acceptance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acceptance

after falling twice in the last month, (after a 3 month stint AF) my last TWO bottles of wine were last night. I have finally accepted AF. No more romantic notions about a lovely glass of wine because I have just experienced the proof I needed that I cannot just have 'a lovely glass of wine.'

Before I worried about social situations and drinking friends thinking I was boring and how would I cope without drink. Since making the acceptance decision (and I'm just talking about the last couple of hours) I feel strong and the pressure is off.

Drinking friends? well they'll just have to accept that I no longer drink. I'm not even bothered now about what excuses to use.

Early days I know. I have ordered Kudzu, will buy l-glut and I am just about to start the hyno cds again.

It has been a long journey getting here but I finally arrived
    Honour Thyself

acceptance

well done

hope you all the best
    jackie
    there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

acceptance

Emily,

One of the most powerful aspects of MWO is that it is truly My Way Out!!

No one is here to tell you what or how you should attack this problem and no one is here to tell you not to even try if you are considering moderation.

I am one of those who wanted to mod, too, and discovered through many attempts that it is not for me. Just not doable.

It sounds like you have reached that decision and just like when I did, it was a relief. Whew!!

Stay close for the next week or so until you get past any withdrawals and physical cravings. We will all be here for you.

Love,
      Cindi
      XVIII
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

acceptance

Hi Emily

Firstly, well done for your 3 months AF!!! That is such an achievement in itself - you've done it once, so you can do it again!!

Secondly, well done for recognising that at the moment "one is never enough". From what I have read, many people on Kudzu & L-glut manage to moderate - I suppose that experimenting further down the line is the only way to find out if you can.

Good luck on your future journey!! :goodjob:

Take care
        XXX
        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

acceptance

Good luck Emily,

It sounds as though you are very committed to your journey and at least you are prepared and practiced at the role of your AF days ahead. My own AF friends are some of the most sincere people I know and actually a lot of fun to be with. I embrace that positive imagery I behold of them and reflect that upon myself and feel all the better of my choice to be AF and damn proud of it.
          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
          Watch this and find out....
          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

acceptance

You can do it Emily...It seems you've set your mind to it and that,without a doubt, is the most important part.I look forward to you posting here to celebrate you 1st year.I know you can do it with all the help, advise and love you find around..how can you fail! I know cos it worked for me....
            Good luck
            Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Working...
            X