X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceletium - anyone tried????

Has anyone tried this stuff???

Sceletium - Naturally a mood enhancer:

+ Functions as a serotonin-uptake inhibitor, thereby leading to greater circulation of seretonin (a neurotransmitter vital for the sensation of happiness and well-being)
    + Asssists in increasing the circulation of Serotonin
    + Creates feelings of well-being, calmness, happiness and positive thoughts.
    + Can reduce the effects of anxiousness and depression.
    + Known to assist those recovering from alcohol and drug abuse.
    + Assists with irritability in menopause.
    + Improves libido performance by enhancing the mood.
    + Assists in Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, under guidance in support programs.

Thanks & take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

I haven't heard of it but it sounds good...

The supps I'm taking have L-Theanine (similar to L-Glut) which does about the same thing...
    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Very interesting. This is what I found out from googling it...

Sceletium tortuosum is a small groundcover plant native to Southern Africa. For hundreds of years the Hottentots of Southern Africa used Sceletium tortuosum as a mood enhancer, relaxant and empathogen. It is also known as Kanna or Kauwgoed, Kougoed and Canna.

Historically Sceletium tortuosum was chewed, smoked or used as snuff producing euphoria and alertness which gently fade into relaxation. If chewed in sufficient quantity Sceletium has a mild aneasthetic effect in the mouth, much like kava, and is used by the San tribes if you are about to have a tooth extracted, or in minute doses, for children with colic. A tea made from Sceletium is sometimes used to wean alcoholics off alcohol.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I have this book called Natural Highs, which describes various amino & vitamin suppliments for relaxation, stimulation, mood enhancers and connectivity. I found only one source to buy over the internet, but not alot of other info.

Shall I be a guinea pig & try some?!?!? Always game to try something once. lol. Maybe that's what got me here?? :H

Take care
        xxx

John Milton

Comment

If you want to be a guinea pig, that's great-- I'd happily do it if I could. I look forward to hearing the results.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Jinja I was going to reply and say I'm happy to be a guinea pig with you, as Sceletium sounds promising. But then I found that it is in powder format, and needs to be breathed in (like snuff), smoked, or chewed (see below). Not really keen on any of those options, was thinking more along the lines of a capsule or maybe a herbal tea. What does your book say?

Here's an excerpt from one of the websites:
            The different methods of ingestion seem to provide varying effects. For example, insuffulation has reportedly caused euphoria, stimulation, increase in general well being with doses of 50-200mg. If it's put into a smoking blend, it can reportedly act as a sedative, with a general increase in general well being while using about 100-250mg. Then, if it's chewed, it seems to have a mix of the above effects, and can last about 1 hour. This requires more material, though; typcially between 500-1000mg.

For those of you who, like me until 5 mins ago, have no idea what insufflation means - it's basically breathing it in or inhaling it.

Wooflet x

Comment

Wow, Talk about an 80's flashback!

You first jinja :H
              Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
              - George Jackson

Comment

The product I found comes in capsule form. I have not checked out the authenticity of this site, but will do so.

I am wanting to get off my ADs and have engaged a herbalist to assist in this process. I will run all my info. past her before embarking. I want to get all my little soldiers in a row before weaning off the ADs. I am scared of ending up back were I was before I started taking them, so the natural resourses available and chemical balances are an important aspect for me in this process.

If it is not viable to take during this time, I am still interested in the product so will let you know.

Take care
                Xxx

John Milton

Comment

I bought some on Amazon in tablet form. I took one at 5pm and have gotten no satisfaction out of my evening wine, coincidence? I guess time will tell : )
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

Sceletium

Hi there
                    I am actully from the uk and have just found a site over here but there out of stock for a couple of weeks. I quite fancy giving it a go, will give anything a go! Apparently you can brew it in a nice cup of tea! mmmm we shall see. Shall keep you posted:new:

Comment

Jinja,
                      Oh dear, I just spent $15 on a book about 5htp, which I have been hoping would cure me of everything that has been wrong with me for my whole life. (I had a yucky childhood! and am always looking for a self confidence/AD cure substance) So if sceletium is the cure....
                      I'll be interested in any reports. But have you looked up 5htp on the internet or on the boards?
                      I hope I never have to take ADs again. I think it is great you are having help get off them becaseu I was tapering too but I still had Brain Shivers!!!!
                      Keep this thread going -I'm interested.
                      Lila

Comment

Ooopsy!! Sorry, forgot all about this. Head up arse syndrome again!! lol

My PC has been out of commission for the last couple of weeks so have just been checking in on my phone & hubby's laptop when I can!

I went on 5htp before I went on ADs. Personally, it didn't work. But also booze was high and probably pickled any benefits! I'm sure I have seen threads on 5htp - use the search function, I'm sure you will see something.

Take care
                        xxx

John Milton

Comment

Working...
                        X