Ride home in a police car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a very bad weekend! Hubby and I went out on the town got very drunk don't remember very much of the evening! I do remember getting a ride home in a police car. Talking to the police officer. I can't wait to get started! Waiting on my package of vitamins and supplements and C.D.s. Really not sure how to make that step into the doctor. I don't currently have a doctor, just moved! Scared the topamax will be refused. Desperate to start! I can't handle this anymore. The depression from the drinking is out of control. I just want to have a "normal" life. It's been so good to be able to read everyones messages and see the support being extended out to each other. This is it! I just can't do this anymore!

Welcome!

Talking to the Doc can't be any worse than talking to the policeman.....take the Lancet article and go for it!

Good luck.

Comment

Oh my goodness!

So, was your hubby in the police car with you, or did you two somehow get separated and you were alone? Either way, that stinks. Sorry that happened. Seems most of us here have some form of crummy story that landed us on this wonderful site! Gotta start somewhere
      You certainly sound ready and have taken the first good steps forward by ordering the stuff. If I may make a suggestion regarding the doctor: If you do not have a Dr. yet since you just moved, you may want to look into a DO rather than an MD. I have a DO, and he was very interested in this program, given they tend to be a bit more into the holistic approaches to treatment. I see a few others have made note of the same thing, way back on a long time ago thread! My doc actually took copies of the book cover,
      approved all my supps, and gave me tons of free samples of Topa!! Can't do much better than that!
      Best of luck to you.
      Love, Becca
      P.S. Hope your hubby is supportive... it helps

Comment

Ya know, if the doc says no to Topa are you any worse off than you are right now????

Comment

Also, besides a DO, a psychiatrist might be more up-to-date on the uses of topa than a general practitioner. You can get a copy of the Lancet article under the FAQ section of the forum and print it out to take to whatever doctor you choose. In fact, you might want to drop it off beforehand, so the doc has a chance to look it over before your appointment.

Good luck!

Kathy

Comment

Thank-you all for your input! I think I will drop off the Lancet article before I go in, that's a great idea. I guess I'm feeling that if I can't get the Topa I won't be able to do this and I really do want to change things.

Apparently, (don't remember) my husband and I had a fight and he left. My husband is supportive of me doing this. Actually, his mother is an alcoholic in it's last stages, (very sick!). So he's been through it, and is quite understanding but he is also dealing with a lot of anger and resentment toward his mother. (I don't want to put him through this all over again.) Nor do I want my children to go through this. Plus, I'm tired of being so out of control.:rolleyes

Comment

ride in a cop car

Well, speaking from personel experience, I'd have to say a ride home in a cop car is much preferred to where they've taken me before! Count your blessings!!
              Beats the hell out of an ambulance ride too!
              Oh , and welcome aboard ! Sounds like your'e Ok? Hope so... This is a good place to hang out, make yourself comfortable, if you can. Later, & hugs, Judie

Comment

Re: ride in a cop car

I just can't describe how freeing it is to actually admit I have a problem and to be able to tell everyone here and not be judged. Thank-you! I am so inspired by the strength of everyone here. This has been a very emotional step for me, as I'm sure it is for all. It's kind of odd, but I feel strength instead of shame. I'm not sure this is making much sense. Whatever it is, it's good! I thank everyone who has had the strength to come forward and share their stories.:rollin

Comment

ride in a cop car

Wow, my cop made me walk - at 3 am in the pouring rain - from the station in downtown Calgary to the north side. Lucky I didn't fall in the Bow River.
                  Unfortunately that experience didn't make me take a look at myself. Took me almost 20 years (eek!:eek ) before I did that.
                  Good for you. DO feel proud. You're on your way.
                  Helen

Comment

Re: ride in a cop car

Hi Helen,

Wow, a fellow Canadian? I live in Lethbridge! Nice to know there is someone here so close to home. Are you still in Calgary? (on the same time). Actually the officers were very nice. I'm sure they're used to people like us. This officer must have been having a fairly decent evening dealing with the drunks. How are things going for you on the program or have you started?

Comment

Re: Your Mom

Lethbridge! No wonder you drink! JUST KIDDING!
                      I couldn't resist.
                      Actually, I now live in Ontario (since 1989), but I'm pretty sure there's a Canadian or two from the West on this site.
                      Man, I miss the west - I was born in Grande Prairie.
                      The program has been working for me as I have been really committed.
                      I don't have the topomax yet, my Doc is leary, but I am on Wellbutrin, the supps and have the CDs. Haven't found time to listen much. Looking forward to spring to get outside for exercise.
                      But I'll tell you, what keeps me going is this board, it's amazing.
                      I have to go, I'm home for lunch and couldn't resist logging on.
                      Hope to see your posts again!
                      Helen

Comment

Re: Your Mom

All the best Helen! Nice to talk to you. I'll watch for your progress on line.

Comment

Ride in the police car

HI gdtogo and Helen and all,
                          I have just started reading eveything in this site. Yesterday I ordered the CD's and the book. I do have some supplements but I guess they're not working yet as I had a very bad drunken Sunday in a bar, fought with a friend, was embarrassed and ashamed of myself on Monday and now I've had 3 beers tongiht. I have no more so I won't be drinking more tonight. I thought I could jump right in to the April - 2 week abstinence. Ha ha. No chance of that I guess. I exercise all the time although the quality of these workouts are not that great these days. I am afraid and I am also awe struck at what everyone is doing here. I am a little bit leery of the Topamax because of the side effects. I take an anti-depressant now but only a half tablet a day.
                          Anyway, I understand how appalling your police car ride could have been. About 7 years ago, I drank TWENTY martinis during the day and night and at 2 a.m. thought I could get into my car! I am still appalled that I did this. The police were there waiting for me and took me in and charged me with impaired driving. I am also a Canadian as I think it's called DUI in the States. Anyway, after FIVE long years, I had my record expunged and I still get nervous travelling or applying for jobs where there is a criminal record check.
                          So meanwhile, I am ready to start making my life normal and I am so thankful that I found this great place. I am getting teary eyed each time I think of it.
                          I hope I can make it. I hope we all can make it.

Comment

Re: Ride in the police car

Good Luck Cblossoms! For me just coming out and saying that my drinking is a problem is a positive step in the right direction. So good on you!

Trish

Comment

ridin in a cop car

God, Am I the only one that's ever been arrested here?
                              I feel like "the resident criminal"...it's been a few yrs at least, ....& I didn't hurt anybody... very glad of that...obviosly wasn't using my best judgement!
                              My dog even got arrested, well, I talked him into that, otherwise, they would've put her in a kennel, & she was "my baby", she didn't do anything wrong...
                              When my Hubby came to get me @ the station, they announced that a man was there to get the dog, didn't say anything about the wife... ... They had to double check to make sure he wanted both! "Ahem, Which B***h are you here for, Sir?" Ha! ..Hugs Judie

Comment

Working...
                              X