How do I get through day(s) 1,2,3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need help! I tried this program about 6 months ago. The hair loss and lack of sweating problem I experienced made me give up the meds. However, they did help my craving. I am again in trouble. I start drinking about 3 hours after getting up in the morning. If I don't, the physical effects are unbearable. I drink all day, but not a lot at once. I am always in control but require continual alcohol. How do I begin again? It is physically overwhelming! This is the first time I have posted. Before, I simply read and read on this site.

Again, please! Any way to start and get through the first few days???

I am feeling gross, desperate and in big trouble.

Thank you,
    Pamela

Hi pamela and welcome to MWO. I think that writing what you are going through is a great start.
    it sounds like you have a tough time with withdrawal symptoms.

have you ever gone cold turkey before? please be careful. you might need medical help if you are having physical symptoms.

be well and keep us posted.:welcome:
    You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Welcome back, Pamela.

I am glad you made the choice to post this time. As I am sure you know from simply reading, there are tons and tons of caring, well informed people that have already beaten this shitty problem, or are fighting right along with me and you!
      Your drinking patterns are different than mine, so I hope some one that knows more in that aspect happens along soon.
      I just wanted you to know you are not alone, and I care.

Have you ever spoken to your Doctor about how you must keep drinking throughout the day or the physical withdrawl can become unbearable?

Is detoxing in a hospital an option that you could make happen?
      It sounds like you may need to be watched closely because of this sort of drinking...but again, I am not much help, because I am a nightly heavy drinker...and don't have bad withdrawl that presents in physical symptoms aside from anxiety and such.

Keep reading and posting.
      You aren't alone!

XO,
      Keeta
      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

hi there ..pamela..welcome and nice to meet you .there is one thing i have tried and it work for me.
        rubbing alcohol put some on your hands . i know it sounds weird but it helps . and try to take your meds and if you cant stop drinking try to ween yourself to two drinks and there is also aa meeting you can go to. everything to try to stop drinking. learn as much as you can stay busy.. god bless you good luck
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Thank you for your time. I drink about 1 pint of vodka per day. I start feeling acute anxiety and physical discomfort/aches in my neck and back until I have a drink. I keep myself comfortable throughout the day with swigs of V. What would a medical treatment/setting do for me? Do I just have to get through it? I did it about a year and a half ago on my own. It was difficult then, but seems worse now. I am scared. I have a 4 and 8 year old who keep me quite busy. My husband travels often - he is in Europe this week. He sent me an email regarding my problem. It rattled me terribly. I need to do something.
          How do meetings (ie, AA) or sites like this help with the physical aspect? Is there even any medical/pharm. relief?

Comment

hi pamela. it sounds like you might need a bit of help detoxing. by the way it could be dangerous if you try it by yourself.
            do you have a doctor who might be open to help you. I know that they have certain medications to help with withdrawal symptoms. but you would have to be supervised.

acute anxiety and physical discomfort don't sound mild.
            keep in touch and please let us know if you have someone who can be there for you.

be well

Trix
            You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Hi Pamela. I wouldn't think a pint of vodka would make you need to detox physically. It sounds more like you might be psychologically addicted worse. And I'm not sure what to say about that. Hmmm......you'd probably need a doctor's help for that. I'd suggest librium, but that's cause it worked for me. I'm not a doctor......that's just a suggestion.

Good luck!
              Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

coming to this site is great but sometimes its good to talk to people in person. with AA meeting you can go there and talk to anyone one on one and it helps me alot just to be around someone with the same problem. to hear what they have to say . and you can take your kids there if you want to .stay strong you can do this . you said you did it before so try to remember everything you did then. that might help you.
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hi Pamela,

I drank a wee bit more than you and I kind of agree with Noelle. You may be more addicted to your routine and habits which IMO can be the hardest part to make adjustments to. Just do it is what it comes down to. You have clear signals all around you that change is needed and it seems many including your hubby are there to help.

It now is up to you to take the plunge and just do it. Get some meds to help with the creepy crawlies and sleep issues and most importantly *get-rid-of -the booze*!! You can't quit with AL tempting you at home. Try fruit juice "cocktails" and tea for substitutes, exercise, walks and getting out of the house will help immensely too. Keep logging in here as there is always someone willing to listen and help you through the tough moments.

Best wishes. :l
                  Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                  Watch this and find out....
                  http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I agree with Noelle as well. Did you get the MWO book? Check the store today is the last day for the free download. (top of page). Good luck. Talk, people here will listen and will help you.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Welcome, Pamela...
                      Are you being honest with "one pint" of vodka a day? When I was drinking at my worst, it was officially a bottle of red wine a day, but in truth, it was 2 beers, then 1 and 1/2 bottles of wine (sometimes 2), and 2 rum cocktails... not trying to offend, but just asking to make sure that our advice isn't misleading you :heart:...

If you need to talk to someone, just post on here that you'd like to talk (Do NOT post your phone number!!!!!).... those that want to help will PM you their phone numbers, so that you can take the initiative and call. No pressure. Just ears. Or toes, in Greenie's case

As for relief, drinking water with lemon/lime helps detox the liver. Drinking cranberry juice mixed with water helps too. Taking Vitamin B complex is crucial to restore nutrients in your body and control cravings, as is L-Glutamine for cravings... and you can get them at your local pharmacy or Big Box store...

Take care of yourself, Pamela. I'm glad you are finally reaching out to us... You CAN beat this thing. :heart:

Patty
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

OK, I might offend people here who go cold turkey, but could you start by buying half a bottle???? Waiting an extra 10 mins before the next drink?? That is what worked for me ........

Next time you crave a drink, come here instead and wait a while longer..

You CAN do this, if you want to ...... I promise .........

BB xx
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

BB, why should that offend anyone? You so silly. It must be the nose.
                          Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

Noelle;301718 wrote: BB, why should that offend anyone? You so silly. It must be the nose.
                            Some people don't approve of drinking at all .....

Do you mean the lack of nose????
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

BB,
                              how could loving advice offend???
                              It is a website called "MY" way out....the *my* applying to each individual, and what works for them.
                              If one persons success can in turn create another success...then WOW...what an amazing place indeed!

love,
                              K
                              Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                              X