Monday 14th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 14th April

Well I'm up early as I've got workmen coming so I expect I'll be making tea all morning!! Just want to wish everyone all the best for today and the coming week......think we have a very important 30 days coming up!!!!! Cindi, you really have transformed yourself over the last few weeks, I'm so so pleased for you and look forward to celebrating your special day!!

Will keep it short but I'll be back on later......love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Monday 14th April

Hello Janice, and all to come - hope you have a good day. Cindi, looking forward to your celebration! You have done so well, so happy for you!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Monday 14th April

hie everyone, glad to be back to MWO wish you all a lovely day and as i was travelling last night, it was very cold and very squeezed where i was sitted but all through i had a focus and was expecting something great to come after the 13 hrs journey on a truck, this is to log in to MWO and say hallooo! to all of you there and i missed you all very much! i mean really much, cindi, croft, lookingforhope22, marli99 lucy vanpelt all of you there a big hug for me and love

Comment

Monday 14th April

Janice,

Thank you!! I am so excited about my new found sobriety. It is such a wonderful feeling to just "know" I have thrown that monkey off my back!! I feel so liberated without that weight!!

Good luck with the workmen. I truly hate that kind of disruption in my daily routine but love when the things get done.

Maasai,

It is so great to see you back on the boards. I knew you had gone somewhere and I was looking for your return posts every day. We are all glad to see you back safe and sound.

Everyone else,

My daughter called last night and said she wanted to go to rehab. My heart is fluttering with nerves. Her health has gotten so bad and her mental state is so fragile right now that this is her only option. I have known it for some time but like all of us, she has to make the decision.

Please send prayers and good wishes to her that she does in fact go into rehab today and stays there the full course. Her body is so weak that abstinence for many months is the only way to heal. This is a good start.

Mary,

I am thinking of you often. I am sending prayers every day for you and your hubby. Wednesday will come quickly and soon you and he will both be feeling better.

Love and hopes that all have a wonderful AF day!!
        Cindi
        XXIX
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Monday 14th April

Morning everyone,

I noticed over the weekend that I seem to be losing my drinking triggers. They are just fading away. I've been plugging along AF but this is the first real sign that things are actually beginning to turn around. Not drinking without making the conscious effort to not drink

Janice, would you believe that in the States many of us don't actually prepare coffee/tea for the workmen? I did when I lived in England though. I get to strip wallpaper today...followed by painting tomorrow.

Cindi, your 30 day mark is so special to all of us - funny how that happens. Love to see folks put an end to their struggle. You sound wonderful. Good luck with your daughter...hope she follows your example.

Massai, welcome back - good hearing from you.

Hannah, we need our cheerleader back on BB thread - it has gotten pretty quiet and I make a lousy cheerleader...

Gotta get the kiddos off to school now,
          Beck
          Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Monday 14th April

Hi Everyone. Just checking in. Everyone sounds pretty good thus so far. Hope everyone has a positive day. Will try to check in later. Aquamarine
            NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
            AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Monday 14th April

hi all and who comes,

looking forward to ur celibration day cindi. i hope ur daughter gets the help she needs.

hope everyone else is doing fine, i have been feeling peaceful this weekend, so it was all good.

day 45 AF

Comment

Monday 14th April

Gee whiz Look at all the early birds! Finally got my taxes done this weekend, and I'm looking forward to squeezing in more time here later in the day. Till then, everybody have a great AF day.

4tB
                Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                Watch this and find out....
                http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Monday 14th April

Morning all
                  Just a quick check before work.....Massai welcome back to the boards!!...I hope Mary checks in a gives us an update on hubby.....Cindi...Big day tomorrow! I hope we will be able to celebrate two things..Your 30 days and hopefully Adrianne's decision to go to rehab...important words..her decision. I will keep my fingers crossed...You must have all kind of emotions going on!!
                  Everyone have a good day.....
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Monday 14th April

On my wayGood morning all!

