Booze Busters Kick Butt - Week of 3/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Day Booze Busters!! Here is a fresh thread for a new AF week in our 30 days at a time journey!

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next thread! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a [rul=http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?path=ARP/ARP116/Kickbu_C.jpg]Fugly Green Suit[/url] you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the fall!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your bling (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Collect a for every consecutive 30 days.

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.

DG
    Day 11 AF Double Digits WHOO HOO!
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Happy Monday! It's Day 11 AF and going good. Well, except for a cold or alergy or something that has me sneezing like crazy with itchy eyes, nose and sinuses. I've never really had much issue with alergies other than poison ivy so I don't know what's up. One thing is for sure - I'm ready for whatever it is to be over!

I know I missed people in between, and for that I am sorry! Keep checking in so I can catch up with everyone.

Beck - congratulations on Day 48 - me thinks 49 now! Awesome job. Glad you got some spring sun in VA for Easter weekend!

WW - LOL on the very bad Easter Bunny joke! The first thing that came to mind was "bada bing bada boom." Hope you had a good one.

barebones, congrats on Day 23, now day 24 I think!

Marshy - I hear you and wanting to get addicted to exercise! I need to get back into the Curves routine - I really enjoy the workout there. So far this morning I can't seem to go more than 5 minutes without a sneezing fit and that might not be too popular there! Good for you getting through the family day and turning down drink offers. Chocolate and ice cream is better than booze and booze right ? Congrats on Day 10, now I believe day 11

July, thanks for stopping by again to encourage us! 242 days is awesome.

on my way - congratulations on getting through day 6 while dealing with drink offers at the family dinner. GREAT JOB!!! Yes - not having any booze of choice around the house definitely helps. And jelly beans!

The World Figure Skating Championshiops were exciting, but are now over. So I need to get my head back into 'business as usual" and start working harder at our business! In good news last week, we are starting work again on a project that Mr. Doggy has been involved with off and on for nearly 20 years. (Mr. Doggy is a techno geek and we have a computer support business) Just about the time we were REALLY excited about the potential incremental business for 2008, we find out that due to some changes at the top, we might be losing one of our bigger customers due to politikin'. Oh well - hopefully the resurrection of the old project will come through (it has to do with a legal thing, and we're waiting on the judge's approval to move forward with figuring out a class action settlement...).

But...I think it's time to put on my cold calling hat!!

OK - enough of my rambling and droning on. Time to put on the subliminal hypnosis CD!

DG
    Day 11 LOUD AND PROUD!!
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

thanks doggy!

yep day 24 AF for me, im on my last week for being one month sober i cant wait! just wondering what do i get? lol i did ask everyone in another thread but cant remeber which one doh, anyone got any ideas in what way i can give my self a reward? i do give myself weekly rewards which i spend some of the money im saving towards horse riding. but hey a month sober needs somthing more lol.. so any ideas all is welcome.

i went to physio therapy gym today, which was good and i went to my day hospital. so that was my morning. i think computer time this afternoon.

good luck and well done everyone so far. keep it coming.

Comment

RIGHT - this is IT, I'm in folks.

Lx
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

barebones, that is awesome that you are treating yourself weekly to something you enjoy doing with the money you are saving. What kind of riding do you? You get to claim one of :award: as your bling bling every 30 days around here. In 3D life, come up with something FABULOUS. A dinner out to your favorite restaurant? Shopping? Put money in the kitty towards an awesome vacation?

Hi tea and welcome to the Booze Busters 30 day perpetual butt kicking challenge!!!! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

DG
          Day 11 AF
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Good morning, All - Hope your Monday is going well --

Well, I wore the fugly green suit this weekend - but have hung it back in the closet - and it ain’t coning out again!

Congrats to everyone (else) who did so well over the Easter weekend - Beck - 48/49 - good for you!

Barebones - Most people lose a little weight when they give up the booze - treat yourself to a new outfit! Or whatever else tickles your fancy!

Tea - we’ll start over again together, shall we? We’ll be “qutta sistas!”

Well, must drag this sorry butt to Curves myself today - and rework on losing the few pounds I lost last week - because THEY”RE BAAAACK!

Hope everybody has a great day!
            The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

OK Hannah Banana. GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE.

Nuff said.

That Fugly Green Thing looks so horrifying on you, I can't even talk about it. I don't want to know if your undies or your toothpaste match that Fugly Green Thing.

