Any Treadmills Out There ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone be interested in "treadmilling"? I need some motivation to get my butt on mine. I thought if I had some "treadmillers" (or outdoor walkers) to be accountable to, it might help. I saw where just walking for 30 minutes a day, 4-5 times a week can make a huge difference in your metabolism and therefore weight, as well as your mental outlook. Anyone want to try this with me?

Miso :heart:

NordicTrack

I have a NordicTrack, and need to get back into the routine of doing it everyday...does that count??
    AF 6 years
    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Excellent. It sure does count. 30 minutes (or more) sounds like nothing, but it seems so hard to get motivated to do it. Having a partner or partners to check in with will make it fun and we will get healthier in the process. Do you want to start tomorrow?

By the way, 8 months af and 20 months sf is AWESOME!!!! You must feel brand new. Good for you!! I am 68 days af and feeling better every day.

Miso

Comment

Hi Miso!
        I usually do between 45-60 minutes of Nordictrack... it takes me about 25-30 minutes to get into the "zone"... and then time just flies by! I usually do cardio/weight workouts from videos, but have had to refrain from any exercising for the past 6 weeks...but now I'm feeling strong again & ready to get back at it!
        Tomorrow sounds great!! I've got a friend that just got a treadmill this past week... she is basically AF...definitely a MODer.... I should get her to join in with us.... she's a hoot!
        AF 6 years
        NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Fallen,

The more the merrier!!! For me, 30 minutes is the MINIMUM. I will strive for more, but I have to do at least 30 minutes. Here's to getting healthier!! We can check in with our time or when we need a push. Thanks for joining me, Angel. :h

Comment

hi ya i go to the gym and do cardio and weights, but havent been able to past 2 weeks and this coming week. but i will be starting again next sat, so i will come in to check on yas, and i will start as i said next sat. however though i do walk through the day with my dog which i strive for at least 60 mins worth through the day if weather is good, when its lovely out i can go over this, so we will see what comes this week. so maybe i could actually start adding here what ive done from today i guess.

anyway good luck to u all. and miso, just start where ur comfortable with and then start to add on 5 mins when ur ready.

oh and im 44 days AF and im planning on giving up smoking on the 28th so fallen angel any advice on that would be greatly received.

Comment

Hey Barebones, I have a doctor's appointment this Friday, and if all goes well, I plan on quitting smoking on the 28th too. Maybe we can start a quit smoking thread???
              Goal 1: Today
              Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Hey Miso, I'm in. I've been taking cycling classes at the YMCA and would like to start running again. I dusted off my treadmill last week and did 30 min walk/run. For me it is really important for the TV to be on and a fan. Distraction is very helpful so you don't watch the clock the whole time.

Comment

barebones and lukalee - I quit Jan 1st of this year and I'm feeling great! You guys can do it!
                  Marcie

Comment

It's been a very busy morning and afternoon for me, but I DID get on the treadmill. Yippee!! I did a little over 30 minutes and 1.4 miles. I got cramps in the toes on my left foot towards the end (OUCH), but I kept on to get to the 30 minutes. Sure felt good (minus the toe cramps :H). Tomorrow I will be able to start earlier.

Anyone else been on their treadmill yet?

What about you MsGuided (FallenAngel)?
                    Barebones, nothing beats a walk outside, especially with dogs. Congrats on 44 days af.
                    lukalee, did you want to join us?
                    KAT20, welcome. The cycling classes sound great. Join us on the treadmill too, and I bet you'll build up your endurance for the cycling class. (I love your avatar :h)
                    Memarcie, join us too. Congrats on being sf.

Just knowing I am being accountable here makes me feel so positive about this.

Thanks,

Comment

I have an elliptical...can I still join in?

Comment

Yes Dolly, please join us. Any equipment that gets us moving and on to better health is welcome. I just happen to have a treadmill. I will be back on it tomorrow and posting the amount of time and distance I went. Everyone can set their own goals. For me, I want to do at least 30 minutes, but whatever we can do is good. Putting it out "here" makes me more accountable. I hope to start feeling and seeing the benefits soon.

Here's to getting healthier and feeling better!!

Come on, let's see some times!!

Comment

I too would like to do at least 30 min daily. I will post what I do everyday even if it's not 30. I definitely need accountability.

Comment

good job miso on your amount.

lukalee what are kind of med are u thinking about trying.. and hey i think thats a great idea for making a thread. how u fancy being no smoking buddies hehe.

i have found a couple of good sites with tools to motivate me to not smoke. i will post them up. also luka is make a plan, it helps, im just working on mine.

Comment

Hi guys, I quit smoking March 1st. I got support from Livingfree and FallenAngel. I know there are others...Boozehag is one. I used Quitnet.com for awhile--their forum is not as user-friendly or people friendly as this one I didn't think. I will join a non-smoking thread!
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                              X