Sunday April 6 Daily Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a good Saturday night. I know the weekend can be tough.
    I have a bridal shower to attend today. In the past, with my family , these were great big parties that I would imbibe in. It's taken me a couple of years but I feel like I have actually pretty much wiped out one of my biggest triggers which was drinking with my family. So I'm not really worried about today which is such a feeling of accomplishment when I think about it. How is everyone else doing? Take Care and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Just pasting my post from the other thread...

Its mid-afternoon here - where is everyone today??? Well after a couple of beautiful spring days here in England, today we have heavy snow!!

My son's just left for the station to travel back to Bath......so I have an empty nest again but I've lots to do and I'm determined to make the most of the next 2 weeks of my holidays. Day 40 for me, swam this morning and just going to have a nice quiet few hours ....might even do some hypno!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend......might check in later see how everyone is!

Janicexxx

Comment

Hello Aquamarine and Janice :new:
      Can I join yous for the monthly abstinence? I would like today to be my Day 1 of my 30 days AF. I'm 31 have two beautiful children (2 years and a baby 5 months) and started up drinking again after I had my 5 month old. It has gotten out of hand and I was up to over a bottle of wine a night. I'm hoping to share my ups and downs with you all if you'd let me and hopefully I can do this. I'm scared that I will suffer withdrawal symptoms but hopefully I will get through this. I'm starting to feel slight cravings for tonight (I drink only at night once the little ones are in bed) I would love some support. I find your stories inspirational. Well done on Day 40 Janice. Much love to everyone and well done, hoping to achieve the same soon. XXXSeto

Comment

Hello Abbers!

Cold and raining here. Pouring, actually. I will spend today painting at my mother's house. Not much fun but big improvement when I'm done.

Janice - 40 days is great. I read your entry last night - good for you for getting through it sober. I hate when I'm a grouch b/c I'm not drinking when others are. I think the more we deal with it positively the easier it gets. And now I'm going to admit that I wanted a drink with my husband last night. Didn't though my mind was rationalizing like crazy!!! Snow in Kent? Odd.

Aqua, Good for you for getting past the family drinking trigger. Not drinking around my family is one of the easiest things for me - mostly b/c I'm convinced they used to talk about my consumption behind my back. Guess they had cause.

Seto, you are welcome here. Good to get AF time under your belt while your kids are young. I didn't drink when mine were really young - At one time I had 3 girls under 4 years old. Funny, I never actually thought about why I wasn't drinking then...probably just exhausted! Post daily, it does help.

Have a great AF day everyone...
        Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Hell All,

It is pouring down rain here in Washington but I dont care! I woke up without a hangover and read the paper while I watched it rain and I feel like a million bucks! Day 14 AF for me and I made it thru my second Saturday night in a row AF. LIFE IS GOOD!

PS WElcome Seto!
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Goodafternoon, all!

Seto, everyone's welcome here. We'd love to hear more about you. You can do this. Have faith and stay strong to your commitment.

Very tired this week. Can't seem to get caught up on sleep, even though I got a solid 7 hrs last night and that's a lot for me. Oh, well, muddling through.

Keep up the great work everyone. Don't ever allow yourself to falter. It's just not worth it. No liquid in the world tastes good enough to give up what you have and still want to achieve!! Remember that.

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Happy Sunday All,

I used to dread Sundays but I was looking foward to today as I knew I would feel accomplished making it through Sat night AF. With each dayit feels a bit more normal to be AF. So far I have eaten out in our favorite restaurant 3 times without ordering wine. It almost seems normal now (of course I thought the waiter would faint the first time I ordered AF beer instead of wine)

Today is another dreadfully dreary day here....40 degrees and cloudy!!! Forecast is for 60 degrees and sunny on Wed and I will look foward to that......also because Wed will be day 10 and I like entering double digits!!!

A warm welcome to Seto!!!!This is a great group. I look foward to getting to know you.

Enjoy a peaceful relaxing Sunday.

Janet

Comment

Hi everyone

Cold and snowey here too. Pain after all the lovely spring weather during the week. Have had a good week-end so far with no cravings. The cd's and supplements really do help. Congratulations Janice, well done, you should be proud of yourself.

Enjoy the rest of the week-end.

Rustop

Comment

Happy Sunday AB critters!!

Janice, kudos on the big 40days! and CMH guy on breezing through another weekend

had something really cool happen yesterday. A large bird came to visit and it appeared quite tame. it cam right up to the screen door and made eye contact and proceeded to explore all around the yard for more than an hour. it also has a healthy set of lungs on it...yikes! Looked it up in the bird book and it's a chukkar. A game bird in most areas and usually very skittish. got a couple great photos. so we put out some feed and water but it's not here today. sniff sniff. I want a pet!!! oh well...we'll see.

Feeling very good and sore from yesterdays jiu jitsu workout. you know it's odd but today I felt that I could actually 'feel' my mind healing after years of al abuse. just an interesting visualization I had while trying to be conscious of my body.

also really enjoying an audio version of "A New Earth" by Eckart Tolle...I'm really impressed. so inspiring and well written.

Seto, nice to have you here!

Enjoy your AF Sunday my friends
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, I've just finished "The Power of Now" and am about to start A New Earth. Couldn't put it down...though there was a lot that went over my head....one of those books that I'll definitely be re-reading. Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Well....after cooking all afternoon for kids,husband and me(we all eat different things), sending my oldest son back to college after the weekend at home, doing lots of cleaning etc, I was looking foward to settling down and watching "A Painted Veil" . I've seen the movie before and loved it and was/am looking foward to seeing it again and relaxing.

Husband just calls and asks if I want to go to friends' house. This definately means an evening of wine. Now, of course, I could go and not drink. WHY SHOULD I AT THIS POINT!!!! I would only be endangering my future sobriety by putting myself in temptation's way.
                      So, I've decided I'm going to dig my heels in on this. I'm not going to expose myself, at this early stage, to a night of enticing wines.

Det. and Janice, I'm almost done reading "A New Earth". I had to take it slowly as it's alot to digest at one but I sure have learned a lot.

Janet

Comment

wise choice Janet...stay home and relax!!
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Count me in! 30 days AF. I know we can all do this!

Comment

Hi Everyone: I just got back from a get-together w/old eating & drinking buddies. We reminisced & had a nice brunch. No mimosas for me. As I said in a thread I started last night, I won't be around MWO as much as usual. We have the g-sons all day every day next week. I hope I'm not a wet noodle by Fri. See you briefly as much as possible. Mary
                            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                            X