Monday 7th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 7th April

Good morning!!! Well, my nest feels very quiet this morning but got lots to do in the house. Getting some plastering work and decorating done over the next few weeks so got a couple of bedrooms to sort out! Seeing as the snow is still on the ground, I won't get in the garden today so a day for indoor jobs which suits me fine. A few weeks ago that would have meant "jobs in the house = wine on the go" but not now. Jobs in the house = coffee on the go!!!

Aqua, hope you survived your bridal shower okay. Seto, how did Day 1 go? We would love to share your ups/downs with you - are you taking any supplements for the cravings??

cmhguy3 - day 14 and you sound great!!! I so agree - life IS good!

Janet - good move not going to friends, why put such a big temptation in the way at this stage? You're doing really well getting through the weekend.......and staying busy too!!

Rustop - good to see you sounding determined as ever - I agree about the cds though have to say I'm not taking the vits/supps this time.

Katarina, its good to have you join us!! Beck, Thankful, Det, Mary, its always good to hear from you....Mary take special care this week if you can't get "on" much.

If I've missed anyone, I'm sorry, there's so many of us these days.....its a lovely friendly thread and I look forward to it every morning.

love to everyone and see you later.....

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Monday 7th April

Hi Janice and all to come

Thanks for the positive start Janice. Great to see you doing so well. Am on Day 8 and feeling good. Making time to listen to the cd's and I think it does help with the cravings. I got away lightly over the week-end. When you feel this good it's seems crazy to think of going back drinking.

Every so often we need a not so nice reminder of where it can lead to. Our evening paper the other day screamed MUM'S GLASS OF WINE THAT LEFT GIRL DISABLED!! A mum who drank too much wine at a family dinner, crashed her car, leaving her seven year old daughter badly injured and was further devastated when her father-in-law committed suicide over the incident. It seems she had had the wine at his house. One part of the article stated she was only half a glass over the limit but later said she had had 4 small bottles of white wine which is the equivalent of a big bottle. Way, way over the limit. Either way can you imagine having to live with that. Her daugher has brain injuries, blind in one eye, deaf in one ear and with no sense of smell. I know that's a bit depressing but as I said sometimes its no harm to reflect on where drinking can lead.

Hope everyone has a good AF week.

Rustop

Comment

Monday 7th April

Hi Everyone. Finally a half decent day here. I have alot of things to get done in the house today too Janice. And yes I'm alot more efficient when I don't have a couple glasses of wine in the afternoon to take the edge off the boredom. Thanks for starting the thread this morning. I too enjoy starting my day with it. It kind of helps to start my mind started focused in the right direction
      Rustop- I cannot get through one CD without falling asleep. Not sure what that says about me . Guess I'm more tired than I think. That story is so awful about the mother and daughter. It really does remind you that alcohol is a seriously dangerous substance to mess around with. I don't want to become one of those people who is constantly talking about the vices of alcohol to people but I have to say my whole attitude has completely changed in regards to it in the past couple years as I have pulled myself out out this hole.
      It is such a dangerous detrimental thing for many people to have in their life, including myself. Hi to everyone to come. Be well and Stay Strong! Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Morning!!

Good Morning Abbers,

Sounds like the weekend went frailly well for all. Day 9 here; all you nine day people, lets go for double digits on our way to 30!!

Yup, no good has ever come of driving drunk. Stats say 10% of all weekend drivers are impaired. And violators do it some 72 times a year. For me I'm thankful in my drinking days, my hubby drove. He's the jerk who can stop after 1 or 2 beers.:H

Janice, been thinking a lot about your accomplishments, you should be very proud. I'm sure being clear headed is a great help as you help your daughter. I pray she finds healing and peace in her life.

Seems like my life has achieved a level of quality these days that's it's lacked in the past. The time I spend with my children and hubby has been priceless. Some annoying health problems are resolving themselves. I feel a new level of self-esteem and I like it!

Hope you all continue on with success

On my way
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Morning,

A sunny but cold morning here but hopefully it should warm up this week.

Janice,.... snow on the ground.......thankfully we don't have that but I sure wished I lived a little further south at this time of year! I'm sure the many AF days that you have behind you warm up your heart so that the snow doesn't bother you. You'll be in the garden soon!!