Day 16, YEAY. I too am loosing my urges and learning to deal with my triggers. Been so busy here, guess I am forgetting about it some what. I have been catching up on loads of work around the house. Getting in my daily run is doing wonders. Cindi, hope all goes well with your daughter and Mary, I hope for the best possible out come for your husband. Beck; I make coffee for workmen, but I live in a VERY small community, everyone knows you and most of your biz. Bigger places, I bet the workmen stop at Starbucks:H for fancy coffee.

The best to you all, can't wait for Cindi's party!!

On my way
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Monday 14th April

Hi Everyone: We're doing OK here. My husband has a cold...I don't know if that's going to effect the date of his surgery. He'll see the doc today to find out whether he's well enough to go thru the surgery.

I too am seeing the triggers & urges abate. I won't let down my guard, but I don't get as nervous about dinners out & get-togethers. As I said yesterday, my friends are starting to pour soda automatically for me.

Last night we went out for Chinese food w/friends. They were telling us about just purchasing a new cooler for their wine. They said they gathered wine bottles from around the house & culled & threw out bottles they didn't think were OK to drink before loading up their new cooler. First of all, I couldn't imagine having bottles around so long they would go bad. Second of all, I can't imagine throwing out a full bottle of wine, even if it doesn't taste quite right. When I hear about these things from normal drinkers, I realize all over again that I'm a problem drinker, no question about it. As Deter says: Try handing a normal drinker a bottle of wine (even a small one) & telling him/her to drink the whole thing. They'd think you were crazy. However, I did just that every time I opened a bottle of wine. I drank the whole thing.

Take care everyone. We're hanging in! Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

Monday 14th April

Hello All,

Made it thru another weekend! Kept busy, got taxes done and did things around the house I had avoided all winter. Sun is bright today and I am ready for another productive week. I am trying to instill in my mind that Saturday and Sunday are just another day, not a "free" day to drink!

Guy
                        Day 22 AF
                        "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Monday 14th April

Hello all,
                          Here reading this morning again (and again) for support. I remember coming to this sight a year ago and seeing Cindi's posts....boy have you come a long way! And Mary, I laughed out loud about your friends and the wine....oh my God, I can't even begin to think of throwing a bottle away, or having a half empty bottle sitting around.

Been trying to fool myself by buying those "little" bottles, and tell myself I will only have two of the four. But I cannot moderate...if it is there, I will open it.

I posted to you on next one about my husband and kidney problems. Hang in there,

Peg sue
                          It's a brand new day!

Comment

Monday 14th April

Happy hangover-free Monday ABworld!!

Onmyway conrats on the AF days!

Cindi, huge hugs for you and daughter

Mary, hope hubbys cold is a non-issue

Maasai, great to have you back, love hearing from you

PeggySue, yes I remember you....welcome back!

well, another great weekend clear and happy must say though that I've caught my mind wondering to the thought of moderating on special occasions. I think about what new years eve will be like. I think about our friends going wine tasting this spring in Napa/Sonoma. I'm not in trouble of falling down...just having those thoughts. Whats' different about this time around is I'm consciously aware of these thoughts and I'm analyzing them instead of pushing them to the back of my mind.

be well friends!
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Monday 14th April

Hi everyone,
                              I'm a bit late checkin in today, had a busy day food shopping, washing and gardening. I've started the South Beach diet today, got 38lbs to lose. I'm only 4'11" and look like a right pudding.

Day 6AF for me, still feeling strong but it's hard, can't wait to get to where some of you guys are. When I get to 30days I'm going to be shouting it from the roof tops, well maybe not, but I'm definately gonna be blowing my own trumpet. So I want to hear you blowing yours Cindi. I really hope your daughter has made it to rehab, sounds like she's in a bad way, God Bless. My prayers are with you both as they are with Mary and her husband.

Hope everyone is having a good productive sober day, I am and it feels damn good.

take care everyone
                              :h
                              AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
                              There's fire in your eyes,
                              Bite me, excite me,
                              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                              Brings eternal flame.
                              Open me to heaven,
                              To heal me again.

Comment