Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mimi!

Here I am X-Smoking 5 1/2 months ~ X-Drinking 3 1/2 months! I've posted my quit smoking story so many times on these forums - I need to go find and cut and paste!!!!!:H

I think quitting smoking was/is WAY harder than quitting drinking and I think quitting drinking has NOT been easy!! :H What an addict I was - but no more! Every week gets better and better!

I'll check back here - Thanks Mimi for starting this

Liv
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Does anyone know if Topa is ok to take with Chantix? I'm sure I could look it up...but I'm lazy

Comment

Good morning all EX-smokers and soon-to-be ex smokers!!

Dolly, hope you found the answer to your question.

I just wanted to check in with you all and tell you I passed another test last night. Went out for Mexican food, Margaritas special, the bartender is a smoker friend of mine. Had a "thought" about bumming a smoke, but put it out of my head quickly. Too many reasons not to--got the nicotine out of my system--no need to put any more back!! Then I shared with a friend that I have quit smoking, I haven't done this much. told her not to congratulate me until I go 6 months or so. I'm right at the point I couldn't seem to get over on past quits.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and getting ready to quit!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good for you!!! Great job

Comment

good job LVT

i have only 9 days to go till i quit, im just starting the double dose of chamtix so hopefully it will kick in and i will feel no cravings. i have also cut down to 30 and tomorrow or mon im going down to 20.

so looking forward to this, i have all the support ready and waiting.

Comment

Good luck barebones. I am still only taking the initial .5mg dose - one per day and its still working for me. I chop the 1mg in half and take half. Keep me posted how you go. I have had no side effects other than good ones so I dont want to stop now but am conscious of the bad press. The guy was in the UK and had never suffered from depression apparently. He stabbed himself in the heart and legs. It does seem as if champix played a part. Anyway good luck with the pills and the non smoking. In my case it is definitely the lesser of three evils.
              BH

Comment

good morning,
                I am curious. Is there any kind of "psychological" program that goes along with the chantix? I know with me at least, the habit was so embedded in my brain.
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

lvt there is a quit program that goes with chamtix, here is link to it, its usa based so thats fine for us peeps. Quitting – CHANTIX Official Site – CHANTIX is a Prescription Medicine to Help Adults Stop Smoking

thanks boozebag for your good luck. but i have news i started chamtix on tues morn, then came wed i started to feel a bit sick, thought maybe havent eaten or somthing. but then came thur, i had it again this time went a bit longer, then fri had it again and it went on and off over the day with a bit of dizzyness, then sat morn, dam i could of been sick, i had to say no to horse riding as i was feeling pretty bad. so in the end it looks like its the chamtix, i phoned up chemist and spoke to someone there and they said that the side effects dont go away which i was hoping it would. so looks like i have to find another way instead. so going to make appointment with doc for this week. im still going ahead with 4/28 though so not to worry, im going to do this even if it kills me lol.

Comment

I don't know if I want to promote this quite yet, but I started Lobelia yesterday, and it so far so good.
                    Goal 1: Today
                    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

hi luka, never heard of it before. i hope it carries on working for u.

tomorrow im going to my chemist to see if i can get a inhaler(nrt) to cut down this week before i go onto the patches next mon. im hoping to get doc appointment somtime this week to see if i can get month supply of patches so i dont have to go weekly. i did think about zyban, but i guess really i would get side effects of that aswell, as i do know im sensitive to meds its just that being on a anti d just now i thought i was over being sensitive, but chamtix just proved im not.

so anyway im still going to be doint this even if its just the patches. im going to give my best just like ive done to the alcohol. so hopfully soon i will be saying 51 days AF and 7 or what ever days SF

anyway all keep up the good work. speak soon.

Comment

Good Monday all--

Thought I'd check in quick. Barebones, bummer about the chantix--I tried wellbutrin once, but you're not supposed to drink with it so I quit--smart huh?? My smoking addiction is so much mental, I don't think the drugs, or NR would have helped me much. I would think being a heavy smoker, it would be harder to quit. The programs I followed had me switch brands for my last pack--went to a really cheap generic cig that tasted even worse than what I smoked. I think that did help though. I also think the hypnotic and other cd's I'm using really help!

I went to the bar with friends Sat night, and the place was so smoke filled. I honestly didn't want to smoke, and hated the smell on me when I left. It was actually harder as I was getting ready to go out, as I had worked hard all day, and normally that and a beer was my reward.

Luka--I take some supps that I ordered when I first quit--have lots of stuff in them, lobelia is in there. I don't know if they helped or not, but I gotta think so!

Wishing everyone a great day!!

Comment

video

Funny but not funny

[ame= ]YouTube - addiction[/ame]

Comment

I plan on quitting on the 28th too. The Lobelia seems to be doing something. Saturday after I took one, I would light a cigarette, smoke half, and then put it out; just seemed rotten.
                            Goal 1: Today
                            Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

hey luka, fancy being quitting buddies? lol we may find it helpful. i have cut down the amount, i still havent used the inhalor yet but i will. so only 4 days to go.

i have recognised when i smoke more, its in the morning and evening, so now i just have to try and do somthing to cut that down.

Comment

Had a close call with smoking last night. Got caught in town during a bad storm. Kids were home alone, and me and my "new old" car were without shelter!! Found shelter at a friend's vacant house, called kids from her basement, everybody was fine. I was shaking so bad. Found out another friend lost her home to the tornado, and other friends had lots of damage. When my friends showed up to shelter their vehicles I almost asked for a smoke. I am so very, really glad I didn't!! I've got to quit thinking like that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X