Rustop, what an awful story!!Sometimes what seems like such a minor misdeed(driving drunk) has such dire consequences. Of course, while drinking, you often don't realize how impaired you are. Thank you for reminding us
          On My Way, my husband is another "jerk" who can stop at 1 1/2 drinks. Thankfully he drove in the past but I'm ready to resume my driving seat now!!!!
          Aquamarine, I listen to the cd's at night as I have the same problem. I'm out like a light as soon as I turn them on

Secondchance, my favorite recovery book of all time in "Sober for Good" I keep it by my bed(yes, in a drawer so it's not out in the open). If I feel weak I dive into some really great advice.

I'm running off to the Gym now as class is at 930 and if I miss that I KNOW I won't exercise.

Will checkin later. Have a good morning

Janet

Comment

Monday 7th April

Hi All
            Just visiting really, hope that's okay. I'm also AF today and for the past week, as part of my moderation plan. I'm not counting days as such, but am counting my blessings. I cannot be happier now that I have a plan that works for me, which involves a serious amount of time not drinking!

I have shocked myself out of my Bad Habit Zone. I have shifted dramatically and gone
            from 30+ years of drinking too much, to regular 30+ days AF
            ( built around my commitments and logged in my diary!)
            I feel fantastic, but trust me, never complacent.

I started with 90+ days AF in the Autumn of last year and am now on my second 30 Day AF this year. It feels exciting as I am a different person these days. Strongly into the AF lifestyle-which can stand for Alcohol- Free, Anxiety -Free, Always-Free! Always-Fun? Now that would be too much to hope for! I am sufficiently realistic not to presume that life will be a continual bed of smellies, but I always have been a cup-half-full kinda girl.

I do feel good and different inside and this feeling is linked to increased confidence and a more interesting lifestyle which is there to be grasped by all who determine to be free of the alcohol-is-a time-consuming-and ultimately-a boring-activity-trap.

I have had some truly great experiences since I kicked booze into touch, and the longer Idistance from excessive booze-binging, the better I like it! What's not to like? I am more sucessful, more courageous, more able to accept good fortune, which is just as well as good things happen more often-or is it that I am more awake and alert to notice my life is everything I want?

Anyway!

It's the same message really. I think you people rock and I wish you the absolute best, and you know what, every day AF is a day nearer your perfect life! Warts and all, it will be perfect, cause you will be strong and confident enough to slice those warts right off .... or simply ignore them if you are squeamish like me

IF I CAN YOU CAN

love to you all!

You are doing great and I'd love to see your smiles as you must feel so good about your AF achievements.

hope it's ok to come back and visit sometime

Anna :h
            IS MILIS FION,ACH IS SEARBH A IOC
            Wine is sweet, but paying for it is bitter

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Morning my Abber friends,

This is my mainstay thread. I love thinking of being abs ODAT and striving for the monthly goal. It is very liberating without having to look at an entire lifetime. Even though my true plan is total abstinence for the rest of my life, these smaller chunks are much easier to get my mind around.

I had a wonderful weekend. We celebrated my eldest grandson's 10th Birthday. We did it at my house and had bought some outdoor games for them to play. The weather cooperated and by the time of the party it was sunny and in the 70s. I had 5 grandkids running around and playing and not one tear all afternoon. (Anyone with kids knows what I am talking about.)

However, after the party, I realized how incredible it was that not one adult in my house had any alcohol the entire time. All of us were "there" for the kids and I am certain that had a lot to do with the success of the party.

Things are not going well with my daughter and now I have added worries about her and her husband. Thank Heavens I am now sober and able to look at things with a clear mind.

Love to all my abberoo friends. Please have a wonderful Monday. I am weird, I love Mondays because they are a start for a new week.

Love,
              Cindi
              XXI
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Morning All,

I am proud of EVERYONE for making it thru the weekend AF! Sounds like we all "saw" some positive reinforcements that we are on the right path, I know I did. No headaches, body aches or depressed thoughts. And I agree with Cindi, it's Monday and I am looking forward to the week! Cant recall the last time I was excited about a Monday! Twisted I know! LOL

Londoner thanks for for the post, You sound very positive and upbeat this morning, It is contagious! I like all your different meanings for AF. I will incorporate into my daily vernacular!

