Friday Night Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Night Down Under

Well here I am facing another friday night. I bowed to pressure and had one of my daughters smirnoff red cans last night 5% and had an incredibly strong reaction. I do think effexor adds to the high but my psych doesnt want to give me topa. I have to get some serious strategy going today (its friday morning as I write) and maybe get on the chat tonight. Does anyone have any additional ideas apart from the five thousand that I think of then discard to keep me busy. Don't say sex cause that only lasts a couple of minutes! :smokin

Jools xxx

Friday Night Down Under

Just wondering why your psychiatrist doesn't want to do the topa? Do you want to do the topa? Just curious.

Comment

Friday Night Down Under

no he thinks my problem is nothing that will power wont fix.

Comment

Friday Night Down Under

OK....the willpower thing. As far as ideas....the only thing that works for me is eating LOTS of my favorite foods during the times I would normally be drinking my favorite drink (Chardonnay). Good luck.

Comment

Friday Night Down Under

You need to find a doctor that will accommodate you. Not pass judgement. You are the customer!
          This is day four for me and I have found the Kudzu and Calms Forte helpful.
          I am worried about the weekend also. I've had so many lost weekends. So, we are planning on going to a movie.
          Hang in there.
          Vikki

Comment

Friday Night Down Under

I don't know if psychiatrists can prescribe topa down under yet, but you might be able to use campral, jools. Anyway it might be worth looking into another psychiatrist. I'm with Vikki on that one. Meanwhile, get out an do something to occupy yourself and get your mind off it. Anything! Good luck. They say if you can distract yourself, cravings will pass in 15-20 minutes! Sat afternoon, you can go to Brian's party (Friday night here in the states) for some distraction!

Hugs, Kathy

PS: I realize this post is too late, now, so I hope you made it!

Comment

Friday Night Down Under

Well :evil I had two glasses of merlot (small) at Mums and I had two glasses of shampers (normal size) at my neighbours and it was ok. Then I happily went home to lamb chops and salad and had an early night. All is good.Thanks for your support guys, moderation was a little easier this time around. Have to stay with that thought. Certainly about 10% of what I would normally drink so thats progress! Jools

Comment

Working...
              X