Wednesday 26th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 26th March

Morning everyone! A quick start to today's thread as rushing off to work - as usual I haven't left myself enough time.....roll on Thursday when I will be off three whole weeks.....much more MWO time....yeh!!!

Hope everyone is doing good.....hope to hear from Mary soon???.......miss her topics for discussion each day!!

Cindi it was great to hear you sounding so happy and positive yesterday!!!

wishing everyone a great AF day!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Wednesday 26th March

thanks for starting this janice, nice to meet u.

its only a day away for ur break, have u got anything planned?

im not feeling as low as yesterday, i had physio this morning so that helped.

so 26 days AF for me.

good luck and great going for who has managed going AF for today.

take care all who is to come.

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Hi Everyone, Day 26 for me. Hope everyone doesn't have too much of a struggle today. I still have beer and wine in my fridge from Easter. I don't have any urge to drink it but I think I will get rid of it because it is staring me in the face everytime I open the fridge and I don't want it to subconsciously be getting things going in my head.
      Janice- You sound good. I think Mary is gone for a week, so won't be back for awhile.
      Barebones- We are on the same day. I'm really looking forward to hitting 30 days. I haven't been able to do that in a long time.
      Stay well and strong everyone! Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Good Morning everyone,

janice, isn't it 30 days tomorrow? So pleased for you.

Aqua and barebones, you are doing so well. nearly 30 days.

Aqua, has your husband noticed how well you are doing? and I really would get rid of the beer and wine in the fridge (at least put it in a cupboard or something - so it is not chilled and you don't have to see it everytime you are hungry).

Have another AF day everyone, regardless of what comes your way

As for me, I get to strip wallpaper at my mother's house. (I used to drink through projects like that) Come to think of it I have a whole list of things I used to drink my way through. May be a fun post for when I have more time.

Stay Strong, Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Hello Abbers!!

Janice - Wow 30 days tomorrow? Huge grin here!! HUGE!!

Barebones - You are nipping at the 30 day mark yourself!! Really glad the physio helped pick you up. One of my "to dos" today is to get signed up for Curves. Yeah, I know a wimpey place for old ladies but at least I won't be embarrassed and shy so I will actually go there!!

Aqua - There you are with Barebones, nipping at the 30 day mark. We get to do a double celebration that day!! (Does that mean I get two pieces of cake??) And, I must say you are one tough lady. AL never stayed in my house for more than a few hours. I am impressed with you and would definitely get rid of it. Give it away or do as Beck suggested and put it somewhere where it will be warm and horrible tasting if you should get tempted. (In my case, taste had nothing to do with it, though...)

Beck - Have "fun" stripping wallpaper. However, I do so know what you mean. I did so many things while drinking AL that sometimes I look at a task and wonder how I am going to accomplish it without AL. Sad, huh? 35 years of drinking is a lot of tasks I haven't done completely sober. Lots of learning to do here.

I have a rough day ahead, actually two rough ones, trying to help my daughter once again. Please send your prayers, positive thoughts, whatever our way. We need them pretty desperately. I was getting phone calls well into the late hours of the night. Hubby is mad at her for wanting to go to rehab (You don't love me enough to let me help you) and my favorite (You might meet someone there.) Yikes. I am starting to really worry that he may be as toxic for her as anything else. I pray not. He is basically a nice young man but his insecurities are tough. Mama is gonna go over there and kick some ass today. My girl is dying and I am not letting his insecurities keep her from trying to save herself.

On my front, still AF, still popping that AB pill first thing in the morning and my heart sings at night when I lie in bed with my husband (and my dog ) sober and I wake up sober. I thank God every day for this!!

Love to all,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

This is so great! Everyone sounds like they are doing so well!!

Janice thanks for the Quick Start today!

BB and Aqua both roaring along with 26 days AF - so awesome!

