Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasons to Quit Don't Outnumber all the Reasons Why

What a lie!
    Now that I have taken my kudzu, Calms Forte, read 'My Way Out', ordered the drugs, CD's and herbs.
    I need to document why I am here and why I want to stop drinking. I like to write, but don't do it well and I can't spell either but it is good theraphy. Maybe my feeble posting will encourage less confident posters.
    My wieght. I have gained over 35lbs from a size six to a fourteen over the last 12 years since drinking daily.
    My energy level. I was fading fast. When drinking have quite a few beers then sleep for two to three hours. Get up and drink some more beers for about an . Go back to bed for a few more hours. Go to work, if I had to, feeling grouchy, crabby and tired. On the weekends the only thing different was that I didn't have go to work.
    I am starting to look like a haggy lush. I just went three weeks past when I should have had my hair colored, I don't pay attention to my nails and wear lots of black to cover my out of shape body.
    I am no longer ambitist. My husband and I own our own business. We live in a small town. Because I have revolved my world around drinking once we established our business I don't participate in civic groups and activities that is essential to staying in business.
    My husband is worried that I will not outlast him. He hopes to have me around for quite a few more years and experiences.
    I haven't visited my family because I know I am a wreck My brother mentioned concern the last time I saw him over 4 years ago. He has enough on his plate without worring about me.
    I can't remember what I talked to anyone about the next day. That's so aggravating. So, the only person that I talk to while I am drinking is my husband. I don't take or make phone calles after 5:30pm on weekdays and after 9:00am on weekends.
    I also don't email, write letters to the editor, post or signup on websites or shop. (But that rule started just in the last few years).
    I get hairs up my ass that leads destructive or expensive behaviour.
    I don't want to be drinking and be discussed with myself and contemplate locking myself in the car with it running. Not good!
    I want to work in my garden.
    I want to take walks on the beach with my husband and dogs.
    I don't want to feel like crap anymore.
    So there you have it. Let me know what you think. I don't want to bore anyone with the details.
    Thank you for this chance.
    Vikki

You are not boring us, Vikki!
    We all have long lists of reasons we want to change our ways. You sound primed and ready to go. You have already started. Keep it going, girl!
    Stay close, and keep us informed.
    We're here. You can do this! You listed weight loss as one of your top reasons for doing this, and MANY of us here are dropping the pounds like crazy! Check out Weight loss thread under March Madness. You will also find a lot more energy with the lesser amounts of alcohol in your system to drag you down. Trust me.
    Becca

Comment

Vikki,

Welcome!!! All here feel your pain; we are either there where you are or have been. Believe me. You are making the first steps to recovery and back to life!!! Good job!!! Stay with us--be strong. I can tell you want your life back--if you want it, you will have it. This is a wonderful program with people who care. Keep posting. Keep reading. You're on your way. We are with you. Stay strong!

Svedka

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help.
        I know this will really help.
        I am still exploring this blog and found the 'My Story' section and reposted my story.
        I will stay in touch.
        Vikki

Comment

re; REASONS TO QUIT

Hey Vikki, I could've posted that almost word for word, about 2 mo ago! I'm not kidding... Wow.
          Glad you found us... and welcome!
          Believe me, I think I know, a lot of what you're feeling right now. You're at the right place... I can't type for s**t either! Takes me about 1/2 an hour per post & thats w/ my shoes off... wearing out the back-space butn! I'm gonna have to get some nail polish or somthing for it, soon! Not kidding, it's getting lite in the middle! Welcome... & Hugs....Judie

Comment

re: reasons to quit

Oh cept I don't have my own bussiness... well, not really, maybe kinda, ... does setting my own hours & negotiating $ count? Ha!

Comment

Re: re: reasons to quit

Vikki, thanks for your post. I can relate to a lot of what you said -- it got to where I couldn't get on the internet when I was drinking because I would buy stuff! Lots of stupid stuff that I really didn't need, but for some reason I would buy it anyway! Quitting drinking has saved me more money than just what I spent on the beer! LOL!

Comment

I stopped shopping a few years ago when I sent back an order for a piece of furniture I bought. Luckily, I didn't accept delivery and it was from a real nice store!
                It was backordered for a few months but I couldn't for the life of me remember when I ordered it.

Comment

Vikki,

You are among friends. We all relate to what you are going through. What I have gained by not drinking is 1000X better than any alcohol or buzz out there.

Have you gotten all of the elements of the program and made your doc. appointment? This is the first step.

-Nina

Comment

Working...
                  X