Exercise helps a lot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise helps a lot!

Just wanted to add again. exercise is really helpful in getting rid of mood swings. negative thoughts. Negative thoughts keep you from reaching goals.
    cravings for sweets and alcohol, there are probably more things I can list, but I will just start off with the above, feel free to add more.

If there is one thing that I can recommend to help one out of the slump, it is exercise.

you don't have to join a fancy gym. walking, just plain walking is a good start. stretching is also very very important.
    Try stretchtowin.com for stretching and flexibility assessment. You probably won't notice the difference for a few months, that is why I lot of people give up.
    Once you are up to speed and feeling the great results hot body/good spirits, you will not be able to stop.

:h
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Exercise helps a lot!

thanks for reminding us trixie, i totaly agree.

Comment

Exercise helps a lot!

Trixie,

Thank you for the reminder. I do love to walk but am a bit afraid up here where I live. Many of the folks let their dogs wander untethered and some are some scary dogs!!

So, I am joining Curves. I am an old fart and will fit right in with the clientele. My daughter pooh poohs it and says it is not enough but I figure something is better than the nothing I am doing right now.

I do need the exercise badly. The Antabuse keeps me from drinking but, of course, does nothing for the feelings I am dealing with. I am hoping exercise will help with that.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Exercise helps a lot!

oh cindi try it and don't worry about the old fart thing. sit on one of those bicycle thingies. and even if it's just 20 minutes 2 times a week to start, it will make you feel so much better.

When I was on vacation I went for a walk with my mom (hates exercise) every morning, she complained, was sweating got angry, you name it.

after the 3rd day she was sitting on the porch in her cute little sneakers waiting for me to go for our morning walk.

any little thing counts.
        You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Exercise helps a lot!

Cindi--My sister joined Curves and lost 23 pounds and looks great. Good luck!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
          X