When do you hit rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I am a member of this site and have my own troubles with alcohol. This makes it difficult to judge or counsel a family member affected by it. My step sister has always worked bar/resturant for about 20 years now. She is a pretty hard core drinker from what I have observed. Not to say I have'nt had my share. Anyway, Easter Sunday she totaled her grandmothers car into a telephone pole. I'm sure she was driving it because she could'nt afford insurance on her car or did'nt want to use the party plates. She spent 3days in in the hospital and is basically fine, just pretty beat up. This time her mother drove up from Florida and her dad tried to help. We are children of a mixed marriage and she is basically pissed at everyone and blames everyone for her troubles. Our childhood was kind of screwed up but at some point you gotta let it go. Her mother stated she does'nt think she hit her rock bottom yet. This is troubling, you'd think if you totaled a car that was'nt yours, and family members found out that did'nt know this was your 4th DUI and you almost killed yourself our someone else you'd figure it out ! She has a court date Thur and I hope the sentence is harsh for her life or someone elses.

Kat,
    " When your flat on your back and you can't fall any further ! " It's different for everyone....You'll know when you met your Waterloo.....LOL
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
    X