Sunday, March 30-Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone, Day 30 for me. I have to say I am very happy with myself. One and a half years ago I went 90 days and haven't been able to string together more than a week or two since then. I feel amazingly good now . It's is truly just the beginning but it is progress.
    Barebones- I know your are 30 days today too- congratulations!
    Hope everyone can stay strong today and move in the right direction. Thank you everyone here for all your support, honesty, and insight. This place is the best! Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Good Morning Abbers,

Aqua, Barebones and Janice, I hope all of you (I keep wanting to say you all :H) see your special congrats thread. I am so proud of all of you!!

Everyone else, have a wonderful Sunday.

Day 13 AF for me and hanging in there.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A wonderful sunny Sunday here in Virginia. Spent yesterday painting - you would think I could paint straight lines being sober and all

So pleased to see Aqua and BB make it to 30 days.

You know Mary is a few days ahead of me - she should be at Day 58/59(??) today.

Day 56 here. Enjoy this great day
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Happy Sunday ABerooos!!

having a lovely quiet day at home with Dx which is great since I'll be on the road all this week (sniff....)

Tylyer, how are you doing today? just saw you on yesterdays thread. welcome!

be well everyone!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Aqua, Cindi, Secondchance, Beck, Det and everyone that follows!!! Bit late today posting......Aqua & Barebones, congratulations on your 30 days of abstinence - feels great doesn't it?? Cindi - day 13 - brilliant!!

Last night we went out to dinner with some friends (6 of us) we hadn't seen for 8 years!!! This morning I realised something. Last night was the first time I took absolutely no notice about what people were drinking. It was fantastic catching up with everyone's news, great conversation and a lovely atmosphere. Last year when I was AF I would watch every sip friends and family took and envy every mouthful, obsessing about what I was missing out on.

Last night when our friends asked why I wasn't drinking - I told them the truth, that I was worried about how much I was drinking and that I felt so much better without it. If the truth be known, after chatting about how much we all drank and how often, I don't think my friends are that far behind me!!!

Times have really changed over the last few years haven't they? These days alcohol is so easy to buy in all the big supermarket chains; I would just throw another box (or 2!) of wine into the trolley as I did my weekly shop, and mid-week sometimes!!

Last night I had tonic water with ice & lemon for the first time - it was lovely!!! Never tried it before and I'm always wondering what non-alcoholic drink to have on those occasions! Anyway a great night followed by a hangover-free morning - by me anyway!!

Off to cook some lovely sirloin steaks for dinner this evening, mmmmmmmmmm!!

Love to everyone, enjoy the rest of your day!

Janice
          xxx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hello fellow Abers!

Janice, I'm happy that you were able to be honest with your friends. I think that is so important. It saddens me to see so many people here that can not even tell their own immediate families. But I don't walk in their shoes, so I do understand. Hell, I tell everyone because I simply don't care what people think (but that's me). I tell everyone I know (and yes they all drink) they should check out this website! lol Even if they could figure out which sign-on I am, I've never lied about anything so....I simply don't care. lol

Cindi, I'm so proud of you. I wish I could get my brother to go on Antibuse. He is an extremely heavy drinker and has Hep. C. He doesn't care. Always says "when your numbers up it's up". I would like to kick his ass sometimes. But we all know you can't make someone else do this. Months ago when I ordered Kudzu, he told me to get him some. It arrived Jan 10th and he won't even try it. Dumb ass.

Boy, I guess I won't shout out to anyone else right now as I seem to keep digressing! lol

Glad to see everyone racking up those AF days. Day 95 here! Never thought in a million years I would ever post that. Feels so good!

Happy Sunday to all. Keep up the great work!

Love, Me
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Determinator, thanks for thinking of me. I was here earlier, but think i posted in the wrong place. done well today, and will keep on checking in. Once i get a few days behind me, things get a little better - until I reward myself... oh well, you all know about that. Isn't it odd that the same behaviours repeat themselves. I can relate to so, so many of the things other do regarding hiding, pretending etc etc - see you tomorrow
              Tylyr

Comment

Tylyr,

Addiction is the only condition I know of where the person affected thinks that the same actions will somehow end up in a different outcome.

Since I drink to black out every time I drink, I pretty much know what the outcome is going to be: me doing something stupid or dangerous.

I am determined to reward myself with sobriety and feel good about it. (I know, I know, much easier said than done...)

I thank the Good Lord that Det, Morrison, Bird, Hippie and Beth all starting talking about the Antabuse at the same time. It is a lifesaver for me. The urges quickly go away with the idea of what is going to happen to me if I am stupid enough to give into the urge.

Sorry about going on. Just rambling thinking here.

Love to all,
                Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

thanks aqua for starting this thread and thanks for the congrats. yep u and me and janice is on our way . congrats to those who have even gone further im proud to know u. its my goal to be long term AF and that means for life. im a alocholic and have been for 16 years its no use me denying it isnt for life, like my other medication i take that is for life also so it will go hand in hand. i know what will happen if i come off my meds i will end up sick and reality is death at end, all of my mental illnesses is fatal and i cant change that so there is no point is feeling sorry for myself i will just have to get on with life no matter what.

sry for being a bit morbid there im just being honest about our illness, it helps me reflect and to remeber the outcome of it if i make that choice in going back to where i was.

anyway i had good meeting at AA tonight and ive had pretty much quiet day. back to sticking to the plan for the week.

take care all, speak to u tomorrow.

Comment

I'm so glad to be back among my MWO friends on this wonderful thread. I feel like in one short week, we got my very elderly parents' lives in order. It was a lot of work but well worth the effort.

I'm pretty exhausted (very late flight last night), but (of course) not hungover.

If you are new to this thread &/or site, please keep reading the inspiring messages you can find here on a daily basis. Abstinence is such a worthy goal. You don't have to do it perfectly. Most of us here have had our ups & downs. The message I'm trying to get across is KEEP TRYING.

Take care everyone.

Love, Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X