Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday 22nd April

Morning everyone!

I'm shattered this morning - husband kept me awake snoring don't you just hate that!!

Nellie - I don't think I've come across your post before? Welcome - this site has helped me more than I ever could have imagined so please stick with it.

Janice - I hope your 1st day back at work went well - just going to work with a clear head is a bonus for me!

Wantrealmeaning - I'm waiting to hear how much weight you lost - I'm getting desperate to lose weight at the moment my clothes are all getting really tight and I'm not buying a bigger size! Gonna look up the South Beach Diet!

Hope everyone has a brilliant day - see ya soon xxxxxxxxx

P.S thanks for all your comments on dealing with Al and friends - In my case I think this is the biggest battle for me - I've just got to stay strong xx

Tuesday 22nd April

Morning all :rays:

Lovely morning here, so I'll be in the garden all day again. I didn't get any housework done yesterday cause I was gardening alllllllllllllll day. I was shattered last night, so had a hot bubbly bath and went to bed. I'll have to do some housework first though, once I get in the garden I just can't stop. Turned it into a massive project, I'm totally re-designing my front and back garden. I didn't start out with that intention, it's just sort of happened.
    My ex boyfriend came round yesterday. We were together for 4yrs but have been split up for 2yrs. We've remained very good friends, best friends, weird really, we get on so much better now. Anyway he gave my car a professional valet yesterday, it looks brill. He's so pleased to see me getting back on track, he even wrote me a poem last week. It's really encouraging when people notice how much effort your putting in. My kids are so much happier and we just see to be having a laugh all the time, I love it.

OK, how much weight have I lost? 4lbs, not bad, only 31lbs to go :H.
    Seen, have you looked up ths south beach diet yet, I think it's really good. I've begrudged buying bigger size clothes, but I have these black pants that I swear must be magic. they're a size 12, but I've worn them over this last year as I've gone from a size 10 to 16 and they still fit me weird!!!

Janice, what a worth while, rewarding job you you have, I'm sure you'll settle back in fine.

Cindi, how's your daughter? It would be really nice if she could join this site when she's ready.

Mary, how are you coping with the plagues at your house? Hope everything is settling down and your husband is getting better for his surgery.

Nellie :colorwelcome: :hallo:

Mohun, Aquamarine, Onmyway, Cowgal, Vinophile, Det, Rustop61, Lorelei, Beck, LVT25 and anyone I've missed hope you all have a brill day.

Want
    :h
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Good morning everyone

Its' a beautiful sunny spring morning here. Just back from a walk with the doggies and now have to start into the dreaded housework, ugh!! Would stay in the garden all day when it's like this but then as you say Want, things pile up in the house.

Have just gotten a few books from Amazon that were recommended. Healing the child within? Have any of you read it or found it helpful?

Will catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

afternoon all, well its a nice day again. ive been into town to buy few things from charity shops, so thats made me feel good. also ive bought some more vegetarian stuff so again thats good. now i have to go walk my pepper, then i have house work to do.

so take care everyone (((hugs)))

day 53 AF

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Good morning all abbers!!

Looks like it will be a nice day here. YEAH, got out and ran a few miles yesterday. Looks like my 8 day running hiatus didn't hurt me any.

Seen, I had amazing results on south beach. (in my boozing days) I lost about 13# in 2 weeks. Of course, I gained it all back with the help of Ginny.

We have a rather large vegetable garden; I plan on getting out there today. We always have the chance of frost until late May, so nothing tender can go out yet. Planted peas last weekend, yummy!! Need to get some lettuce seed out, it is hard to give the price they want for it in the market.

It is hard to believe I have made it to day 24. I have been pondering what I will do at day 30. Start again or try mods. At this point mods looks like a slippery slope back to drunkland. All my relationships seem better when sober. Work is better, so is sleep. As long as I can keep that litttle voice down, all will be well.

Best of all to everyone

On my way
          Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Good Morning Abbers!!