Guy
                Day 15 AF
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Monday 7th April

Woops!!

Janice and Cindi,

Got names reversed, maybe I'm not as clear as i think I am. As my kids would say "my

bad" You are both awsome and a fine example to us all.

Thanks, on my way
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Monday 7th April

On My Way,

np from this front. I totally understand. We have so many on this important thread these days and that is a GOOD thing!!

Your thoughts were taken as they were meant.

I suffer from PAWs a bit and was explaining to my hubby that I may get a little disoriented from time to time for the next year or so of abstinence. That is okay by me because it just means I am actually healing.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    XXI
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 7th April

Good Morning ABbers!

I actually wrote a longer post and then lost it. ARGH!!!

Everyone sounds great.

I had my crazy busy weekend - all things to all people. Tough sometimes but always worthwhile.

Now I have to share a story...bear with me.

Saturday night I actually tried to put myself INTO a drinking situation. Once I realized what I was doing I got a grip and logged into MWO. Read Thankful's post about "faltering" something I admitted to at least considering. Oh, the rationalizations. Sunday night I had my first ever "drinking" dream. The upshot of which...I had an after-work event and I downed a quick beer before the event...then I grew agitated, frustrated and PANCIKED b/c I couldn't figure out how to discretely get a few more drinks in me before the event. After I woke up and realized it was a dream I was fairly amused. At least my subconscious knows I can't mod Okay, the end of Beck's stupid brain tricks.

Glad to see everyone here doing so well. Cindi, I know how precious those 20 days are to you. well done.

Janice, Aqua, OMY, CMH3guy, you all sound wonderful.

Anna, nice post - join us anytime!

Rustop, thanks for the reminder.

Second, good luck. stay close.

Have a great day all!,
                      Beck
                      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Monday 7th April

Morning Abs crowd!

This is day one for me, or yesterday was. I started on Antabuse to help me get a stretch in that I cannot seem to accomplish with my pathetic willpower alone! I have done really well for the most part moderating since I joined here, but each time I would try to do 30 days or even 10 days, I would fail each time. So when others here began sharing their success with Antabuse and how it just takes the option to drink at all off the table, I began to ponder if this was right for me. Finally got up the guts to order it. It arrived last week along with some unexpected family mini-crisis, so I decided I could not survive my mini-crisis without knowing I could at least have a little wine to take the edge off. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but I decided that yesterday was the day no matter what. It made me a bit sick last night, but I think it is just "my system" as no one else seems to have had any trouble. I'm better this morning and looking forward to another day and a week full of (hopefully) energy and AF surprises.

I will definitely be reading here for encouragement and support.

"The Londoner", I just wanted to say that your thread under "my story" has given me so much excitement and inspiration. I know you posted it a while back -- your journey going AF, and it really moved me so I printed it out and have been reading it a lot. It is tucked in my nightstand drawer to pull out and read any time I may feel discouraged. Thanks for sharing that again.

Thanks for all of your support~
                        Allie
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Monday 7th April

Hi Everyone: What a great thread today! I do have the 3 & 4 yr. old g-sons every day this week...son-in-law & daughter caught up in work schedule. It's fun but leaves little time for MWO. I just can't go wo/MWO every day. I depend on it. Cindi, aren't alcohol free parties great. We get to have actual memories of what happened. Got to go. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 7th April

Happy Monday ABadoobies far and wide!

wow, great stuff here today.

Londoner, what a super charged positive post..love it!

Mary, congrads on last nights accomplishment! I had a similar night and it was great:

Dx and I went to a friends house and I brought a special bottle. it was a carafe of Teavana tea that I made ahead of time and iced. it was a hit! nobody drank AL and it was a lovely evening happy to say.

be well friends
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 7th April

Hi everyone
                              As you may well have read I am new to this board and this is my first try at abstaining. I didn't drink last night and was ok but am climbing the walls tonight. It is 7.30 pm here in England and I feel irritable, anxious, tired, depressed, very very low. I am craving wine like I don't know what. Please help me with some advice on what to do before I go crazy. Don't think I can do this. You are all so positive and I feel so negative. Is this how it is when you first start out?? Help, Seto XXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X