Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A girlfriend of mine drank and drank......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have thought alot about if I should tell this story because it is very sad but if it helps anyone out there I should tell it. It makes me wonder why AL is legal. A girlfriend of mine drank. I met her in my early 20's. As I was sober at the time I did not go out partying with her. She is beautiful looking, great figure, blond hair, tanned you know the type. A head turner. I worked with her and she was perfect at everything. Tidy at work tidy at home not one speck of dust nothing out of place you could of put her home in a home magazine. Actually she could of been in a magazine herself. We would always go to the beach together I always knew she was hungover when she turned up. She always use to give me that grin and say yeh yeh. She always had her water bottle with her where ever she went..I later learned it was laced with vodka so it did not smell. After a few years of working together she started being late or was sick I knew she was a party girl so did not think much of it. Sometimes she use to come to work so hungover I would send her upstairs just to sleep it of. She got the sack after years of working there and we would keep in contact only by phone we just sort of grew apart. A few years later she got me a job working with her. I will never ever forget that day she turned up...She was not the stunner she use to be. She was soooo skinny and stunk of AL. She got the sack from that job as well. Over the next 2 years she was in and out of hostipal I was not aware of this as she kept it all secret. I later learned her family booked her into rehab but she would just check herself out. The last day I saw my little friend she was in hospital again she had tubes coming out of her everywhere and she was yellow. I thought they had painted a chemical on her Stupid me. All her organs had shut down through AL abuse. She died that night her veins collasped. When I saw her that day she knew who I was, she opened her eyes and gave me that look that she use to give me all those years ago yeh yeh I know I'm hungover again. She was only 39 and had a 9 year old girl who is happy now and lives with her father. I'm sorry for this sad story and I'm sorry for my friend that could not beat this disease. I'm sick of it controlling me for the last 15 years! I miss my friend we had some great times. :l

It is sad, Mia. I lost a friend from acute liver failure in February--she was almost orange when she passed.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

mia....my arms want to reach out and give you a hug...thank you for sharing....i know it was hard....but....thank you on behalf of many of us here......
      flyin

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing that sad story. We all need to hear those stories.
        So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Love and Peace
        When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
        -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Oh no Mia I'm so sorry for your loss. That is so sad and also a good kick up the bum to remind us where we could end up if we're not careful.

My Dad died of liver failure only I don't know what the experience was like for him (or what colour he was) because he was in the UK and I was in Australia. It took a week for a friend to get worried about him and get the police to break into his apartment, by which stage his body was not in a state for me to be able to view when I flew over.

Thank you for sharing.

Love
          Wooflet

Comment

Did you ever ask her why ? " I drink to forget " ( Works quite well....cause I 've forgot !) Of course I've forgot everything else ! Really...I'm being Facioush...Try talking to her, what's her problem ? Put her on this web site ! We're in the same boat ! IAD !
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

That is such a sad story... but also a great reminder for those of us who chose to do something about AL.. I really thought I'd end up like that if I didn't do something ...

Thank you for sharing, Mia....
              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

I'm sorry, Mia, for your sadness. Such a reminder that we aren't just hurting ourselves. We hurt those we love and every life we touch. Thank you for sharing.

Love - Best

23 days AF
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                X