Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad the weekend's over

Morning everybody

I've just had a rubbish weekend! Entirely my fault of course - I have drunk far too much and today I have woken up and my eyes are puffy - my face is bloated and I feel generally washed out.

I have been trying to cut down for the last few weeks (tried to go AF but never managed past 6 days) and have felt much better but it's not long before you end up going back to your old ways of throwing as much down your neck that you can manage!!

I'm sick of it and have really got to put 100% effort in this time (I can't understand how I fail when I feel so much better sober) I would love to get through 30 days so I can look back and really compare the difference in my life.

Reasons for stopping:

!. To set a good example to my children
    2. To be "there" for my children
    3. To feel healthier
    4 To have some self respect
    5 To stop waking up with dread at what I'd done the night before
    6 To start feeling well all of the time

It's just not in me to moderate - I realise now that it is not an option - I'm an all or nothing kind of person and must accept that.

This is Day 1 AF for me - I hope you will support me (I know I've failed before)

Hope everyone has a brilliant week xxx

Glad the weekend's over

Seen the light, sounds like you are ready to kick ass!!! Get your plan in action, get your head in the right place and make today the first day of your fantastic new sober life........there is no comparison between the two worlds of drinking and not drinking!!

love & best wishes,
    Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Glad the weekend's over

Seen the Light - So few of us make it the first time - the key is not to give up. You must pick yourself up, and carry on, and eventually, you will get it right. You aren't beaten unless you give up - remember that!
      The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Glad the weekend's over

Seen the light,

The way you feel now is the source for motivation that will see you through. Many of us have been exactly where you are now. The reasons you cite are the reasons why I have sought an AF life. You can be AF, you really can.

Read your goals back to yourself slowly and live them.

Take care,
        July

Comment

Glad the weekend's over

Thank you for your kind comments - I'm gonna give this my all

Here's to Day 2 AF......

Comment

Working...
          X