Thursday 10th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday 10th April

Hi everyone......well I feel as if I've been run over by a bus this morning!!! I really do ache from the gardening yesterday!!

Surprised myself last night - I was in on my own, watching TV.....and did something I haven't done for years.....I was literally raiding the cupboards looking for chocolate!!!! I had the cream egg I promised myself, watching The Apprentice, but oh no, that wasn't enough!! I'm ready to do a Big Shop so there wasn't much in and I was getting desperate!!!! My chocolate intake has definitely increased this time round AF. It just makes me think how much I need "something" whether its wine, chocolate, coffee..... Maybe its all to do with our blood sugar? Not going to be too hard on myself but it is something I'm going to have to watch!! (I think theres something you can take to regulate blood sugar called Normoglyceima??? - I used to take it when I was trying to tackle my PMS a few years ago, might look into it again.)

Husband came home late after his work function and boy, could I smell the alcohol!! It was revolting! Needless to say, I did his self-esteem the world of good "Oh god, you stink!!!".

Anyway, hope everyone is feeling positive, upbeat and in the right mood to fight AL!! I am.

love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Thursday 10th April

hi Janice & everyone to come,
    I couldn't get online much yesterday, the kids are off school so they want their pc time. i've told them not to interupt me today until i've finished what i need to do.
    I'm hoping to be a regular poster on monthly abs. Had a little slip tuesday, half a bottle of wine. Still feeling positive about becoming totally af though. I have an appointment with my key worker tomorrow. I have to write a list of the pros and cons of drinking, i'm going to brave it and ask my kids for their input, i'll share it with you all when i've done it.
    I might feel like i've been run over by a bus tommorow Janice, i'm getting to work in my garden when i've finished on here. i've neglected it for quite a while so there's a lot to do in the front and back. Its a lovely day here so i'm quite looking forward to starting on it.
    I've gained 35lbs due to sugar cravings. Eating loads when not drinking then cracking up and binge drinking plus not being very active, believe me it's not a good look, i'm only 4'11"
    I'm going to look into Normoglyceia, thanks for that Janice.

take care everyone
    love want
    xxxxx
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Hi Everyone. Wow it is supposed to hit 70 today, can't wait. Janice I have had unbelievable sugar cravings since I have gone AF. I always thought I had no sweet tooth, I actually had no desire for sweets. I wasn't even putting it together the huge amount of sugar I was taking in with the daily wine . I was really shocked how much sweets I started consuming. It felt like I did when I was nursing my children. It definately has some sort of physiological basis I think. I have to say it has subsided a bit in the past few weeks . I lifted weights and did a long intense walk yesterday and I am hurting today! Stay well.
      Hi to everyone to come. Hope you all are hanging in there and not struggling today. Stay Strong, Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Morning all
        Oh yes, the sugar thing. When I first went AF the cravings were unbelievable...I was ok with it, been there before and figured it was alot better than the booze. 5 months later, I am still consuming the same amounts of chocolate (and it is alot) but the difference is it is now habit and not craving. Why oh why do I keep buying? The answer is that addictive personality. I need to apply the same principals as I did at the beginning with the alcohol. Just don't buy it!!!.....Haven't quite gotten there yet.....Short season is almost here and I have a dentist appointment at the end of the month...Maybe that will kick me into gear!!!.......Hope everyone has a good day....
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Thursday 10th April

hi all, well done everyone.

i have had bad couple of days, nothing to do with the beast, just my other mental probs.im trying to hang in there and wait for it to pass. sry if im not being to positive today. but i do wish u all the best today and many (((Hugs))).

day 41 AF

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Have a Great AF Day Abbers!!

BareB's - I want to give you a great big hug and I hope your day today brightens up! :l
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Good Morning Monthly Abbers !!

I love it !! Everyone is sore from either gardening or working out. When you work in the garden you use your muscles in a different way, and that is why you get sore. But it's good for you, as long as you don't pull anything.

As for the chocolate thing, I eat chocolate now too. Dark chocolate, but only a section of the entire bar, or I eat just one or two truffles (love them !! ) What is more evil.....Al or Chocolate....I think you know........enjoy your chocolate !!

It''s supposed to hit 70 degrees here too, and wouldn't you know, I'm back to work after 3 days off.....darn....but I'll enjoy it when I get home and go for a nice walk after dinner.

OK everyone, keep moving and try to stay active......you feel so much better.....I can't wait for my lunch time workout !!

Barebones, hope you feel better, you are doing so well :l

Make it a great AF day today !!
              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Janice,

Thank you for starting the thread, as usual. I love to wake up and see your little
                Angel and hear how well you are doing. I know about the sugar cravings, too. I have
                gained quite a bit of weight since going AF and know it is because I am stuffing my
                face with food instead of drink. Habit and the cravings for carb are just a part of it
                I think.

I am hoping this will subside, soon.

