28 Day Cleanse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 Day Cleanse

The only reason I am starting this thread is to go public with my commitment to doing this cleanse. There is something interesting about making a commitment by telling your friends that you are doing it. Like keeping me AF. Just knowing you are all here as my accountability partners helps me to "do what I say I am going to do". Ok friends this is me - making my commitment public!

So today marks day one of 28 that I am going to do an internal cleanse. I am 3 months AF and 4 months NF (Nicotine Free) and I feel I want to cleanse out of my body any last toxins from both of those poisons. I also stopped topamax a week ago and can't wait to rid any last effects out of my body also. But more than anything I want to UN-ADDICT from SUGAR and REFINED carbs. Since quitting my vices - I am on a Sugar Rampage. The L Glut helps some but I need to un addict like with AL or NIC.

The first week is very gentle cleansing (3 meals of fruit, veggies etc. allowed) - so I am going to be able to ease into it. But for me the "getting started" is always the hard part. So I am looking forward to having the first week down.

Day 1 - :truce:
    1/2 way over and so far so good :H

Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

28 Day Cleanse

Let us know how this goes, I keep 'meaning' to do a full week on just fruits and veg... keep meaning to.... so you will help me if you keep posting about how you are feeling, what you are eating/drinking etc.

Lx
    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Wow Livingfree, you have made some major changes in your life. Good for you. I am interested in the details of your "cleansing". You are going to feel like a brand new person. Keep us posted.

Miso

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Way to go Liv !!!! I am going to do a cleanse in May, I believe in them totally. I still have to kick the butts. That's on the roster for May too.
        Expect a few pm's :nutso: :upset:.

I think you are amazing :h and a huge inspiration!

Love WW xx

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Sounds interesting and extremely healthy...but..... WHERE'S THE BEEF ! :giggle: Sorry. I would be interested in hearing what you are eating/drinking during this cleanse. Right now I'm trying to work into an exercise routine again. Also, it seems hard for me to find good, fresh fruits and veggies where I live. And--I do love MEAT!!
          You are awesome--so glad you're back.:huggy
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Please do tell about the cleanse. Just eat fruit/veggies? Drink some of that stuff with honey and cayenne pepper? Would love more info. Thanks

Myra

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Day 2 starts with a headache

Hi all! Mimi I love the "where's the beef!!" Hopefully in a pasture in your neck of the woods being fed grains rather than growth hormones!!:H WW - you can kick the :k to the curb - but it is wise to plan this out. It is a nasty wd ~ So I may just have to move you in with me during the first weeks!!! Hi Tea, Miso & Myra!

The cleanse I am doing is from Arise and Shine (Cleanse: Arise & Shine Herbal Colon Cleansing). There are 4 phases (one per week) that you take sets of herbs and alternate with a bentonite/Psyllium drink. You eat mostly fruits and veggies - but I am allowing a little chicken or fish in the beginning. (Breakfast: Lots of Fruit ! ~ Lunch a very big salad w/ olive oil/vinegar dressing ~ Dinner: Stir Fry veggies, Soups, Stuffed Potato that sort of thing - and fruit or veggies any time you are hungry) The idea is to reduce the acid forming foods (like meat, sugar, all packaged foods etc.) and cleanse the entire alimentary system - not just the colon with the herbs and the shakes absorb toxins and remove them. Each week you increase the herb sets and add an additional shake. It is not an easy plan - but once you "get going" it gets easier.

I did this for 21 days about 5 years ago - and it was AMAZING. I felt like I was 25 when I was done. But this time feels harder getting started. If I lived alone It might be easier - but I've made it work before - so I can again.

I did great yesterday until about 9:30 PM - I felt icky and ate a large handful of Jelly beans (left over from Easter). UGG! But the sugar must not have slowed things down to much - because I woke up with a major headache. I obviously have more to detox this time around. I am seriously thinking that the topamax is still hiding out in my body and is taking it's own sweet time to leave. Let alone the rest of my past unhealthy lifestyle! So today - I am off and running with day 2: I just have to get through a few days and I should be settled in.

Thanks for your interest! I'll keep you posted.

Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

JELLYBEANS! maybe we should all do the jellybean cleanse. If I ate enough of those I would barf my way to clean!!

I plan to do a cleanse in May, too. I am working with a Personal Trainer this month, so I need a few extra calories and to bump up my protein. Then my new lean body will be ready to clean out the insides.. wooooo-hoooo..

Keep us informed - but not too much.. LOL!!!

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Has anyone done a colon cleanse, can't remember what it is called but a hose up your bum with water cleanse? Did it make you feel better? Sorry but I do want to know, there is a place quite local that is advertising it and I wondered if anyone has had this done.
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Tea it's called a Colonic - I don't have a practitioner in my area or I would go!!! I did go to one a couple of years ago - but to really make it worth it you need to go once a week for about 4 weeks. It was just to far for me to drive everyweek - but I felt awesome ~ for weeks afterward! I would recommend it highly!

:sorry: SORRY MM _ TMI :H

My cleanse has gone well with the exception that I ate some popcorn at the movie last night. I'm not going to get legalistic about it - or I will throw out the whole plan - and I can tell already it's working ---------- so I'm off to day 3! So far so good (It's early morning!)

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

[QUOTE=livingfree;304198]Tea it's called a Colonic - I don't have a practitioner in my area or I would go!!! I did go to one a couple of years ago - but to really make it worth it you need to go once a week for about 4 weeks. It was just to far for me to drive everyweek - but I felt awesome ~ for weeks afterward! I would recommend it highly!

Do a search for Oxy Powder. It really worked for me and *I* think it is a good thing to use before you start a long cleanse and/or a change in eating habits. If you are really 'plugged up' (and you most likely will be if you drank a lot) the usual Psyllium based cleanses do not seem to be able remove the blockage. The Psyllium and Bentonite 'shakes' work well to keep things clean after the Oxy Powder dissolved everything. I will be doing this as maintenance in lieu of continuing the use of Oxy Powder as it is much less expensive. The only rub is that the distribution of Oxy Powder is seemingly tightly controlled and not easily found at discounted prices. I got it on e*ay.

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Hey thank you Fla Boy!!! I am feeling very yucky and not going to the "bathroom" as often as I should being that I filling up with the shakes and herbs. I am going to find the oxy! Perfect timing - thank you so
                        Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Watching your progress, Liv, sounds like you're doing great! The bentonite has raised my curiosity.....my husband uses bentonite in the cattle tanks to keep the water from leaking out. Maybe you should stick to jelly beans! :giggle:

BTW, you and the others have inspired me so much I've ordered a bunch of books, one is about detoxing and cleansing.:thanks:

Love, me
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

livingfree;305084 wrote: Hey thank you Fla Boy!!! I am feeling very yucky and not going to the "bathroom" as often as I should being that I filling up with the shakes and herbs. I am going to find the oxy! Perfect timing - thank you so
                            Liv
                            Your :welcome:

There is a lot of info on the web about cleansing. The opinions are as varied as snowflakes and many sites just seem to exist to put competing products down. If/when you try Oxy Powder just remember that what you may think is gas...well it isn't .
                            Once all the 'stuck yuck' is cleared you will feel :divine:. and, IMHO, the 28 day clease will be much more effective.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Oxy Powder nor do I sell it. I just know it really worked for me. ointup:

FB

Comment

28 Day Cleanse

Florida Boy

Thanks Fla Boy! I was just on their web site - and it makes sense to me. Did you do the liver/gallbladder cleanse also - or just the oxy power? It looks like the food intake isn't very restrictive compared to arise & shine. What did you eat during the 7 days - or did you do the full 7 days? I find this product to "make sense" - but would be glad to hear your first hand experience. (Thanks - you won't gross me out - but if Meditation Mama waltzes through this thread we will have to warn her that it could get graphic. She is easily grossed out! ) :H

Mimi - LOL - I thought the same thing about the Bentonite - that is why they use it to clean the tanks! It absorbs garbage! My husband used it to fix a leaking basement around the foundation!! :H I think you will want to do a cleanse - as cig toxins can stay in your body for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liv

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Working...
                              X