do it all again the next day. I did this for years.

I have now been sober for a few years, thanks to Topamax, rehab and a good psychiatrist.
          I've recently dropped my Topamax dose down to just a wee bit at night and have no cravings but I do continue to take other medications for depression.

So, you see, it can be done. It's a long, hard journey and I required a lot of help and the unconditional love of my children but I did it.

I know that the demon is hiding just around the corner and will be forever but I plan on keeping him at bay for good. There is lots of support and words of wisdom here so please come back and join us. We are so glad you are here.

magic xxx
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Dear Sober C.

Dolly showed up......and we were there.....sorry you couldn't make it!

KH
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi soberchalenge and welcome! You will find alot of support on this website. Read and post often and I encourage you to be AF! One Day At a Time!!
              Love and Peace
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Sober C.... Well done for coming here, this site will help...

Make up your mind as to what you want, drink or your boyfriend...

Drink is only a short term comfort.... Boyfriend, long term, maybe!!!

Good luck and keep posting
                TIGGER1 :l

Formerly Mr Boop

Comment

soberchallenge;296533 wrote: thank you for you quick response. I am crying my eyes out and it's not like me. I am a strong professional woman and I cannot believe that my man would do this. But he has talked to me about not liking my drinking habits for several months (we have seen each other off and on for 8 years). i'm scared that i am going to lose him after we finally opened up to each other and made a connection. It's the drink.
                  Can understand your situation...I have found that to start the road to recovery, you first admit to yourself
                  that you have a problem, which you have, and then explain to the other person in your life that you have
                  a problem and not be ashamed of it.. just be honest and try not to hide anything...I did this weekend.
                  I told my partner I was taking the meds from my MWO for myself and doing this for myself..In the past
                  I would have try to hide it...But I am ready to be sober all the time and enjoy life and to do that I have to
                  be honest with myself and everyone else. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X