Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 31st March

Hi everyone!!

A new week and a new month approaching.....it will soon be a year since I found MWO, what a year....but after everything that has happened I finally feel at some sort of "peace" with myself. That dark place I was in seems a long way off now and I don't want to go back.....I miss Dad so much but I'm getting there. Happy memories are starting to replace those dark sad thoughts. Mam is not good and continues to drink and badly needs a kidney removed.....don't know if she would get through the op. But, finally, I realise and accept I can do no more.....I cannot take fully responsibility for their lives......I used to think I could wave my magic wand....Janice will get it sorted....but I can't. I have to get myself sorted...for my family's sake.

So I for one pledge that I will be AF in April. Coming here each day is my therapy and gives me the strength I need to stay away from alcohol - coming here, talking to you my friends, hearing about your lives - thank you. :thanks:

Have a great day everyone, looking forward to hearing from you all today.

Janice
    proud to be 34days AF
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Monday 31st March

Spring coming on in NE USA

Good Morning Abbers!

The last day of March is here and yes, we head into yet another new month. Here in North America it is the time of April Showers (Eastern Seaboard really but what the heck!!) and a time for the flowers and the trees to start blooming.

Our herald of spring, the forsythia have all bloomed and are now turning green as they drop their flowers to add more to the landscape. My daffodils have already bloomed and still bright and buttery. My tulips are coming up. My tulip tree gave a glorious showing this year and our service berries are all covered in white blooms throughout the property. Even though the weather has been cool and damp, my spirit "feels" the warmth of spring coming on.

The redbuds are starting their show for us and dot the edge of the woods and roadways. One of my favorite trees, their blooms are beautiful and when they are gone they are a delicate little tree with heart shaped flowers.

Next will come the dogwoods. A breathtaking display throughout our woods. Hubby marks all the dogwoods and tries to clear a bit around them so they have enough food and a bit of light to get and stay healthy.

Then will come the rhododendrens, mountain laurel, and azaleas, all of which are "show offs" with their brilliant color displays.

This spring has a very special meaning to me. A rebirth of my woods and a rebirth of my soul.

Janice, Mary, Poohbear, Barebones, Det, Aquamarine, SecondChance, Beck, Thankful, Tylyr, and anyone else I may have forgotten, please have a wonder AF day.

All of you have helped me so much with this journey and I pray for continued peace as I travel my AF life. I can only hope and pray that I have added a little comfort and hope to all of you.

Now, off to take on day 14 and KNOW I will be sober because I am about to go pop that Antabuse pill right now.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 31st March

Morning Janice
      As you should be proud, congratulations on your 34 days. I lost my parents at very early ages....the loss was devastating and I managed to get through it in an alcoholic haze. I miss them both very much and I only can hope they are looking down and feeling very proud of my success.
      I am finding that my sobriety is clearing the cob webs. I am only one person and cannot be the rock for everyone anymore, nor do I want to be. I can verbalize this now, knowing I will not be accused of "mouthing off" in an alcoholic stuper. It feels so good!!!
      Memories are a wonderful thing, just be there for you mom as her loving daughter and cherish the time you have with her.....
      Everyone to follow, have a great last day of March.....Good luck with your April goals.
      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Monday 31st March

Oh, How could I forget my Charlee??

What wise words, Charlee. I am so happy you are still growing and developing. I'll keep an "eye" on your growth and hope my path follows yours. Your avatar shows what a beautiful bloom you are!!

Love ya!!
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 31st March

Don't worry Cindi, I will never let you forget me!!!!......Your posts are sounding so positive and inspirational...I know you are dealing with "stuff", but you are dealing!!!!....I continue to follow your journey, and I am loving what I am hearing from you.......almost half of a month....WHOO HOO to you!!
          Thanks for the kind words....
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Monday 31st March

Good Morning Abbers!!

Well got my first whole month out of the way and on day 43. I'm really looking forward to April and almost starting to like this routine! Starting my day here *always* helps immensely.

Just when you get comfortable though, life throws you a curve ball, get to try my hand at my first funeral tonight, major deep breath time. But I'm not going to let that rain on my parade, heck Mother Nature is already doing a good job of that as we are getting *soaked* and I mean *wet* wet, wet. Oh well, I will do my thing as usual and have myself another Great AF day and hope you all do too!
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Monday 31st March

good going everyone

thanks cindi in mentioning me

im up and down today mentaly and physicaly so im not up for saying much just now.

but as u know i have appreciated everything that the people here give, so luv ya all.

take care

day 31 AF for me.

Comment

Monday 31st March

MWO Friends: You all sound so positive! I too am on for April...the month I joined MWO. Even though I haven't been perfect from the start, I've had more abs since April 07 than I had in the previous 10 years put together.

As I said in my brief posts of yesterday, our trip to Florida was a round of doc appts, car repairs, financial help, cleaning, etc. for my parents. It really eases my mind that their lives are in better order now.

Yesterday I was a kind of down. I think it was the stress of the week, my son's DUI, & an assortment of other issues. The good aspect is that I didn't drink to blot out the mood. I rode it out & feel better today. That's what sober people do. We're not always going to be in a good mood. I think I was afraid to feel my feelings & drank them away.

I'm back in my child care routine & feel great about it. I'll check back later.

