Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posted b-4 could REALLY use some help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I am doing the whole program (ordered everything from this site) except the Topa which I JUST obtained the script for today. SO...I thought at the beginning the herbs might be working b/c the first few days I did notice a decrease in craving...to the point I only had 1.5 gl. of wine. BUT since then it seems at least as strong...almost like there's a war going on where a part of me wants to resist and drink even more....does that make sense? I am PRAYING that the Topa will work. Tonight for example. I did not have any wine in the house. I went out (after listening to tapes and MUCH anx over it) and bought a bottle of wine to split at dinner (which would be Great if that was all I had). Then of course I had Hubby go out and buy another bottle along with other needed groceries (:0))...and I am here drinking another half...

Please tell me I have hope!!!

Thanks!!!! You guys are my last resort and inspiration!

Kit

Hi kit...
    I am new here too. You do have hope. Read all of the stories in here. I know about that anxiety too because when I decided to quit smoking, I would get anxious and smoke more. I think my brain was saying "you will not have any more of this soon, so give yourself as much as possible now before it's all gone". I dunno, maybe that's stupid but that's how I felt at the time. Then I quit smoking. I had a glass of water each time I wanted a cigarette. Maybe I can have a glass of water each time I want a drink and that will work. I have ordered the CD's and the books and I am praying that this will work.
    I can't go on drinking so I have to quit. I am afraid of what is going to happen. I am afraid of failure. I am just plain afraid.
    Keep reading in here. It has helped me.

Comment

God, do I understand.....I have done exactly the same thing. Do you know how many alcoholics show up at detox and rehab absolutely sh*tfaced?????:x :x :x :x Lots and lots, that's how many.

At any rate, my experience has been that it is much worse before you quit than it is after, and once you have gotten through the first few days without alcohol, it gets a little better. AT least you have a little bit of pride to go a long with any cravings that you have.

The topa should help a lot! If you want to moderate, give the topa a chance to work, and just relax!

Take care,
      Kathy

Comment

Hi Kit - I have been feeling the same way. I don't normally drink until Thurs. and I have been craving it since Sunday because I know I can't and won't have it. I have actually thought about taking up smoking again. I know that's not an option but I think about it (actually dream of it). I think that's when my wine drinking got out of hand. I replaced my smoking habbit with my wine habbit. Always looking for an out. I can relate to the anxiety. I got mad at my husband last night for asking a simple question. I think the key is to get yourself distracted and do lots of other things. The more time you have to think the more anxiety you will feel. Good luck and hang in there. I'm starting to use the computer and this website as my new habbit.

TTFN,
        Nomore

Comment

Hi Kit,

You sound like me three weeks ago when I found this site. That is all I kept saying, "I am just so scared"! And SCARED I was.. But everyone here just kept encouraging me until I got on the program. I have been doing the whole thing, topa included, for ten days now and I am feeling great. The topa has really helped, but I think frame of mind has alot to do with it also.

I understand what you are saying about the war in your head. That same war has been raging in my head for five long years!! Perhaps there is truth in the saying "mind over matter".....and this program can give you the extra help you need to make that happen. Let us know how it is going when you get the topa. Best of luck!!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
          X