I missed you guys immensely, been incredibly busy at work, off camping with the scouts et all leaves me *0* time to ruminate on all things AF, but you all have been in my thoughts daily. I'm going to see if I can spend some time here catching on up on the latest. My surgery is healing and the Doc says I can start doing some activities but no lifting for another 2 weeks which is driving me crazy not being able to do as I please. Phone is ringing...

Have a great AF day everyone!
            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
            Watch this and find out....
            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Hi Everyone: I'm hanging in. I made a big pot of chicken soup yesterday. He's not perfectly better, but he thinks he'll be OK for Friday's surgery. Take care everyone. I'm going to stay busy. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Good Morning All,

Today I actually woke up early and was able to get a little work out in before I got here to the office. It wasn't much but each little bit helps, and well its been a while so better to start off small. Yesterday was day 7 AF for me and I am finding at the moment I don't miss it much. Keeping busy around the house is what's got my attention at the moment. My head is much clearer now and my mood swings have stabilized. The back issue is subsiding though I can feel it when I twist. it is amazing how much twisting one does in a day!

Keep up the good work all and I will check in a bit later. :goodjob:

-lorelei
                Suddenly I see
                This is what I want to be
                suddenly I see
                Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear how well everyone is. My husband is away for a few days and I know I won't drink. Thought doesn't even appeal right now.

OMW - Good that you are back in your running groove. Helps immensely. Been raining for days here - but I think it is going to lift today - so I will be out there. Regarding mods, you know I ponder that one myself. If it seems like a slippery slope, it probably is. Congrats on your 24 days.

Want and Seen, you both sound great.

4tB - welcome back! wondered what had become of you

Mary, good luck getting husband ready for the op. Know this must be really difficult for you. take care of yourself.

Bbones, those AF days are really adding up for you. Soon we'll be celebrating 60 days for you and Aqua.

Lor, good that your back is healing.

Beck
                  Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Thanks, Seen and Want, for your welcome. It's beautiful and warm here in Pennsylvania, and I'm lookinig out from my office at the blossoming trees. I'm on day two and hoping for another AF one. I've heard planning is key, so I'm busying myself between 4-8 and that seems to work; it's also easier as my hub and I like to wander around the yard at this time of year. Hope you all have a day that keeps you well; and that's what I'm hoping for myself too! Nellie

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Nellie...just a state away here in MD its kinda chilly and overcast....send some sun down here hon!
                      Suddenly I see
                      This is what I want to be
                      suddenly I see
                      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

I can see the sun trying very hard, Lorelei! It is working very hard to come out this morning, after the last few days.

My cat, Monty, is in quite a snit this morning. We have a couple of cats that like to visit on the back deck, but it makes him wildly territorial (he's an indoor kitty). My other cats head for the hills when he's like that. This morning a big orange tabby came on the deck, gave himself a leisurely bath, and jumped into one of the deck chairs and is now taking a nice nap. Monty is one unhappy boy. I did manage to distract him with breakfast though.

All is okay here. I'm happy to see everyone doing so well. I haven't been on much because my computer is being quite cantankerous, and I've had lots to do.

Uh-oh, lots of hissing at the window--see you later!

Love to all!

:l :l
                        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Can I join in this thread ,im on day 2 and I want to do at least 30 days cos im so sick of it all?Its a lovely day here too and I started the last 2 days with a nice long walk and a bowl of oatmeal! The funny thing is that I have a headache and I rarely get headaches???Surely I should feel great!! Early days I suppose.

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

Welcome limers. The headaches will pass in a day or two and then you will really start feeling better. 12 days AF for me and my wife says my sleep apnea is mostly gone. I feel way better.

Stay strong. When you don't, come here for a visit.

Comment

Tuesday 22nd April

tuesday!

Hey all you Absville people!!! I am doing well, day 9, mistakedly counted yesterday!?

You all sound great!!:goodjob:

I am sooooooooooooo glad to have this site to come to and share at...............

love you guys, you are an inspiration, truly!!!!:l:h

MA:h
                              :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                              X