Want,

It is good to see you back on the board and working on getting back into the swing of
                things. I am looking forward to reading your list. Seeing what other people share about
                AL and how we are better off without him helps me reflect, too

Aqua,

I agree, the wine had a lot of sugar in it and its reaction was quick. I agree, it
                is a physiological reaction. My hubby follows a very strict low carb diet due to
                being borderline Type II diabetic. I think I will have to jump onto the low carb
                plan with him for a while.

Charlee

What can I say? One of my heros. I am so amazed and impressed with you. Thank you for
                being here with us.

Barebones,

I am sorry you have had a couple of bad days. Hugs to you from me, too. I am
                overwhelmed that you are able to hang on to your sobriety while fighting the other
                issues. You are one impressive woman!! Keep fighting so you eventually get everything
                under control and you can have the wonderful life you deserve. AL will only keep
                you down and you have figured that out.

4theboyz,

Glad to see you here today!!

Mary,

If you get a break to peek in. HI!!

Det,

You, too, are one of my heros. I am so grateful I started the AB and have been able to
                get started on this journey of sobriety. I used to hate the word sober, it seemed
                sad and dark. Today it means life and joy.

To everyone else, Please have a wonderful AF day and fill it with good things.

Love,
                Cindi
                XXV
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Hi everyone

Looks like Al is not the only thing we all have in common. I have a terrible sweet tooth before and after giving up Al. I cannot remember if it was this thread I mentioned on that I have been trying to loose weight. I'm following a healthy eating plan, 3 meals a day, lots of fruit and veg and NO junk food or white bread. I am only doing it the past two weeks but I can notice a difference already, I feel much better and have not had near as bad of cravings for Al.

Have a great day everyone.

Rustop

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Hi Everyone: Yesterday was absolutely wild. The youngest g-son had an ear infection so had to take him to doc. Then prescriptions, TLC, etc. I don't know if I could be a full-time g-parent babysitter indefinitely. I'll be glad to get back to just AMs next week. Mary
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Mary -

It's almost over!!

I am glad my grandchildren are all older. 10,8,6 this year. Babysitting is just moderating fights and feeding them constantly.

RU -

I am glad we had this food discussion early today. I am starting on a healthy low carb diet, starting this morning.

My MWO friends sure do keep me in line!!

Love,
                      Cindi
                      XXV
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Good Morning All,

All is well in my world today. 77 degrees and sunny and I'm going to run. I'm a restless sort who likes to be in motion.

Well the turmoil of the my last few days has passed and it was good for me. Many of you know that I am AF with no Real Life support. It is a mistake. (I did not tell my husband b/c he doesn't know how bad off I was and I really don't want him to look at the past 7 years as I do)...I realize that this dooms me to failure - hence my WTF attitude and my evaporating resolve. I have decided that when my sobriety is at stake, I WILL FESS UP BEFORE I DRINK UP. Feel infiniteyly better this morning...

Good to see how well you are all doing. Racking up those AF days with great attitudes. Sorry I have been a bummer this week...

Can't address everyone individually as I have already lost a longer version of this post.

Sugar cravings...me too. Eating olives seems to kill them.

Off to continue reclaiming my life.
                        Enjoy,
                        Beck
                        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Good Morning all,

It is gping to be 74 and sunny here as well, so excited. It must have been in the Cosmos yesterday, I am not a sweet person usually as well but last night I had two chocolate bars and a bunch of cookies and when that stash ran out I found myself eating chocolate baking chips straight out of the bag that I had found way back deep in the cupboard! I went to bed with a belly ache! Extra time at gym for me today! LOL

Guy
                          18 days AF
                          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Happy Thursday ABadingos far and wide!

ah sugar. the other epidemic addiction that us 'rich' nations have fallen for. I too find myself thinking of sweets now that I'm AF. instead I try to get some fruit or nuts or olives as Beck suggested. L Glutamine at about 5000 + mg will kill a sugar or alcohol craving in most cases. To help regulate our sugar balance naturally chromium picolinate at 400mcg per day is recommended. It also helps with sugar cravings.

Barebones and Mary, extra hugs for you two. sounds like you need them!

I'm still sore from Tuesdays gym! back tonight. Maybe I'll unkink my neck tonight.

be well friends!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thursday 10th April

Hi Everyone: I'm free right now & tomorrow is my last day of full-time b-sitting. One of the pre-school moms is taking the 4 yr. old for lunch & a play date, so I'll only have the 3 yr. old most of the day.

We just found out that my husband needs surgery for a suspicious tumor on his kidney. The surgery is next week, & he'll be in the hospital overnight. I know how imperative it is for me to stay sober for this whole thing. Please say a prayer for him. He's the greatest guy in the world! I can't imagine how he got this tumor. He hardly drinks at all. You'd think I'd be the one.

Anyhow, I'm going to turn in early tonight. Thanks for being here. Mary
                              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                              October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X