new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new here

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am knew here and found you by divine intervention. I woke up this morning after a night of drinking at a family gathering, and embarassed at what I didnt remember saying, and worse yet of what I did remember saying. I have prayed 1000 times asking God to help me , but this morning was different. Can explain that later. I knew in my heart he heard me today, and by chance I found this site. I have ordered the package, Have 10:00 am dr. appt tomorrow. I cannot wait to begin . I pray this works for me. My drinking is out of control. I drink 6-9 beers a night, and weekends over 12/day. I dont know how I ever let this happen. The hurt I have caused my family is unforgiveable. I am so focused on reading I want to keep this short, to keep reading. Thank you for your time
    syd

new here

Welcome Syd,
    It's a great program that works if your committed and are ready to do it! This board is full of great people who are all in the same situation.

Marcie

Comment

new here

Welcome Sydney,

You have came to a great place! This program has helped me more than I can ever say. I use to be like you and drink 12 plus beers 5 days a week and embarrase myself and family so much. I have been doing the supps, Cd's and topa since middle of January. In March I am happy to say that all I have drank is THREE Beers! If I see moderation starting to slide I will go back to Ab's but so far so good! It has taken alot of will power and work on my part but it has definately been worth it! The program works and the supps and everything really help take the edge off the cravings when they hit. Also they make us healthier from the many years of drinks we have put into our bodies! Plus it helps to change your routine from when you would normally be drinking.

This site is a great site! Keep reading and posting. You will find that we are all a like and going through alot of the same feelings and issues that you are facing and dealing with. Some are new and some have been here awhile, but we all understand and want to help each other!

Good luck and Take care,
      Tammie

Comment

new here

hey hon welcome,sid iuf you rewally need help there are sooooo many wise people around .take care wanna talk. call me

Comment

new here

new here

Hi and welcome. Beer was my favourite too. I haven't had one in a month and LOVE it. I'm still waiting for the CDs and Supps and my Doctor wants to research Topa, But truly, this site has helped me stay the course I set for my self even without these things. I am looking forward to the full program so I can feel even better.
          Hang in, post, read, join chat. You are so welcome.

Comment

new here

Syd,

I like you woke up one day and said enough is enough. I reached a point of no return. I also felt when I found this board it was a God send. I have been on this program since Sept. and couldn't be happier. Good luck and keep posting.

Comment

new here

Welcome to the family syd;

Come on in and get comfortable....Glad you joined our family!

Brandy

Comment

new here

Glad your here and to see that you jumped in head first. Great job on ordering everything and making your doc's appointment. It is essentially to do the full program without hesitancy.

You may want to find the book UNDER THE INFLUENCE by Milam and Ketcham. It was a real eye opener for me and really helps you understand about alcoholism and why the MWO program helps so much.

-Nina

Comment

new here

I did it!

Thank You all for your responses. I did it!!! Iwent to the doctor this morning and have samples in my hands,, plus a prescription for topamax. I have suffered from migraines for years, so I wasnt totally honest why I needed the meds, but he prescribed with no hesitancy for my migraines. I am afraid to take my first one at work today. Will it make me drowsy. He said start at night so I think that is what I am going to do tonight. I feel such as sense of hope that I havent had EVER. I have a high pressure professional job, and at times, it is all I can do to make it to the end of the day. I soooo want this so bad. I have never wanted anything more in my life. I am tired of feeling guilty, ashamed, and hating myself every morning. My poor daughter. She is 14. She is the most forgiving soul I have ever met. How she stands me is beyond me. I have disappointed her more times than you can imagine by promising her things when I was happy & tipsy, and then not being able to remember the next day. I am a master at excuses why I forgot. Menopause , is what my husband thinks.
                  I read the threads about hiding places and about died. IF you guys only knew. I have it down to a science. Been found out more than once. I thought I was the only person in the world that did that.

Thank you all for your response. AA is NOT an option for me for many many reasons. This suppport seems phenomonal here. May I ask.... Was it as easy for anyone as it was described in the book. I downloaded that and read it yesterday. That seems too good to be true. There is so much more I want to say but am online from work.

Thanks to all who responded. I have huge tears choking me up right now.

ttyl

Syd

Comment

new here

you did it!

You go girl! Welcome aboard! Hey your story sounds a bit familiar too...
                    I'm pretty new to this program too. Maybe 2 1/2 mo and i'm feelin better than I have in yrs! My Hubby can't believe it He still thinks I'm up to something somehow!
                    He keeps saying stuff like "you're just trying to make me look bad" or "I did'nt drink that much beer, you must be hiding it on me" He's so used to me drinking more than him, it's wierd that now he's the lush! The shoe's suddenly on the other foot! In fact I hear that Topa is also used for cig smoking(stopping) maybe I can get him on it! i think you'll like it here! Hugs Judie

Comment

new here

Re: you did it!

Welcome Sydney!!
                      Great to have such an enthusiastic newcomer!! We could use a breath of fresh air here! Keep posting, keep sober, and let us know of any way at all we can help.
                      Love,
                      Becca

Comment

new here

Re: you did it!

Sydney
                        Welcome,
                        And you are in for another little surprise with the topamax. It turns off the switch in your head which crys for more more and more. On my nightly walk home from the tube station I can go into super market, get my groceries and walk out without the six pack plus!!!

And if you do have a drinks in a social setting I have so far found I just don't go balistic anymore. Stick with it. Also sleeping so well.

keep at it.
                        David

Comment

new here

Hi to everybody!!! I can't believe I have found this website. I have been praying for a miracle and do believe I have now found it. AA wasn't an option for me as I didn't want anybody to know that I am such a failure. My father was an alcoholic and I am so angry with myself for being like him. Every morning when I wake up I promise myself today I am not going to drink and I believe it all day but by the nightime I convince myself I don't have a problem and so start drinking again. Does anybody know if the medication is available in Australia? I take warfrin (Rat Sack) for blood clotting problems. Can I still take the medication? Where do I start? I have talked to my doctor about my drinking before but he thinks just like my husband that you just use your will power and everything will be fine. I feel stronger just being on this website. It's like I have found my family!!
                          Sharyn

Comment

new here

Hi Sharyn

Welcome from a fellow aussie. This place is a very pleasant place to hang out. It's helped me tremendously.

Tawny.

Comment

new here

Hi tawnyfrog, I should have realised by your name!!! Did you have trouble getting the medication? If you could just let me know I would be grateful. I printed out some information to show my husband about this way of staying sober but he still hasn't read it. Sometimes I wonder if he wants me to get sober. Has anybody out there had that trouble?

Comment

Working...
                              X