A new weight loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new weight loss thread

Hi everyone, I did this over a year ago, and Eustacia did one in January and they were both very successful ......

I have been a slimming world consultant for over 10 years so I would be happy to give any advice or provide recipes.

I also have good knowledge of other weight loss plans as well .....

I will be weighing every monday morning and sharing my goals ........

Please feel free to join me anyone ............

Love & hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

A new weight loss thread

The disappointment in my sobriety is that I have gained a few pounds. Diets don't work, but I am simply making it a point of eating a fruit or vegetable every 2-3 hours. I've been eating too many sweets - someone said that a dill pickle quenches that craving, so I will try that. The gardening season is here, so I will be much more active.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Hi Sunbeam, unfortunately quick fix diets don't work but healthy eating does ..........

Interesting about the pickles ..... I love them .........
      sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Hi everyone :new:
        Great idea and just what I am looking for. I have been on weightwatchers for oh years on and off. I am starting Day 1 of 30 AF days today. Even though generally I count my wine points in I have found that I am still not losing weight, even though I exercise really well - most days managing a 5 mile run/power walk. Could it be possible my body is used to the weightwatcher diet and I should try something else? Your advice would be much appreciated. Obviously cutting out the wine will really help but I want to lose around a stone in 6 weeks. :thanks: SetoXXXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I'm in...I soooo need to lose.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Really good good eating books I have read include Midless Eating and Volumetrics. In Defense of Food is also fabulously informative. Any other suggestions? I have the impression the Weight Watchers also offers really sound advice.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Betty B - awesome - I am currently on a "cleanse" - but as soon as I am done with it - I have some weight I need to lose - I stopped smoking in Nov - stopped drinking in Jan and I have GAINED. I think the SUGAR/CARB/HIGH refinded foods might become my new addiction if I don't do something! So I am in! Thank you for being our motivator/guide/leader and all that if you are willing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :l
              Liv
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

A new weight loss thread

I'm in!

I've been trying(not very hard) to lose since the beginning of the year. I am determined not to gain weight after I quit smoking Jan 1st.

So far I'm down about 5lbs for the year, but I'd like to lose 25 more. I've been keeping track of all calories I eat/drink each day. I try to limit myself to 1200 calories and if I want to eat more I need to burn off those calories ahead of time using my elliptical.

It works when I do it, however I am not as good about it as I should be!
                Marcie

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Seto;305329 wrote: Hi everyone :new:
                  Great idea and just what I am looking for. I have been on weightwatchers for oh years on and off. I am starting Day 1 of 30 AF days today. Even though generally I count my wine points in I have found that I am still not losing weight, even though I exercise really well - most days managing a 5 mile run/power walk. Could it be possible my body is used to the weightwatcher diet and I should try something else? Your advice would be much appreciated. Obviously cutting out the wine will really help but I want to lose around a stone in 6 weeks. :thanks: SetoXXXXX
                  Seto, It's a common misconception that our bodies get used to what we eat and therefore eventually stop losing weight with our foods, however, in truth we get fed up with eating the same foods and same patterns so we tend to 'cheat' a little bit more often ..........

That is the reason why we tend to lose more when we try something different ......

BB xx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Dolly Sunshine;305333 wrote: I'm in...I soooo need to lose.
                    Hi Dolly, I will be setting my targets tomorrow, are you joining us???

BB xx
                    sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

livingfree;305409 wrote: Betty B - awesome - Thank you for being our motivator/guide/leader and all that if you are willing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :l
                      Liv
                      Livingfree I will do my best .......

BB xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

memarcie;305412 wrote: I'm in!

I've been trying(not very hard) to lose since the beginning of the year. I am determined not to gain weight after I quit smoking Jan 1st.

So far I'm down about 5lbs for the year, but I'd like to lose 25 more. I've been keeping track of all calories I eat/drink each day. I try to limit myself to 1200 calories and if I want to eat more I need to burn off those calories ahead of time using my elliptical.

It works when I do it, however I am not as good about it as I should be!
                        Marcie, soooo very true .............
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

i'm in!!!

need to shed this wine weight, hate when my jeans don't fit right....very depressing

couple of ?'s:

1. how do you really keep track of calories?...i know i can read the label, but i cook a lot, and can't figure how to track every bit of everything i eat.
                          2. goals, how to be realistic....i want the sports illustrated bathing suit model body!!!!!
                          3. what is a stone's equivalence to pound?

i need the daily kick in the arse...been lazy...thank you bb for this thread!

Comment

A new weight loss thread

flyinhigh;305462 wrote: i'm in!!!

need to shed this wine weight, hate when my jeans don't fit right....very depressing

couple of ?'s:

1. how do you really keep track of calories?...i know i can read the label, but i cook a lot, and can't figure how to track every bit of everything i eat.
                            2. goals, how to be realistic....i want the sports illustrated bathing suit model body!!!!!
                            3. what is a stone's equivalence to pound?

i need the daily kick in the arse...been lazy...thank you bb for this thread!
                            To really keep of track of them 100% you should weigh all the ingredients as they go in. The eating plan I lost 3 stone with gives you 'free foods' that you don't have to weigh or measure ........ Slimming World - discover the amazing you

Yes you need to be realistic, but having a goal is important!!! Keep looking at the pictures if it helps ...

A stone is 14 pounds ............

BB xx
                            sigpicXXX

Comment

A new weight loss thread

Here is 7 day eating plan for vegetarians .... Free Trial Menu - 7 Days of Slimming Success! - Slimming World

and for meat eaters .... Free Trial Menu - 7 Days of Slimming Success! - Slimming World
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X