Thursday 27th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 27th March

Oh typical!! I'd done a long post then lost the whole thing when I went to submit it!! Nevermind, I'll keep this one short.........just really needed to say thank you to everyone ....I really look forward to this daily thread.....it is so friendly, with everyone so encouraging and supportive to each other.

Coming on here everyday, the cds and more exercise has definitely given me a more positive attitude this time round. I've learnt now that staying positive is vital for staying AF....if I do start to slip into a deep dark mood then all sorts of negative thoughts enter my head.....including AL!! I want to say a special thank you to Bear's post on my "Abstinence or ODAT" thread - that last paragraph is kept crumpled up in my purse and is something I read often, it really struck a chord. I'm also grateful to Chief & Star for "making me think" 30 days ago and giving me that much needed kick up the .......!! That was round about the time we had a few threads going on "tough love".

Anyway thats all....hope you are all well and have a great AF day.

Janicexxx :h
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Thursday 27th March

Janice,

30 Days feels amazing, doesn't it! I am so happy for you.

The support system we have here on this thread has made all the difference for me. I've had days where I might have slipped but I come here and understand how much better off I am without AL.

Good morning to all those to come...

Off to another AF day,
    Beck
    Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Thursday 27th March

Holy smokes! I'm not the only one it seems who is late for the early show!! Where is everybody?? Today is an important day here! We have a 30 day'r to congratulate so let's get busy!!!

Very nice job Janice, I hope it feels twice as good for you as it did me! Just wonderful!

Abberoonies, have another awesome AF day!!
      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
      Watch this and find out....
      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Thursday 27th March

Hi Everyone, Day 27 for me.But more importantly:CONGRATULATIONS JANICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        30 days is such an accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. Are you going to do something special for yourself today? You really should. I am really sincerely happy for you! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Hi Beck and 4TheBoyz and everyone to follow. Hope everyone is able to stay the path today and stay strong. Wow though doesn't it feel good to feel like you are starting to get this monkey off your back. That is such a cliche but I really feel like I carry this thing around with me and it is starting to go away, or at least it is is the realm of possibility to get rid of it. Take Care Everyone, Aquamarine
        NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
        AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Thursday 27th March

hey janice! congrats ur passing the 30 day hurdle, yay! so where is the bday cake eh?????? got to have cake! i need cake! i want a cake for my bday! so where is janice cake! cake cake cake!

(((((((hugs 30 days af janice)))))))))) well done! i cant say it enough.

its day 27 AF for me.

good day to everyone hope u all have a great AF day.

Comment

Thursday 27th March

:goodjob:
            well done
            there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Thursday 27th March

hahaha!!! Yeh I want cake!!!! Chocolate too!!!! More cake!!!! Thanks guys for all the lovely words!!

A colleague from work just called to congratulate me on my new position at work......"have a big glass of wine tonight to celebrate Janice!!" she said. Couldn't say anything....just smiled!
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thursday 27th March

I'm sure your colleague meant well Janice:H. Anyway, congratulations on 30 days. I really appreciate the accomplishment.

Hi to everyone else. I have a headcold that is making me feel like my brain has been replaced with wet, warm cotton puffs. Even my equilibrium is a bit off. I have dosed myself up with stuff, so I'll be heading off to bed in a little bit.

Night night!

:l :l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday 27th March

Yeah Janice!!!!!!! cake and streamers for sure!

wow, I'm really posting late this week...been racing around like a madman. Have to be up at 4 in the morning tomorrow. ugh! then drive all day in traffic. oh well....not going to let it get me down. Janice as you said this is a positive place. a happy refuge

congrats Aqua and Bare on 27 days...neck and neck!

Secondchance, nice new name!

off to see if anyone is on chat.... be well friends!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X