Love to you all...I never realized how much I would miss MWO until I couldn't be here last week.

Mary
                Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 31st March

Spring Training - It's time for a committent !

Good Morning Everyone,

If you don't mind I'd like to jump back in on this awesome AB thread. Trying to only drink on weekends is making it SO difficult during the week to abstain. I'm tired of it. I'm ready to make my first real commitment for 30 days, and I'm sure I'll be needing your help.

I just joined a gym by my home, along with the fitness center I go to here at work. I'm already an avid exerciser, but I'm looking to exercise even more. I signed up for a 5K mile run in the middle of April, so I need to step up my workouts and running.

I also made an appointment for a colonoscopy :moon: next week. I've been putting it off, but I know it is something I need to do.

Janice you should be so proud of 34 AF days ! I feel for you about missing your father. My father is 84 and has been in and out of the hospital since before Christmas. Watching him suffer is just so sad.

Cindi, I have been watching your progress and you are doing amazing. You are such an inspiration.

Charlie, 4theboyz, all the more inspirations for me. So nice to see Mary back.....huge inspiration !!

OK, so I am in it to win it !! On to 30 AF days :yes2: I'm finally ready !!
                  Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Monday 31st March

Goodmorning all!

Yes, charging through April together sounds like a plan! No better way to greet spring than to be healthy and happy. Yeah, I know spring was a couple of weeks ago, but we in the Northeast have yet to expericence it..lol.

Mary!! Good to have you back! I was hoping your vacation was going to be a fun one, but I can relate to you feeling better since your parents are better settled. That must be a huge relief for you. Just don't forget to take some time just for you, ok? I see you being back at home now and back on g-kid duty! lol And as joyous and wonderful that they are, get some "Mary" time in there girl!

Janice, you sound like you are at a good place. I can relate as being the one who does everything for everybody. Yup, about time people handled their own stuff and let us get on with our lives. We have to learn to use that 'no' word more often.

Second, love you honey. Your struggling, I know, but YOU ARE TRYING!! Keep going girl. We are here for you, hun.

Barebones, the 30 day mark can be a bit emotional. A lot of ups & downs, but it will pass. Sobriety is a strage ride, but well worth the cost of the ticket. Don't you worry, sweets.

Miss Oct, congrats on your decision to try Abs. Were with you and will support you as much as you can tolerate us. lol And a 5k???? Geez, I'm too darn tired to get my butt to the coffee pot right now! lol

For those to come, happy Monday. Great to meet Monday morning free of hangover, isn't it?

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Monday 31st March

Hi Everyone, Welcome back Mary . We really missed you. Glad you are back.
                      Welcome Miss October. This is a great place to come everyday for support in staying AF.
                      I find it actually easier to not drink at all then to try to limit or moderate.Try to get through April and we will be here to help you.
                      Barebones- You sound a little down. Hope everything is ok. Stay strong today and come on here if you need some support.
                      Hi to everyone else- Janice, 4TheBoyz,secondchance, charlee,Cindi, hope you have a strong and positive day. Have to run, hope to be back later. Aquamarine
                      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Monday 31st March

Hello everyone!

Such a happy place this is...my kids are back in school from a cold Spring Break - which means I finally get a break!

I spent the weekend doing some work for my parents - stripping wallpaper, painting, etc. Just so much to do here. On Friday after I'd finished, I sat down outside and drank a cold AF beer (BLAH). I had always thought that a cold beer on a hot day was one of the good things - turns out I just liked getting drunk on a hot day Such a voyage of self discovery sobriety is! Thank you all for joining me on this trip.

Janice - you sound so happy. I may actually have to try some of that acceptance stuff you and Det wrote about over the weekend...

Mary - welcome back! aren't you nearly at 60 days?

4theBoyz - you are inspirational - you got through the college reunion and you will get through the funeral. I just know it.

Charlee - always great when you drop in. you are doing so well.

Cindi - you sound so positive. you've come so far in the past few weeks.

SecondChance - good to see you back and committed.

BB - hope you feel better soon. I think right after you've obtained a big goal like 30 days is sort of a dangerous time...brain starts to play tricks. stay close and stay strong.

Miss October - welcome...looking forward to getting to know you better...

Great AF day - Aqua, Det and those who will post later...

Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Monday 31st March

hi everyone
                          Haven't had a chance to get here until now. It's been a good one, and I look forward to a sober evening. Thanks to you all, it's possible. This is day 3 for me, and I'm looking forward to a whole 30 days in April. welcome back retteacher. Tylyr

Comment

Monday 31st March

Today is day 60 for me. It does feel good to know that I can do it. I won't, however, take anything for granted. I know I must always be vigilant. One big strategy for me is to never have any kind of open booze in the house. Even if I don't like it, I would drink it. Yesterday, because of my blue mood, any kind of booze here would have been a real temptation. My husband is such a light drinker, he doesn't even notice the lack of booze or wine. Good luck everyone on your goals. If you think you might want to go abs for any period of time, try coming here & reading & asking questions. This is a great thread. Love you all, Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 31st March

60 days is awesome

Mary - Congrats on sixty days and keeping a focus on the triggers. I'm on Day 56 and will hit 60 soon. Nice thread...

Have a wonderful day all....
                              '
                              Erin

Comment

Working...
                              X