is there a doctor in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anybody ever expierienced painful throat glands after the first 5 days of AF.It happens to me every time :thanks:

hi there..meetoo. welcome..and nice to meet you .but no cant say i ever had that. and great job on 5 days
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Meetoo,

I'm not a doctor but I have not experienced that either.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yep was a Dr in a past life, my prescription to us all is:
        ?Do not smoke, and do not drink ever?, and never ever eat Twinkies.
        Oh, if only we could master this problem.
        Ho hum another day in paradise. In answer to your question, yes have unjolly throat problems combined with thyroid issues.
        May not be related to booze maybe thyroid only?
        Still had throat problems after nearly 5 ? years AF
        For your own sake, see your Dr, meetoo
        Sorry for not being too helpful.
        Kind regards Aunty Vic :h

Comment

Metoo,

Not sure if this is a glandular problem, but I often experience a huge and swollen uvula. Don't laugh, it's the dangle thing in your throat. LOL. I call it a dangle.

It feels like I am going to swallow the damn thing every time I eat or drink, or always accompanies drinking and smoking.
          Don't know if that helps, but may make you laugh?? Swollen Dangle? Anyone?

Comment

OK, cke123... sorry.... I had to laugh. In fact I snorted. It is my nature. First my disclaimer. I am not a doctor or a nurse. I am expected to say I'm an alcoholic in AA but I have certain opinions about that. Anyway, it is my unprofessional understanding that some substances that are not good for the body cause inflamation which can present in many forms. I read your post and think to myself that it makes sense. these can be personal allergies, sensitivities, but alcohol will eat us up. Booze must run by the dangle. It's tired. It's inflamed. It wants you to quit. Try a salt water gargle, find the apple cider vinegar thread. "Throat Coat" tea. You could gargle aloe juice. Hope that helps.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I had a swollen gland in my neck a few weeks ago... swollen glands usually mean your immune system is working!! That's the good news..

You're probably fighting a bug... or just clearing away toxins..... I wouldn't worry unless it doesn't go away in a few days (it's been a few days since you posted) or you get a sore throat...
              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Please consider taking a probiotic supplement following antibiotic therapy if that is the route you take. It rebuilds your immune system.
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

TRue... sometimes it requires antibiotics.. but if you google swollen glands.. it really means the immune system is working.. in my case, it cleared up on its own..
                  P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                  - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

If it happens every time, then there is a correlation between the two. I would say its just a reaction to going AF.
                    Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

oh good....

I was going to ask about this myself. I get a lump in my throat and the more I binge the longer it lasts. I think it's swollen glands. I have chronic sinus infections also. It's probably the booze agrevating the situation and could eventually develop into throat cancer I suppose. After I'm AF for 6 months or so, and if I still have the condition, I'll have it checked out. I'm very doctor shy. There's all sorts of non serious conditions that could explain it also. But, you are so right in condemning cigs, booze and twinkies!! McDonalds should be on the list too.

Comment

Is it glands or like a lump in the throat feeling? That terrible lump in your throat feeling could be anxiety.
                        Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                        - George Jackson

Comment

hello to Florida from CA. It's both like a lump in my throat (that sort of comes and goes) and the glands (which are bad right now because of sinuses and allergies) I've even got a preschool runny nose! I know that I need to work on rebuilding my adrenals and entire immune system. How about you?:l

Comment

Working...
                          X