Beck those projects just seem to come out of the "wood work" once the AF ball starts rolling. Now that I'm AF and a busy bee myself, I seem to notice that my wife sits on the couch now a lot lately, maybe it's just me! :H

Cindi - pull up those Boot-straps and getting kicking! Sounds like you are going to have to give it your all today - I'm rooting for you!!

Me - I am just amazed I've made it to 38 days and going stronger than ever - I just LOVE it!

Have another great AF day Abbers! :l
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Well done ABeroonies!!! so many great numbers popping up here.

DogLvr, big welcome to you....and come get on chat sometime too...fun place.

Cindi, I'm just thrilled to hear the 'good' you spurting out! I'll lend you a taser for that son in law and then all will be good. zzzzzzzzzap!

still very good and resolved here with my fantastic AF lifestyle.

I've also been listening to the audio book "think and grow rich" by Napolean Hill. it's more about organizing and understanding principles of success than making money and I've found much of the philosophies carry over nicely to our fight for freedom from chemical dependance. highly recommended!

be well everyone!!!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

He Everyone.
                Cindi- Sounds like you have a very difficult situation with your daughter. I'm sending you some positive thoughts and prayers that you can help her get in a better place. I have a sister in a very similar situation only she won't take help from anyone and won't even break down and admit she has a severe problem. It's very sad and stressful. It's wonderful that your daughter has the insight and desire to go to rehab, that is huge. Her husband sounds like he really cares for her but is way off the mark in how to help her. She is so lucky to have you, epecially with you being sober and understanding about her problem . Hang in there.
                Beck- I response to your question if my husband has noticed, I'm sure he has, it would be impossible for him not to. He has not said anything I think because I have not wanted to talk about the whole issue with him for a long time. I am really not sure why but I just really don't want to. I guess his noticing is in that he is not mad at me every single day. He really can't tolerate me having anything to drink. The past 9 months to a year I have been drinking in what I would classify as very very moderate and in control drinking which is a HUGE improvement. But he can't tolerate me drinking anything. It really puts him in a panic I think. One reason I don't want to talk to him is that I don't want to make promises I can't keep and then keep disappointing him and well it's a viscious circle. He does not have the kind of mind that if you slip, not matter how small , look at it as a slip and move onward and upward. It is always a huge failure on my part and he just gets extremely mad and disgusted and it is not helpful to me at all. So right now he seems very happy and I'm sure he will stay that way as long as I don't drink. Sorry for the long response.Good luck stripping wallpaper- that can be a tough job. I did lots of projects like that with a bottle of wine by my side! Take Care, Aquamarine
                NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

hey det I love that sauce, is that the garlic flavor one.

I am 4 AF the only drink I am getting into today is the swimming pool.

I have so much energy today. I was able to replace the 5 gal water bottle at the office without having to ask one of the guys.

yeah! I like coming here for encouragement. you guys are so focused.

cheers! (glass of seltzer)
                  You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Just getting ready for bed - thought I'd just check in to see how everyone's doing today. Can't believe tomorrow will be day 30. I feel like a different person to what I was 30 days ago, physically and emotionally. Aqua & barebones you're not far behind me on 26 days!!! And I'm not too far behind you Boyz!! Barebones, sadly I'm not going anywhere over the next couple of weeks - I work in a school and its our Easter holidays so I'm hoping to get some good weather to catch up in the garden. Cindi, sending you love and prayers - stay positive girl!! Trixie well done on day 4 - getting started is definitely the hardest....you can do this!! Good to hear from you too Det!!
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Hi everyone, I haven't been around for a while, Iv'e been ill and not been able to get on line. Back
                      to work tomorrow, so I thought I would just pop in to see how everyone is doing, and it certainly
                      looks good, well done everyone especially Janice and Cindi. I haven't had a drink for some time
                      now, and certainly feel better for it, I'm not counting days, because when I start counting things
                      seem to go wrong. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Wednesday 26th March

Paula,

I am so glad to see you back. I am sorry you have been ill.

It sounds like you are doing great yourself!!

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                        X