Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Words of encouragement - Please!

Hi there,

Dont know if I'm posting properly. I've sent a couple through but dont see them anywhere.
    New to this - can you tell? Finally admitting I have a problem, never thought I would but it's so clear as I sit here trying to shake this hangover. It's the worst feeling. I wish one or two glasses of wine were enough - reality is I could do a bottle on my own. I have two boys who have never mentioned anything but I know they worry. I need to be sober, I want to be sober. I've been navigating the web in search of a place to share. Please, some words of wisdom!

Hi Sober,

Have you read the book or looked into the program at all? The supplements are great at feeding our brain the right chemicals; those that we have depleted from drinking too much. I also love the hypnotherapy CDs. All of these combined with the right mindset can help you achieve your goals. Oh and the support here is wonderful. So keep posting away. I wish you the best! :welcome:
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

This is the very best site I have ever found! I'm just starting the CD's and am reading the book... it's hard to put down. Spend the next 2 days just reading as many of the threads as you can What you will read will blow your mind. It's as through you could have written it all yourself. :h

Comment

Hi Sober R and welcome,

You have made the first step toward recovery....admitting you have a problem. That's why we are all here. You will not be alone in your battle to become sober or AF(alcohol free) as we call it here. Can't stop at one or two, must have at least the whole bottle. I have two boys also, and I want to be around for them for a long time. You've come to a great site. So much support and inspiration here. Everyone is welcome. Read, read, and read some more. Get the book if you can, and take some vitamin supplements and L-Glutamine for cravings. Good luck to you and stay in touch by posting and let us know how you are doing.
        Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

How old are your boys? I have two boys also, ages 4 & 8. I love them dearly but my problem seemed to start when they came into this world and radically changed my life. Tell me more about your deal. I'm interested in your story and need help myself. Maybe we can share and swap ideas.
          P

Comment

Hi Sober Reality,Welcome,

Lushy and Miss Oct. have given some great advice. My suggestions would be the same, beginning with the book. Reading and posting here is great support, but it is the "Program", that really help YOU to make a plan and get your health under control in order to help make sobriety possible for you. Luckily for us, we do not need to reinvent the wheel on this, Roberta Jewel, the author of this program has done all of the research and enlisted all of the experts for us! All we need to do is committ!

The board is a great support network. Yes, by all means read, post, ask questions. Hope to see you around here!

Kate
            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Grateful for your words of encouragement

OMGoodness! I am so grateful and so touched by your responses. I cant stop crying, just so relieved that I can tell someone. Lushy - I havent had a chance to look into the program but believe me I will.

Pamela - my boys are 15 and 13, truly the loves of my life. They're great kids and deserve me at my best.

Where to begin - married 20 years to an amazing man. He loves me dearly and is a great father. I love him as well but sometimes wonder how in love I am with him. Its all me ---

I've been in a fog for so long. Its easy to have a drink - my bandaid. Easy really, a group of us hang out in a very convenient spot on our way home...have a couple to "wind down". Every excuse in the book. I'm ready to take control.

Gelgit, Miss Oct, Kate...thank you all for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. I'm truly looking forward.

Comment

OMGoodness! I am so grateful and so touched by your responses. I cant stop crying, just so relieved that I can tell someone. Lushy - I havent had a chance to look into the program but believe me I will.

Pamela - my boys are 15 and 13, truly the loves of my life. They're great kids and deserve me at my best.

Where to begin - married 20 years to an amazing man. He loves me dearly and is a great father. I love him as well but sometimes wonder how in love I am with him. Its all me ---

I've been in a fog for so long. Its easy to have a drink - my bandaid. Easy really, a group of us hang out in a very convenient spot on our way home...have a couple to "wind down". Every excuse in the book. I'm ready to take control.

Gelgit, Miss Oct, Kate...thank you all for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. I'm truly looking forward.

Comment

The support is definately here! The committment part is so true also. Its all laid out for us just do it, that's what I'm telling myself. I will still have issues but if I can go AF I know I can be a better mom to my girls and a better person to myself! You're not alone here that's for sure. The problem with the "outside" world is that people who don't have this addiction don't understand why we can't just stop and others can be just down right cruel or condecending. Today I'm dealing with a cruel x-husband and a very condecending mother, so my challenges will be hell today, but the first thing I thought was get on this site and start talking and already I'm going back to positive thinking.

Good luck to all of us and stick around, these people are wonderful and so are you. We are worth getting healthy whether that is AF or moderation.

Hang in there!

Comment

Don't let the "mother" or the husband get to you. After many years, and many years too late, I realized that if I had changed, they wouldn't have me as a punching bag anymore. Therefore, they really didn't want me to change and to stop drinking. Life is so damn complicated! Well, I hope your day is good and that everyday you stay AF you will be feeling a shade happier:h g.

Comment

I'm new here, too. Also new to admitting that I can't control my alcohol. In addition to that, I've been bulimic for almost 30 years. Two go together. Soooo tired and frustrated. What kind of Mom am I going to be to my 4 1/2 year old daughter and my 3 year old son if I can't get my act straight? In so much pain, physically and mentally. Just want to check out for awhile and get help. Husband has no idea it's this bad. The advice on here sounds good, so I'm gonna stick around and check things out. I'm liking the kind words and accepting attitudes. No judgement is good.

Comment

MM

I too have been bulimic then AL took over, but even now I sometimes still can't put the chocolate down. I think the AL was another way to escape and deal with life's issues.

In putting down the drink I have had to relax and let go of my eating - the most important thing is sobriety and I believe the eating will become easier as I relax more.

I think many others on here may have similar experiences too.

One day at a time has never been truer.

Comment

Hi there Sober and maggiemae,
                          Lots of very good help and advice here; as well as support if you find yourself struggling.
                          Best wishes to you both.

Comment

Working...
                          X