Friday 28th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 28th March

Good morning everyone!!! Feels like this thread has been a bit "thin" on the ground this week - everyone must be missing Mary - come on people, lets keep it going ready for her return??

Its a wet dreary day here in England, first day of my hols so intending to get up in the loft amongst the cobwebs and sort out some old clothes/stuff. Feel like de-cluttering!! Hopefully going to get to the gym later and work off this headache....got to tackle the caffeine and chocolate addiction next! Day 31 and feeling great without all that poison inside me...... well, just the coffee & choccy!

Have a great Friday!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Friday 28th March

Morning Janice and all to come. Sounds like you have a productive day ahead of you. Dreary and snowy here (again!!). Spring has not sprung in my neck of the woods. Coffee is my poison too...but what the heck. I'm thoroughly enjoying my mug of Starbucks Italian roast. I have a busy weekend ahead, but will keep my wits about me...and AL far, far away. Looking to build on 56 days AF.

TGIF!
    ~K.

Comment

Friday 28th March

Janice and all my Abber Friends to come,

Janice, you are now on to looking at 60 days if you keep this up!! Before you know it you will be at 90 days and that is a pretty magic period for us drinkers. Brain chemistry and all start getting back to "normal." Your posts help make my day, Janice, because I know how much you struggled, especially last summer. I am sending you a big hug. You are one special person!! :l

Yes, let's keep this thread going. I miss Mary, too. I can't wait until she is back!!

I am on day 11 and feeling wonderful, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, which is almost scary. I think the Gabapentin and Antabuse combo is amazing. I haven't felt this good since I was a teenager. (Been drinking a long time ) My plan is AF for life but I do know I have to do this ODAT and stay vigilant.

Thank you all for being such a great support network of friends. I simply could not be where I am today without all of you!!

Love,
      Cindi

ps My daughter is in detox. I am praying her insurance covers intensive outpatient therapy for her and she follows up with it. She even offered to go to AA meetings with me "once in a while." I wish she could be on a computer but they have no connectivity. I think MWO would be a huge help to her. Anyway, at least she is at Step 1 and my :h is soo hopeful. She is my baby. Need I say more?
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday 28th March

Oh Cindi, just want to give you a big hug.....you are always there full of kind words for everyone and open arms.....when you've gone through hell yourself, but look at you.....what an example to us all....it is great hearing you sound so positive....Cindi I am so proud of you. Sending you and your daughter all my love & prayers.....Janicexxx

ps thinking of adopting you and Mary as my cyber-mams!!!!
        AF since 9 May 2012
        Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Friday 28th March

Hi Everyone! Dreary cold day here. Cindi so glad to hear that your daughter is in detox getting the help she needs. It's a step in the right direction for her. Glad to hear you feel so great, that is wonderful.
          Janice- I 'm drinking way too much coffee and getting migraines as a result. But hey-one addiction at a time.
          Kirova- Hi, 56 days, that's great. You're almost to 60. I am looking forward to getting that far.
          Well. have a positive fruitful day everyone and all to come. Stay Strong! Aquamarine
          NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
          AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Friday 28th March

Aloha Friday ABadabadoooos!!!!

thanks for the kickstart Janice, yes we'll keep the light on for our dear Mary for sure.

Cindi, so thrilled for you and glad your daughter is getting some help!! XXXXXXXX to you both.

Kirova, glad you are doing great and I'll join you in a Starbucks or 3 this morning. mighty early right now in the US.

This is day 51 for me and if it weren't for being so sore from the gym last night I don't think I have a complaint to speak of. Life really is grand! and that's coming from a formerly very depressed person.

Be well friends
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 28th March

hi Aqua! your up early.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday 28th March

Hello everyone,

It's not even 8:00 am in Virginia and I feel like a late poster. Well done Janice for gettting us in gear...

Cindi, Day 11 and your daughter in detox. You should be so proud of yourself for doing what needs to be done while maintaining your sobreity. It's really impressive.

Kirova, almost to 60 days, that is great.

