Tuesday - March 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday - March 25th

Well *another* cold overcast day in Boyzland I think I heard someone mention Spring a few days back, I not so sure anymore. So I will have to once again create my own bright sunny days here in MWO

It sure is going to be another great AF day if I have anything to say about it and I hope everyone here today does too!

Just a bit more sun should do...
    Is Addiction Really a Disease?
    Watch this and find out....
    http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Tuesday - March 25th

Hi 4theboyz and all to follow!! Where are all our "abbers"??? Its lunchtime here in England and only one post so far!!

Hope everyone had a good Easter weekend - I'm doing good - day 28 - but waking up with terrible chocolate & coffee hangovers!! Will have to tackle that addiction next but a girl's got to have some vices eh? The last two nights I've gone to bed with my ipod and the clearing tracks but haven't got far at all before falling asleep. Got to get my act together and do it when I'm not so tired.

Boyz, its been really cold here too and we managed to have a white Easter!! Sun is shining today though it is still extremely cold.

Have a great day everyone......Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

good morning

Hey all Abbers!! Thanks for starting us Boyz! Hey Janice, you sound good!! Yeah, it is almost lunch-ish here too. I am steeling some time to get on here, don't have much time to post, but wanted you all to know I am ok, AF and fine, just extremely BUSY!!! I seem to have gone from total boredom, to crazy one thing after another, don't know if I am coming or going!! No happy medium here!! Never has been, that is the nature of this beast!

Anyway, Hi to all who come, and I will go for now, getting all geared up for my family vacation to Las Vegas and Utah on Saturday, so every evening is busy busy busy too!!! We haven't really even started packing w/ all the school, baseball, dinners etc in the evening!!! YIKES!!! But we will be fine!!

Love you guys!!:h:l Miss ya!!!

MA
      :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Hi Everyone, Day 25 for me. It is really cold here too. Can't wait till it warms up. I'm waiting for the other foot to drop here because this time being AF has felt much better for some reason. I think maybe because I have been going at this for about two years and all the small stretches of AF have actually done some permanent good. But I do know, where I didn't in the past, to not let it fool you. But for anyone struggling out there just keep plugging away and don't get discouraged. If you fall back just get back up and move forward.
        Janice- I bought the CDs but I could not get through them once without falling asleep! I would fall sound asleep! Good to hear you doing well.
        Cowgal- Your vacation sounds great. One of my goal is to go to Utah with my boys someday. I'd love to ski out there. Enjoy!
        4TheBoyz- Hi, great to hear you so upbeat as usual. It's so great to get on here and see your upbeat posts.
        Take Care and Stay Strong Everyone! Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

It's cold here too, but the weatherman promises for a warm-up later this week. The sun is getting higher in the sky, and out of the wind, you can really feel it trying to warm up the earth. It's a nice feeling. Of course, in about 4 months, the people around here will be complaining about the heat and humidity, myself included. My tulips are up, and I've seen a few robins around, as well. The birds that I feed all winter are making perfect pigs of themselves, especially the gold finches. The will really be turning yellow soon, as mating season is fast approaching.

I've actually got a few hours at home today, and I'm really motivated to get some paperwork stuff done. So I'm off to do that. Beats drinking some daytime wine, getting little done, then having to sober up before I go back to work again. Bleech! A good cup of coffee makes me feel so much better, really--no fuzzy feeling and no guilt.

Have a good day all!

:l :l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

hey guys, its cold here and its been snowing again today. my pepper has been injoying it so least tahts somthing. lol

as aqua 25 AF for me.

was feeling bit down this morning, but och well. had this headache aswell. guess its just tension.

so anyway go AA tonight, good going everyone so far who has come today.

keep it going.

take care

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Hello all!

Again, it's so nice to see those AF days adding up for everyone. It's very motivating!

4theboyz ~ I can't get over the difference in your attitude from when you first joined MWO. It really makes me smile. I'm so happy for you.

Mary ~ we miss you! I do hope you are enjoying your trip as much as possible.

