Wednesday 9th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 9th April

Hi, just a quick start Special People today.....I'm off for my swim and running late!!! Hope everyone has a great day - the sun is shining, its a beautiful morning here in England and its good to be alive!!!

Thought it would be relevant for us to reflect on what we are grateful for today???

Me first then - I am soooooo grateful that I know how to use a computer, have found MWO, and all of you special people. Without those, I know I wouldn't be in the good place I'm in today!!!

I'll check in later.....

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Wednesday 9th April

Hi Janice

I second your thanks for having MWO come into my life. I am also thankful for my health without which we have nothing. I have abused my body for years and it feels so good to be back taking care of it.

Just a point of interest. I am on a healthy eating plan at the moment trying to loose 10lbs before the summer. Three meals a day with fruit in between. No white bread and no junk. Since cutting out all the sugar I have noticed a decrease in cravings. Now, I am doing the cd's and taking the supplements
    as well so maybe thats it but I think cutting out the sugar is helping as well.

On Day 10 and feeling positive.

Rustop

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Hi Everyone. Finally going to be warm here today, it is about time. Rustop, great job on Day 10. You are getting up there. Janice great idea to reflect on what we are grateful for .
      I am grateful to have this place and everyone here for support. I am also grateful that I
      "saw the light" in regards to how detrimental my alcohol "addiction" was to me and my entire life, and that I have been able to get to a point where I feel like it is in the realm of possibility to beat this . I know some of us are struggling a bit. I hope today is a little easier for you and you can gather your strength to be strong. Take Care, Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

I too, couldn't have done this without all of you.....I am greatful for all the changes I have gone through since "surrendering" to the alcohol. The physical changes...no bloat, better skin etc. are great, but I am noticing each day my mental being is getting stronger and stronger. Making strides to stand up for myself, not hiding behind the guilt of the booze. For those struggling, please hang in there...it is so worth it!!...Thanks Janice, great topic!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

gratitude

I have alot of gratitude towards this site and all you lovely people here!! I have to be grateful for my job also, which has me running 100 miles per minute these days, as opposed to a few weeks ago, when I was sitting here bored out of my brains!!! there IS a happy medium somewhere, right!??

Anwyay, I am also happy to be back from vacation, and to have a moment to log on and say hi to all you beautiful, wonderful people!!

lots of love,:h

HUGS!!!:l

MA
          :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Morning Everyone,

Gratitude...Hmmm

I am grateful that I made it through the past few days without a drink.
            That I have 66 days of good choices to draw strength from.
            That I have a husband who wants to believe the best of me.
            For the chaos that is 4-7 pm in my house - my family coming back together at the end of the day
            That I am determined to view this time in a positive light rather than negative.
            That I am beginning to feel like a non-drinker rather than a drinker who is being deprived.
            That I found MWO and will not leave (even for a few days) while I feel week.
            That you folks stick with me even when I seem to be coming off the rails.

Thanks everyone,
            Beck
            Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Good Morning Abbers!!

Beck, AMAZING, you were reading my mind. What Beck said.

Hubby, family, outlook, MWO and life!! I am truly grateful.

Love,
              Cindi
              XXIV
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Gee folks, I'm not feeling that grateful today, what can I say? I'll try though.

For real, I AM grateful for the roof over my head and the $$ to pay for it--there are poor families having a harder time than I am these days.
                I am grateful to have a beautiful daughter who is grateful for me.
                I am grateful for my mom and sisters and their unfailing support.
                I am grateful for MWO and the many months of alcohol-free living I have accumulated.
                I'm grateful for all my darling kitties, even though they do keep me up to my ears in kitty litter.

I've been awfully tired lately, and I'll be going to get bloodwork done in the next few days.

I'm glad to list the things I'm grateful for--it reminds me that I do have a lot of things that I do feel good about.

Have a good AF day, all.

:l :l
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Good Morning,

Beck your comment on being a non-drinker versus feeling deprived hit home this morning, I am starting to feel that as well and I am so thankful that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak and this time it is not another train!

I am thankful that I have a good job that I really enjoy and that I have not messed it up because of alcohol!

Guy
                  Day 17 AF

PS I am also grateful for my dog, he is the coolest pooch in the World!
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone in Abs Town !

Janice, thank you and great idea. You are special too !!

Today I am very grateful for the positive results from my colonoscopy yesterday. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, that I have a second chance in life again. For over a year I have been worrying that there was something seriously wrong with me inside my body, but was so afraid to see a doctor. But I could not take living like that any longer. So do it now, make that call and get that test done that you have been putting off for sometime now.

I am also so grateful for this site and all those who are members. Without the site and it's people, their stories, their inspiration, and words of wisdom I would be on my own. For that I am thankful. I have had more AF days since I have joined than I have in a life time.

And I'm thankful for my husband and my two beautiful sons.

Rustop, I like your healthty eating plan. Young at Heart, please feel better soon.

Make it a great day today !!

P.S. I'm also very thankful for copying my post before I hit submit because I got logged off.
                    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Happy Grateful Wednesday Abomatics!

wow, I too owe a debt of gratitude to you all at this wonderful place.

just to be able to be the husband I always wanted to be for my dear Dx is a blessing.

To be happy and inspired and to have left depression in the past.

To have my health in mind and body....priceless for sure.

well, sitting here at the airport waiting to be whisked away to Vegas for a couple hours then back home....not even an overnighter. Wish all trips were this quick!

be well my friends!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

quick check in.... running in the door and back out again.

I am so grateful for too much to list in a short time, but I echo what all of you have mentioned above. I am especially grateful for all of you here.

D, dont eat any good food in Vegas without us. Absolutely not allowed! Burger King for you buddy!

Have a wonderful day all!
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Still playing catch-up with my schedule and busy days here at work are keeping me from my beloved Abbers!. Welcome back Cowgal please tell all about your trip!

Have a Super-Great-AF-Day everyone!!
                          Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                          Watch this and find out....
                          http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Oh...was I thankful for my bath tonight!!!! Had a busy morning turfing out my conservatory, clearing all the cobwebs and nasties away and washing the windows!! Then started on the garden this afternoon.....I am aching so much!! How come I don't ache like this when I go to the gym?? Anyway came in, once upon a time would have poured a glass to take in the bath with me but instead the old tonic water made an appearance....and it was lovely!!! Bathtime was always THE time for a glass if I hadn't already started! Home alone this evening, hubby out at a work function but I'm going to tuck myself up on the sofa with Alan Sugar and watch The Apprentice!!

Cowgal!!!!! Great to hear from you...seems ages!! 4theboyz is right, we need to know all about the trip!! Kathy, hope you're soon feeling better - its good to get your bloods checked.

Well thats me for now........gonna go and raid the fridge for some choccy - there's a cream egg there somewhere and its got my name on!!

Have a good evening, see you tomorrow.....

Janicexxx
                            AF since 9 May 2012
                            Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Wednesday 9th April

Allie, not to worry. I just had a slice of pizza at the airport. ick!!!! blick! gag!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X