Im just new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just new

I have been on this site for a couple hours now, and only just mustered up the courage to say something.... I guess i came searching for a site to open my heart, because bottling everything away is eating at me. I feel empty, i feel lost, i feel confused.
    Thats a start. Maybe next time i will muster up a little more courage.

Im just new

Hi chasing rainbows and welcome to MWO. It is a little bit daunting at first but you'll soon get used to it......you'll always find someone here who will answer you with lots of support and encouragement. Why not tell us a little bit about yourself? Starting Out is a good place to start for regular posting. Well done for making that first move!!

love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Im just new

Hi chasing rainbows, and welcome. Youv'e bravely taken the first important step in getting healing for your problem with alcohol.I know how you feel about mustering up the courage to say something. I just found the sight a week ago and although i've never been on a chat site before (I think that is what they call this..I'm soo computer illiterate)the support of the people on this site helped me find the courage to face this problem and to FINALLY tell my doctor about my alcohol addiction After speaking with him today,I feel an incredible burden lifted off my shoulders. While you may or may not choose to involve your doctor, what you can be certain of is that you are not alone, and the people on this site know first hand what you are struggling with. Please continue checking in with us,,,we CARE. LOL TraceyO

Comment

Im just new

welcome chasing rainbows you will find lots of friends and help here and well done TracyO for talking to the doc. Did he suggest any meds or did you ask?
        BH

Comment

Im just new

Hi boozehag .Thank you sooo much for the congrat's on visiting my doc today. It was much appreciated!! It was such an unbelievable step of faith for me to be honest for once with my doctor about my alcohol addiction. My hubby was soo proud of me as well. For me, it was the concern that this alcohol addiction struggle will now be on record. ie be available to insurance companies etc. however I am desperate and willing to do WHATEVER it takes to beat this addiction. Yes we did discuss Champax and topiramate (he was familiar with the former but not the latter). It appears that he would prefer to prescribe a better known anti convulsant/ withdrawal drug that he is more familiar with to hopefuly prevent seizures once I abstain conpletely, which hopefully will be in a few weeks after I have begun to cut back gradually. I am comfortable with this approach. I still however plan on taking the suppliments in the meantime as I prepare for abstenance. hope this helps. TraceyO

Comment

Im just new

Hello again boozehag. forgot to mention that the drug the doc prescribed was diazipam SP?. TraceyO

Comment

Im just new

Cool. Hope it works for you. You cant get anything meds in this godforsaken wilderness but we dont have any of those medical insurance issues that you US guys have. So you get insurance but you cant tell your Doc whats wrong with you in case it goes on your insurance! Thats mad!.
              Just as well I happened on the champix (my saviour).
              I wonder if I can buy a lifetime supply!
              Keep us posted as to you its going.
              BH

Comment

Im just new

Hi boozehag. I'm Canadian actually, don't know where you're from but when I apply for health insurance, they ALWAYS ask if you've ever been treated for alcohol addiction, which in turn makes your insurance rates increase if you reply yes. That's always been my fear. However my health at this point is more valuable than higher premiums. i'm that desperate. It's taken me a long time to get to this point as you can imaging. It seems like such a double edged sword. At this point however my medical health is now more important than my insurance bills. Traceyo

Comment

Im just new

oops sorry my bad. That probably like calling an Irish person English or a Kiwi an Australian. Thousand apologies. I am in NZ btw. Yes I agree put your health over insurance. Doesnt seem to be much point in having it if you cant use it for what it is intended for. Is that because hospitals are so expensive? I read on some other threads that Diazepam is valium. Dont get addicted to that now you hear.
                  BH

Comment

Im just new

Totally agree with the insurance thing. Just cannot have it on there and will not go to my doc with any request.

Can I just say, i love the name boozehag.

Comment

Im just new

Hi Myra
                      How bizarre with the insurance is it that much of a big deal. What about pretending you smoke and going on champix (or chantix) in US. I did that cos I couldnt face telling the Doc who I have known for 20 yrs that I am a boozehag! It wasnt a total lie as I do smoke like a chimney when I drink (or when I used to drink that is) but my main motivation was really the alcohol. People will think I work for Chantix soon if I keep mentioning it! I had already disclosed that I was a casual smoker on my insurance and my premiums went up by about $20 a year I think (compared to my husband who doesnt smoke at all) Go figure as u guys say. Insurance is so cheap in NZ its almost funny.
                      BH

Comment

Working...
                      X