Sunday, April 23- Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone and Happy Easter. Up to begin getting ready for Easter dinner. Day 23 for me.
    I hope everyone has a really positive and strong day. Enjoy the day and hope noone is too challenged . Take Care, Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Hi Aqua and all to follow,

Easter dinner will be a big deal here - whole family. It is also the day I was going to start drinking again - i'm sure I will have that thought floating around in my head. Day 49 here.

Enjoy your Easter everyone, Beck
    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Happy Easter!!

Beck, why would you start drinking again?

Don

Comment

day 23 like aqua

its great having somone else with same amount of days lol

me full i ate a whole easter egg including contents, which was 2 cream eggs. now i feel sick doh.

Comment

Howdy ABers! and Happy Easter indeed.

last night went to a formal dinner with booze all over the place. Managed to get through no sweat happy to report. I did have two helpings of desert though

off to another celebratory dinner in about an hour. I thought I would miss the booze more than I do at special dinners but really I'm not. interesting. In fact I have trouble recalling a lot of nice dinners Dx and I have gone to in the past since I was drinking too much....what a shame.

be well everyone!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hello all in Absville.

I've been off the boards for about a week. Felt I needed a break. I spent too much time here which just wasn't good. I wasn't getting anything else done. In the beginning, I justified it because nothing was more important than getting sober. But I can't spend hours a day here anymore. But if you let me, I'd like to post back with you when I can. It may not be everyday, but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you guys!

Been reading all the past posts and you all sound so positive!! I love it! But these threads look strange w/o Mary. :h

Been staying AF - day 88 here. I'm finding it much harder cutting back on coffee than staying sober! lol I love coffee and I know caffiene is not good. :upset:

Well, I just wanted to pop in. Happy Easter all!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi everyone, just got back after a few days up north for a family wedding. Champage was flowing like a river and the bar was open all day......we were also staying in the hotel where the reception was held so I had every chance and every excuse to drink.

I've returned here today after 4 days away from MWO, happy to say I am on day 26. No one really cottoned on to the fact I was drinking sparkling water (except my close family) who were all going for it bigtime with the champage, wine and beer!!! I literally stayed on the dance floor most of the evening, had a great time and at one point when I came off I heard someone say when they were asked if they wanted a drink "I'll have whatever she's having!!!". Couldn't help but have a little chuckle to myself!!

Chief - if you're reading this - you know I owe you a big thank you for kicking my butt a few weeks ago. Thank you.

Looking forward to catching up with all your posts - hope everyone is doing good.

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

That is fantastic Janice!! :goodjob:
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

APRIL 23RD?? WHAT?? I lost a whole month!!! This thing has really got out of control!!!!
                  J

Comment

I must have fallen into a comain the black hole. i was pretty sure it is March. Maybe when I come out of the twilight zone the other2 black holes will be finished as well! What a delight that would be! :H
                    sigpic

Comment

You know I have to tell Bessie this. :H
                      sigpic

Comment

Good evening,

Chief, I really only started this AF thing for Lent. Just seemed like good timing and an excellent "excuse" for not drinking. All day I had that thing in my head that said I'd already reached my goal and what harm would a glass of wine do - well plenty. So I didn't drink and I didn't make excuses. I really would like to try to moderate one day but I'm nowhere near ready. I know you will want to know why and I can only say that I think most of us would like to moderate if we could.

Janice, welcome back. So glad you are doing so well. I lived in England for a few years and I really think it is harder to be AF there than in US. There is a different drinks culture. (or maybe I'm just remembering that England was where I rediscovered my inner alcoholic...at the pubs, antiques fairs, football pitch, any social gathering...)

Truthful, I do agree that this becomes time consuming. Please join us any time you can/want. Congrats on all those days!

Aqua, Barebones - 23 days, that is wonderful.

Det, Congrats on celebrating without AL and not feeling like you are missing something.

Greeneyes and Last, looks like we have Bessie's problem. One of the things I like about being AF is that when I make a mistake, it is just that and not the result of a AL fog.

Happy Easter All,
                        Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hi Everyone- wow I can't believe I wrote April this morning, and I wasn't even drinking. That's what happens when you are trying to do too many things at the same time. It's actually kind of nice to be able to laugh at it because it wasn't an alcohol induced mistake.
                          Oh well- sorry about that. Aquamarine
                          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Happy Easter Abbers,

I had a good day and a sad day.

The good news is, I was sober yet again and I had my son and his wife over with their two boys. We ran out early and got easter baskets for them because apparently mom and dad couldn't afford any. We also bought those plastic easter eggs filled with gum, etc, to hide outside.

My daughter, SIL and grandaughter were supposed to come over but apparently my daughter started drinking last night around 5:00 and has been drinking continually since then. Apparently when Destiny woke up this morning and found her Easter basket, opened it and took out the play clothes (shoes, earrings, veil, etc) mom started yelling at her "where did you get that? Where did that come from? and kept screaming at her."

SIL called and we came up picked up Destiny. At least she had some fun this afternoon.

The sad thing is, I have been drunk recently enough that it could easily have been me doing something like that.

My daughter's liver is bad, her hair is falling out, she is drinking to blackout again and as everyone here knows, there is nothing I can do. The only thing I can do is insure that the granddaughter is taken care of.

My heart is broken. I love my daughter very much.

I hate this disease with a passion.

Sorry to post such a sad note but it is how I do feel. I must let the good that has happened today overwhelm the bad.

Love to all,
                            Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi....I have 2 very distinct thoughts on this.....1. I am so sorry for the situation with your daughter....I can only imagine what it must be like to go through this...my thoughts and prayers are with you.....And 2.....I can't tell you how very proud I am of you. You are handling this with responsibility and dignity. You see your granddaughter is the one who needs attention, and you are providing that. You are not allowing this to be a reason to drink.....I applaud you.

We're here for you, girl... :l

Don

Comment

Working...
                              X