I can't believe how much better I feel vs a month ago. I was so sick for so long that I was beginning to think I would never get better! Day 90 here as well, so that's a real boost to the attitude. Research says that a lot of great things happen with the body and mind once you reach 90 days AF, so I'm hoping. I don't expect to actually "feel" amazing and immediate results, but just the thought that brain cells start rejuvinating, etc. makes me feel pretty damn good. I think when I reach 100 days, I will start to feel like I've really accomplished something.

Hope you all have a great afternoon and evening. Stay strong and focused!

Love, Me
              :l
              Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

4thboyz, Janice, Mary Anne, Aqua, Kathy, Barbones, Thankful, and all to come!!
                Hello and Happy Monday.

4thboyz - I sure wish I could send some of this sunshine your way. We are chilly,
                in the low 50s, but it is beautiful and the daffodils are perking me up big time.

Janice - Just try to make the chocolate fixes small ones and then it's okay. I love
                chocolate, too. One of my favs are the Lindt truffles, yummmm.

Mary Anne - Wow! You have been doing so great, especially considering hubby is not
                doing this with you. You are one strong lady!! Don't let Vegas get you. I am a Blackjack
                freak and could spend days and nights playing Blackjack. Actually, one of my dreams
                is to start playing Blackjack tournaments... Have fun in Utah, too. Most importantly
                take care of yourself and enjoy some family time. It is so precious and before you know
                it the family is just two.

Aqua - I know the feeling about waiting for the other shoe to drop. Sounds like you know
                what to expect and that WILL give you the strength to keep it from happening. We'll help
                watch your backside!!

Kathy - My tulips aren't up yet, just the daffodils. Oh, and when those finches turn yellow
                aren't they amazingly bright and gorgeous? We have a pair of bluebirds already sitting on
                eggs in the box we have about 50 feet from the house. I told my hubby I am so glad I am NOT a bird. They work so hard raising their young!!

Barebones - Going to AA tonight will perk you up, too. I find it always helps me. Hang in there!

Thankful - I am also thankful that you are feeling better each day. Good for you!!

Oh, and I am doing GREAT. AF, happy to be AF, and love my new car. Please just keep sending prayers of healing and strength for my girl. That is one area where life is not good but I have hope and faith that she will heal.

Love and strength to all!
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

I am 3 days AF. and will keep this up until ..... not counting. I am on a spring body soul cleanse.

you AFrs are a big encouragement.

I also want to congratulate you all
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Hello All,

Just a quick note and I am off to my youngest daughters soccer practice...

Aqua, know what you mean by the other shoe dropping. Al has started to call me lately. I'm not listening!

Thankful - 90 Days! Congrats. Brain cells regenerating? that is something to look forward to.

Janice, barebones, aqua, almost to 30 days. Good for you.

Cindi, you are an inspiration - handling really tough stuff w/o Al.

Trixie, welcome.

Okay off to watch the 7 year olds play "herd" ball.

Best, Beck
                    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Howdy ABeroos!

Trixie, if you can AF for 3 days you can do anything!

Cindi, when are you going to come back to chat? miss you!!!

4 theboyz, thanks for the cheery kick-start

big hugs to everyone and all I didn't name....still working like mad here...zoom zoom
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Det,

One of my new "drugs" is something called Trazedone. It is a sleep aid. About the time you are on chat, I am in bed snoring away.

I saw my shrink today and he was ecstatic with my progress and the increase in my "happy" factor. He is upping the Gabapentin dose to 300 3Xday, still on Antabuse (of course!!), Trazadone for sleep and Naltrexone "just in case" I'm stupid enough to try to drink on the Antabuse.

I don't think he "gets" it. I won't drink, I just wish I didn't want to drink.

I will take Antabuse for years if need be. I haven't felt this positive and happy in years. Literally, YEARS.

I miss chatting with you guys, too.

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Cindi....I just want to tell you how proud I am of you.....that's all

Don

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Chief,

Thank you. Your words mean a lot to me.

Cindi
                            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Tuesday - March 25th

Cindi, I am so pleased for you, too. You sound like a different, new person. It seems like the antabuse taking the choice away has made a big difference for you, and the adjustment in your meds may help as well. Maybe your shrink doesn't get it, who knows? At least he's giving you good meds!

I'm off again. Tired. At least I got some work done today. The billing sites were misbehaving though, so some of my effort was wasted! Grrrrrr.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

:l :l
                              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X