Weight loss - Starting weigh in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should start a new thread each week to post how we are doing and weight(if you want). I'm starting the South Beach Diet today, going to try that for a couple weeks and see if I can stick to it and go from there. I weighed myself this morning and as expected I'm 200lbs. I would like to lose 30lbs. I'm 6' tall and weighed 155-160 most of my adult life. I've gained 30-40lbs in the past 3 years and I need to turn that around and get myself healthy!

Betty thanks for posting the link with the diet books in it. I skimmed the South Beach portion, I bought the book myself last week as well.

Good luck to everyone!
    Marcie

What I need to do instead of weighing in is take my measurements. I weighed 131lbs. on Monday, which is still within the "normal" range for my height (5'3''), but I am genetically prone for all that weight to generate at the hips, butt, and thighs with the lovely cellulite that goes with it. And I know as I get older my muscle will continue to turn to fat unless I do something about it now (I am 36).
    I was doing well with eating more healthy protein and lowering my fat intake, but last night I gorged on a lot of sweets to avoid AL, so I have a feeling my hard work this week went to the pisser.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Hi Everyone- Thanks for starting this. I weigh 150lbs and want to lose 25 pounds to reach 125. I have basically made up my own diet and vitamin regimen and am lifting weights and walking aiming to progress to running. I think this would be a great way to do this along with others. Thanks! Aquamarine
      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Oh goodness.. I have such reservation about putting my weight on here!! Jeez, I guess I still have more issues than I thought I did - yikes.

I haven't weighed myself in several weeks, will do Monday (don't have a scale at home, I use the one at the drug store). I'll do measurements too.

My food intake will be ideal if I can just cut out the snacking while I'm at work. There's a closet full of snacks right next to my office and I am in it several times a day! I don't snack like that when I'm not at work. Nervous energy I suppose. Otherwise I eat quite well, though could cut back on portion sizes.

So snacking and exercise - those are the biggies for me. If I'm not making any progress by the time the new South Beach book comes out end of the month I'll get it and do that diet.

Wishing everyone successful slimming!
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Good afternoon all, I'm 5'2" and 156 today. I started Weight watchers online again and lost 1.4lbs since Tues. Could have been better But overindulged alittle last night. Am going to get on my treadmill later as I slept through my cycle class. My goal is 135lbs. , I am 42 this year and my mother and aunt are overweight. I know if I don't take it off now it just gets harder. I'll post and tips or recipes that seem to work for me.

Comment

:no: Do I have to??? Last winter I tried to quit smoking, so I joined Weight watchers online, and started walking 3-4 miles everyday. I lost about 10#--despite the quitting smoking. Well gradually, I started smoking again, quit walking, stopped eating right, or tracking what I ate--figured I knew it all.....Now 1 year later I'm almost back to where I started.

This time, I quit smoking for good (40 days so far) and in order to be successful at that I had to quit drinking. Next--exercise and get some weight off. I know what to do, just need to do it. I'm 5'3" and 47 years old.

Here goes: 144# :egad::durn:

Goal: 130# and firm up! :help!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

OK 5'5" 185(ouch) Goal 135. We can do this.

Comment

I started going to the gym in January and start weight then was 160. After 4mos of religiously going to the gym 3-4 times a week I am still 160. Bottomline - the number on the scale is not my issue.

I do 20min of mat work, 1-1/2hrs weight lifting and lastly 20min of cardio getting my heartrate to 160.
                I have a food intake journal, tracking my protein, carbs and calories. I eat very well, especially with Det's cooking.

While my body has changed in tone and firmness, my clothes fit the same and the scale keeps shouting the same number. Which is fine. I really don't want to buy all new clothes.

So, getting closer to my point (finally), clearly define your goal. Be realistic. I am 5'4" and 1/2 Italian. My goal cannot be 100lbs and heroine-chic. Just not my biology.

Yes, Dolly, we can do this!
                Dx
                * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

I understand the idea of weighing in....but i don't own a scale...and my drug store doesn't have one either. I'm not sure if I need the incentive of a #. I will know I've reached my goal by the (weigh) I feel, and look in the mirror.

Why do people own scales?

Ive never had one in my life....and when I go to a friend's house who owns one....I always get depressed. I also find no scale is the same! So Im sorry, I have no # to give. I can only offer perspective and questions.

Comment

I agree with you flyinhigh - scales tell lies (but then I keep telling myself that so do photos and I'd love to believe that except that cameras just don't tell lies do they?!)
                    Best for me is clothes actually feeling loose, people actually telling me and finally the big scary double mirrored doors that cover my landing hotpress ( so you can get a great upfront and backfront view of yourself as you go up and down the stairs -Scary!)
                    And also the main thing is that we feel good about ourselves as us on the inside and realise eventually just how much this says to the outside world.
                    Best wishes,
                    Bandit
                    There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Well here goes ........

Monday 14th April, 184lbs. Need to lose at least 28.

My plan is to eat healthily, excercise more and drink less alcohol .......

BB xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

I am in

I want to join this thread!! I have been AF (on and off, more on than off though, starting another 30+ days now) I weigh 130 or so and want to get back down to 125 or so................not much weight, just want to firm up mostly.............without AL in the picture, it used to drop right off (the weight), but I guess it is getting older, it is harder!?

Will try to check in every week, that is the point, right????

Thanks for the thread!:thanks:

MA:l:h

Just going to eat sensibly and smaller portions, and leave al behind!
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

I posted my weight and goals last week, but seems I lost a couple over the weekend!

Current weight: 142# Goal weight: 130#

I agree, the scale is not that important. I really want to firm up, and feel better in my clothes. I plan to start walking everyday if possible, and eat healthier, no eating (except my Allone smoothie) after 8 pm. And go from there!!

Good luck every body!!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

my goal is to lose 2 lbs this week. I will do this by
                            eating more veggies, more fruit,
                            drinking more water or tea,
                            no alcohol, no eating after 8 unless it is one of those damn sugar free pudding thingies.

My other goal for this week is to increase my walking by 15 minutes each day for a total of 45 - 60 minutes daily. Will have to take stairs, park in east egypt (which is easier to do at work than you know).

Will probably have this same goal until I lose the 50 lbs. Have lost 12, gained 5, lost 3...you get the idea. Still down 7 lbs overall. I know. TMI.

Comment

OK I'm in.

I did try to post on the other thread on Friday but got booted off, so here goes, try again.

I weighed myself at the local swimming baths, I don't have scales at home either. Didn't go swimming just weighed myself and came straight out (I'm not ready to get my cellulite out yet :blush

OK, I'm 4'11", yeah a right short arse, and weigh 158lbs :wow: I've put 28 of those lbs on over the last 10mths. I want to lose 38lbs altogether lease:.

My plan: I've also started the south beach diet today, it sounds pretty good to me and I'm hoping it will help with AL cravings, also taking 2 Fat Metaboliser pills a day, from health food shop. Don't know if they'll be any good but gonna give em a go anyway. I haven't done any exercise today but I have been gardening for 2hrs, I'm gonna go for a 20min walk every day to start with and then start on my many exercise videos.

Been shopping today and bought lots of veggies, salad, eggs, turkey, salmon and tuna. It's what I eat most of the time anyway, just cutting out the carbs and AL.

I hoping the weights gonna fly off my :moon: ray:

good luck everyone
                              want
                              xxx
                              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                              There's fire in your eyes,
                              Bite me, excite me,
                              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                              Brings eternal flame.
                              Open me to heaven,