While we are all racking up impressive AF days, I thought I'd share what happened to me when I made it to my first AF goal - 50 days. Something in my brain must have registered this artificial "finish line". AL called LOUDLY off and on for two days. I actually parked outside of a liquor store and considered...because really if I am going to slip I'm going to slip on the hard stuff. Anyway, I didn't go in - I stayed sober and frankly I was so on edge - so B1thcy to my kids. (I just told them I was in a bad mood that had nothing to do with them). On the evening of day 52, I went for a long head-clearing run. When I got home my husb had bathed the 7 year old and we all started playing card games. Had a great family time. I was so grateful that I hadn't checked out. Still am. I also am no longer ambivalent about my sobriety.

Stay strong everyone,
                Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Friday 28th March

'Morning Abbers!

Well I see today is a big "fancy" day here at MWO everybody in a big party mood it seems for the big 3 year celebration here. I'm really digging the added features and already got my copy of the book last night.

Janice great job starting us off and have "fun" de-cluttering today - less clutter is good!

Howdy to Det, Kirova, Beck and all our veterans, it's really great to see so many staying the course.

Cindi with the big Snake Eyes day 11, let your daughter know there is a big warm welcome waiting for her here, I hope she does well.

Have another great AF day everyone!!
                  Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                  Watch this and find out....
                  http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Friday 28th March

Beck kicked AL's Butt!!

Beck,

It is funny how our addicted brains try to sneak up on us and get us to drink again, isn't it?

Very good job on pulling out of the liquor store parking lot without any booze in hand. I am TOTALLY impressed. I know how hard it was and understand why you would feel so b*tchy when you got home.

They b*thiness lasted a few minutes or hours, if you had bought and drank, those effects would have lasted a long time, maybe even a lifetime.

You did well, my friend.

Kudos and Namaste.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Friday 28th March

hi all, glad u all still kicking it. thanks janice for opening this up.

nothing much to say today,its my rest day.

so day 28 AF for me.

take it easy all. giving u all positive vibes

Comment

Friday 28th March

Wow, I love the great out pouring of love, help and information on this thread! I am still trying and working hard...not hard enough, need to want to kick it up a notch.

Anyway, I do believe spring is trying to come. Snow is melting and I saw my first Robin of spring today....however they are calling for rain/snow mix on Sunday! Come on Spring!

Have a great day and weekend all!

Cindi....Hope your daughter does well and starts climbing the hill to recovery. Thinking of you and her, bless you both and all.

Hugs, Bambi

~thanks for keeping this thread going all....
                        "When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable." -- Walt Disney

Comment

Friday 28th March

I am on day 5 - and I'm feeling like the weekend will be hard. I looked at the mostly empty bottle of wine still on my kitchen counter last nite (from Easter Sunday) and considered having it with dinner. I think the only reason I didn't was because it had less than a full glass in there. That scares me because I feel like the only reason I didn't give in was because I knew it was too little to give me the buzz I would be going after.
                          I had a very realistic dream last night that I caved in and drank it - and was once again very disappointed in myself.
                          I haven't considered the medication options - does everyone think that that's the only way to guarantee success? I would feel like I would have to hide them - because I haven't even discussed this with my husband. I guess I've fooled myself into believing that I am the only one who thinks/knows I have a problem.

Comment

Friday 28th March

DogLvr,

Day 5 is going to be hard. Your job is simply not to drink through it. I know how tough it is but we have all been there and Day 5 coinciding with a Friday is difficult. On the other hand, once you get through this weekend, it does get easier. You get to feel proud of yourself for your first AF weekend and for the promise you kept to yourself.

I do not take the drugs. That doesn't mean it is the way for you, it is just that I tend to react badly to meds. The truth is that my husband does not know about this either. Many of us have a problem that we have managed to keep somewhat hidden. I don't kid myself - my husband knows I drank too much occassionally, he just doesn't know how often and how much AL it took to get me that drunk.

This is a very hopeful place. You can do this. You owe yourself your best effort. One piece of advice is something we call "thinking through the drink". Carefully consider where that drink will lead. Oh, and get rid of the wine!

Good luck,
                            Beck
                            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Friday 28th March

Cindi,

Thank you for the kind words. I knew that if I bought that bottle I would be in big trouble. Thinking through the drink - believe I learned that from Mary. Best case scenario if I drank was that in 50 days I would be right back where I am now...worst case, I would have spiraled out of control and stayed away for awhile.

Beck
                              Beck

Comment

Working...
                              X