GET YOUR A$$ BACK HERE!

And now I'm going to mention calmly, that you should GET YOUR A$$ BACK HERE.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hannah, can I be a sista too? I wore that ugly green suit too. Today it is back at day 2. But this time I am going to show AL who the F***king boss is. And that would be me!!!!!
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Lukalee - You betcha! Let's kick a$$ together!!! This was one of those days - I haven't bought "office" garb for about 15 years or so, so badly needed some threads - went shopping today, and I'm sorry, I don't know how some ladies love this process - tried on a million different things, came home with a piddly little bag full of stuff - because nothing looked good on me! Must be the fugly green suit residue - or maybe the lbs. from Easter, or maybe just my old body trying to fit into todays' styles.....sigh.....never did get to Curves, which helps not at all.....I actually hope I don't get a call for work tomorrow, NOT ready! Mentally, or physically! I've forgotten how intimidating it can be to start a new job! And I know this is a passing "quiver of nerves", and I will get over it - but meanwhile - anyone got a hand to hold? Pweetty pweese?
                  The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

dust yourself off!!

Sounds like the holiday weekend took a toll: Drink, ice cream and jelly beans. I am proud of you all for you resolve in 30 day of abs!! I?m glad that you can try, try again. YES, there are do-overs!!

Day 7, one whole week, WOOHOOO, did not think I?d make it past the 2nd.
                    Jogged with my Mr. tonight and as funny as it sounds he had no idea I haven?t been drinking. He can sit down watch tube and drink a beer or 2?. and stop, meanwhile I would have pounded 3 or 4 big gin and Ts or 7&7s and be looking for the next. He has never hounded me about my problem although it is agreed that I have a BIG one.

These sober evenings have been great! I?ve been reading bed time stories to our youngest. I have a basketball team of kids (I look like a catholic poster child). We have a son who is profoundly autistic. I actually brushed his teeth calmly tonight without incident, a first!!

DG, hope your business prospect falls in line for you. Makes life a bit less stressful when you know there is regular business.

Also, what is up with the tops these days??? Long and lean, Yikes, there are parts of me that need to be minimized not exposed in a tight top like a sausage

All the best to the booze buster crew!!!

On my way
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

DG, Hannah, on my way,lukalee,tea, barebones & other friends,

I like the good positive enrgy this thread shares. Keep it going.

July.

Day 243 AF

Comment

Hi there - I joined last week and have been reading a lot of the postings - I think this is a brilliant site!! I have just had a typical Easter weekend - Too much to drink on Friday and Sunday as per usual - although a few months ago this would have been Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so there's a small start!! I want to join in the 30 day AF if you will help me along the way.......This is my Day 1 xx

Comment

Seen the light!;297687 wrote: Hi there - I joined last week and have been reading a lot of the postings - I think this is a brilliant site!! I have just had a typical Easter weekend - Too much to drink on Friday and Sunday as per usual - although a few months ago this would have been Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so there's a small start!! I want to join in the 30 day AF if you will help me along the way.......This is my Day 1 xx
                          The tougher the job the greater the rewards....::H

Comment

Hi there I joined last week and have been reading a lot of the postings - I think this is a brilliant site!! I have just had the typical Easter weekend - drnak too much on Friday and Sunday (as usual) although a few months ago this would have been Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so that's a small start! I would like to join in and aim for 30 days AF and hope you can try and help me on my way.... This is my Day 1 xx

Change your thoughts and you change your world....

Comment

thanks doggy for ur ideas, and good going on ur 11 days.

to those who wore the green what ya call it suit lol well get ya butts back in here as u know u can do this welcome to the new people, speacialy tea as she is from where i live im in the north east of scotland. the highlands is nice tea. so good luck to everyone for today being AF.

im on 25 AF***** today, plans for today is nothing really as its my rest day from the gym. all i have to do is take out my pepper for a walk and do a little house work. i have AA tonight.

doggy what horse riding i do is just a refresh private lesson just now while my daughter is at pony club. it looks like it could be cancelled again this sat because of the snow, so looks like i will just go to the gym again.

so again good luck booze busters! keep it up. im wanting that trophy at the end of mine in AA i have to wait for a year to get a bday cake for my year AF, so that is long away yet.

see u all tomorrow

xx

Comment

Working...
                              X