Booze Busters 30 Day AF Challenge - Week of 3/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Day Booze Busters!! Here is a fresh thread for a new AF week in our 30 days at a time journey!

On-going Booze Busters, go to the next thread! For anyone new, here's what us Booze Busters are all about.

Frequesnt Asked Questions (FAQ):

Q: What the sam hill is a Booze Buster?
    A: Anyone who has a serious goal of going Alcohol Free (AF) for 30 days in a row, no matter what.

Q: Do I have to join at the start of the month?
    A: NO!! Your "Day 1" can be at any time. And if you are already into your first month or your hundredth month AF, you can join at any time. All who desire to be AF for at least 30more CONSECUTIVE days are welcome.

Q: Why are you being such a hard a$$ about 30 consecutive days AF?
    A: Because that's how tough I have to be on myself to succeed, and this challenge is meant to be "tough love" when it comes to the goal.

Q: What if I fall off the wagon - do I get kicked out?
    A: NO!! We do hope you will let us help you dust off the seat of your pants, and drag you right back onto the Booze Busters wagon. You will get your butt kicked, but you won't get kicked out. Oh - and we have a Fugly Green Suit you have to wear for a day during your butt kickin'. That suit is worse than the kickin'. Give back your stars and bling and start over at Day 1 (for purposes of this challenge).

Q: What if I am tempted to drink - really really badly tempted?
    A: Come here for a kick in the seat of the pants! Read inspirational threads from start to finish, and if the desire to drink still exists, scream for help in the "Need Help Now" Section and yell for someone to join you in chat. (I wish I had done all that before the fall!!)

Q: What does the Booze Beast look like?
    A: :alf:

Q: How does the group keep track of what day people are on?
    A: We count on YOU to shout out your stats loud and proud every day in whatever way suits you. For me, I'm collecting a star * for every AF day out of due respect for my inner child. At 30 days, collect your bling (thank you Liv for the bling bling word!) Collect a for every consecutive 30 days.

Speak up if you have other questions!! We are here to prove that WE CAN DO THIS! And we can have a little fun while we're doing it! Let us know if you have questions or suggestions as to how we can improve the BOOZE BUSTERS 30 Day Perpetual Challenge.
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Doggie,

Glad you're here, you've been missed!!

On my way
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Happy Monday!

Some of you know that Saturday is dog training day and due to the beer drinking that goes on right under my nose, it's my hardest day of the week. I did not make it through Saturday AF. So yesterday was back to Day 1 and I'm wearing the Fugly Green Suit which is, well, very Fugly. Today is Day 2.

One thing I will NOT do any more is let a fall last for multiple months.

I hope everyone fared better than I did this weekend.

(and no hugging, and no telling me it's OK. For me, drinking is decidedly NOT OK)

Onward..

DG
      Day 2 AF
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

thanks doggy for making this thread.

im up and down today, physicaly and mentaly. had physio circuit training this morning and had day hospital. that went well.now im trying to find energy to take out my dog, im just waiting for my med to kick in to waken me up a bit.

anyway sry i dont have more enthusiasm for u. but good luck on this weeks eventure.

31 days AF

take care all and have good day who comes along.

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread Doggygirl. That's a tricky problem you've got every Saturday. Is there anything you can do to avoid it - leave when the drinking starts? - or isn't that practical?

I still have problems in social situations when lots of people are drinking. I recently went on a group holiday and was worried about how I'd cope in the evenings around people drinking but fortunately there were quite a few non-drinkers in the group and I made sure I hung out with them.

But if everyone's drinking, it's difficult. I have noticed, though, since I've started trying to give up, that quite a lot of people don't drink for whatever reason. I always assumed everyone was as focused on getting pissed as I was! :H
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

DG: I want to commend you on realizing that one slip, one day should not cancel out MWO from your life. That's an open invitation to binge. The day I say: "Oh well, I'm not going to be at MWO for a while" is the day I start an all-out binge. I know that for sure. Get back in gear & try again. I'm not much for kicking butt by the way. I just think you have to start again. As Janice has said: This is not a contest...it's your life. Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

DG, well done for coming back here.....thats the mistake I have made in the past but we need MWO more than ever when we slip. Treat Saturday for what it was...a slip and not a fall. Everytime we slip, we learn and move on. A fall is when we don't come back, we don't learn, we don't move on and like Mary says we start an all out binge.

Make it happen DG, you know you can do it.

Janicexxx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

DG,

Glad to see you up off your A$$ and moving forward!!! You need to plan better for next week. You have been AF through Saturdays before and you are certainly capable of getting through them without drinking. You once said you didn't like beer so you must have gone out of your way to find a preferable beverage - which actually makes the dog training thing sound like an excuse.

There you go...someone had to be tough on you
                Beck
                Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Doggygirl;301472 wrote:
                  One thing I will NOT do any more is let a fall last for multiple months.

Onward..
                  Good morning DG! I'm been roaming the halls all weekend looking for you!
                  So glad to hear that you didn't let this small slip turn into anything more than that...
                  these are what we keep in our minds as "lessons learned".
                  You are aware of the situations that cause problems... now it's time to really do some homework... plan out your strategies for next time.... recognize your weaknesses & start building strength to safeguard your goals.

Btw.... that is one fugly lookin suit!!! LMAO (I know I won't be seeing that on you again )
                  AF 6 years
                  NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

MsGuided: I love your quote at the bottom. Once the honeymoon of not drinking is over (for me, a pretty short time), then the real work starts. Life w/all its warts & defects starts to wear on us. I try to remember that most of the people in the world do not drink just because life throws them a curve ball. Yesterday, I felt somewhat overwhelmed, & I kept telling myself just that. I don't need booze just because I have some probs. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Good day! Well, the computer is MINE!!! For a day or two - hubby off again - you can always tell when he?s home because he?s using the computer for work, and I can?t get at it!!! :upset: But - we are shopping around for a new laptop for me, and then going to get wireless?..eventually, it will happen?.hard to be patient!

DG - I know you don?t want hugs, but at the same time, you have done well just in that you are immediately back on track. As you say, onward?..... the victorious are those who press ever onwards......

Hi to Barebones, Marshy, Mary, Janice, Beck, and Fallen Angel?and all to follow?.I?m off to do a little catching up..Have a great day/evening, depending on the part of this big world you live in!
                      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

DG, I wore the ugly green suit once again on Sunday. But I have to say, the stretches are getting longer and I know that they will stick.

Day 1 done and over with!!!!
                        Goal 1: Today
                        Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

DoggieGirl, I like your thread. This is my 8th day AF and I plan to go AF thru all of April and I LIKE YOUR TOUGH LOVE! I AM IN!
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Morning - I'm still figuring this site out found you all at last!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this site but I'm not getting things done in a morning that I need to anymore - I dive on the computer when I 1st get up! Oh well never mind it's worth it x

Day 3 Af for me and start of a new month - I feel I'm learning more every day

See all you guys later - keep up the good work xx

DG - glad you're ok and got back on your feet straight away xx

Comment

hi all.. hope you all have a good day

dg just to say well done for get back
                              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Working...
                              X