Bach Flower Remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bach Flower Remedies

I apologise if this has been done before - I couldn't see anything on recent threads.

I discovered these nearly 10 years ago, after my first miscarriage. Emotionally I was totally shot and they helped enourmously. They tackle the emotional distresses we encounter in our everyday lives. There are 38 separate preparations and a rescue remedy which is a combination of 5 essenses - rescue is ideal for shock and severe stress. I have listed a few that I have used many times over the years, both on myself and the kids.

WARNING: They are in a brandy based suspension.

Usually 2 or 3 drops in a small glass of water, sipped slowly during the day dilutes the suspension so there is no discernable taste.

White Chestnut - Turns off the constant internal dialogue. Good if you can't sleep. I was a twit as I forgot all about these during my first few days AF. Internal dialogue drove me potty.

Mustard - Days when you have a 'black cloud' over your head.

Walnut - Time of change; puberty, menopause. New surroundings.

Impatiens - Impatient, 'cant wait'.

Mimulus - Known fear i.e. job interview.

Scleranthus - Uncertainty, indecision, fluctuation mood.

I hope some of the above helps.

Take care
    XXX
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Bach Flower Remedies

Gorse or White chestnut or agrimony may be helpful for some. I used star of bethlem on a doggie that had separation anxiety. They do have expiration dates on them. I use a bit more of rescue remedy in my water. 4 drops for 8oz. Maybe I get too far out there. They are 27% alcohol base for those who are sensitve to that.

The Original 38 Bach Flower Essences, Bach Flower Remedies
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Do these really work? Have y'all done research? I'm very curious!
      Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

They didn't work for me but everyone's different.
        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
        - George Jackson

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

I have some and it is a liquid to be used as a sublingual. They do have a lot of alcohol so must be calming!

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

I use rescue the most. Admittedly, i usually just squirt it under my tongue & hold it there for as long as possible. I always forget 2 sip the water. I still feel the anxiety, but the panicy, tight feeling in my chest dissipates & i can think clearer. My daughter struggled moving into grade 1 last year & i used walnhut on her. By the end of the week her anxiety was greatly reduced. My hubby uses white chestnut sometimes when his brain is on overload. He is so not into my "kookie shit", but admits it works for him.
            The mind is in its own place, and in itself
            Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

I've tried the rescue remedy and the sleep remedy. They both worked a little for me, but Calms Forte seems to really work well for me, but of course that takes awhile before it kicks in.

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

I swear, I need to take Calmes Forte all day long by the handful. I have been getting really pissed off- with very valid reason- but my agitation with idiots has been on the increase- but then again, so has their stupidity. Tomorrow I will take Calmes Forte with my Gaba and 5htp and milk thistle, and .....

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Lucky, I have the same problems (and solutions)... I do believe I hear a handful of Calms Forte calling me now (heck, it's time for bed, so I think I'll throw in a couple lithium oratate caps, 6 mg melatonin, a few valerians, a mega dose of Bs and magnesium, and um, maybe even a real mean old sleeping pill if I'm still awake in the middle of the night.)

I wish I could try the Bach flowers but can't get that where I live-- I'll put it on the list for the next overseas trip- Thank you for posting the info Jinja. It was a new one for me.
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Thanks for this jinja, I've ordered the rescue remedy and the white chestnut. I've had the RR before and it did help somewhat - thanks for reminding me. And the white chestnut sounds like it could be a lifesaver for shutting off the stuck record that is my internal dialogue, especially when I try to sleep without the booze. Not that I've tried that much lately...

Wooflet x

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Hi advice needed...

I recently (2 months back) got divorceed, the Divorce case in court was going from last 2 years,

and prior to it 1 year seperation from wife. AS the date of my divorce came nearer I was coming

out of all the emotional bonding I had to my ex-wife.

But thats not the real issue. Just 2 months before my divorce happened (last month) I came across

a newly joined girl in my office. She is married. But she herslef used to send me messages and

continue the friendship even when she came to know that I am getting divorced. Basically I used

to share all my problems with her. She used to pray for me to God. She is a very broadminded

person though. But along with it she is very spritual too. I kind of started liking her. I used

to tell her how beautiful she is etc and she never used to mind for that. In fact she used to say

thanks to me. I will like to state that I am not much broad minded person.
                      I am from India and our culture frankly speaking is not broadminded. Her behaviour initially was

like she liked me. May be she really does but then I myself did not like that as she is married

and so she should be loyal to her husband.

I just came our of Divorce and my actual marriage lasted for only 7 months. So you can imagine

that I was being alone and any such girl showing slight interest in me in terms of even

friendship obviously triggers emotional feelings in me.

Now this girl lately is behaving differently. She being in same office seems to avoid me. But she

is a very nice girl and so does not hurt anyone. So may be she thinks now that she should be

keeping distance away from me (may be her hubby suggested this). And I feel that its not wrong.

But now her changed behaviour is troubling me. She speaks upto the point on chats. Avoids me

indirectly.
                      I have also talked to her indirectly about whats wrong and why is she changed but she refuses

that anything is wrong. Basically I think that she was upset with me when Itold to her that her

much closeness to other boys (they are also good friends of her hubby) is not good as she is

married. later on i apologised to her and she also had forgiven me.

All this has hurt me. Even when I see her talking with some other man I feel very bad. I know its

wrong on my part. But I cant help it. I start to think that why she came in my life by initiating

the friendship in the first place. I was alone but atleast peaceful in mind. Her coming in my

life and initiating friendship herself has disturbed that peace. My basic nature seems to be

chicory type. As I see I do many things for her but when she does not respond in affectionate way

I feel self-pity. I am possessive indeed. But when in the office chat messenger she chats with me

then i feel good. It seems that there is an empty well which is void of love and love need to be

filled in regularly. God know why she is avoiding me now. may be she thinks that I am falling for

her. I am indeed. Nowadays she does not even say 'Hi' to me on the messenger. Its me always who

starts the chat by saying 'Hi'.

On the other hand I am not so bad that I will build my family on the ashes of her family. I will

nver like to break her from her hubby. I will never like that. I wish that she remains loyal to

her hubby and lives happily. But my heart does not listen and longs for her. I am in

love/infatuation. and my heart breaks almost everyday.

I want to come out of all this and get peace of mind even under the conditions of we both working in the same office!!!

Currently I am taking...

Chicory for extreme possissiveness.
                      Holly for jealously .... Holy is not much needed as she does not actively goes out with or chats

with other boys except her old friends. But still I am including it in my remedy composition.
                      Impatience for stress and tension

can u plz guide me in this? I started chicory 2 weeks back but it does not seem to help. I know I

am wrong in all the above happenings and I should not have entered into emotional state with her.

But I could not help as I was alone and longing for partner.

Please let me know if want to know any more about this. My age is 32.

Regards,
                      Abhay

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Abhay, that sound very painful for you. Chicory seems to be a good choice. I used a lot of that in my separation. While I don't have an answer, I want you to know that you are heard. While you have not said anything to her, she may be picking up on your feelings and is in turn, uncomfortable. I don't see where you could have helped entering this emotional state. This is where your are and these are your feelings. Now you must work through them and come to balance. It is one of life's challenges and I wish I had words to make it easy for you. I do wish you well. Be kind to yourself. :l
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

Greenie, I have a whole CASE of the remedies.I will put them in the mail to you ASAP as I no longer need them and I want to see them go to good use.............

all expired dates 1992..........LOL
                          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Bach Flower Remedies

I have used rescue remedy and it seems to work. Have used it today in day 1 AF as soon as I feel anxious put a drop or two on my tongue works for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X